03 | bubblegum supremacy

Sunghoon's POV

We three sat in silence for a few minutes before the doors behind us slid open to reveal a female walking inside wearing jeans and a white top with a leather jacket. As I looked closely, I realised two things— first, her hair was highlighted with blue instead of pink like in the picture; second, she was munching on a freaking chewing gum even though she was on duty.

"This just got worse." I muttered when suddenly Heeseung elbowed me in my ribs on my comment. I tried my best not to react to the pain even though my ribs felt as if they were stabbed with a hot knife.

Fuck you Heeseung for having sharp elbows.

"Ah yes," She said, after giving a playful two-finger salute to Mr. Brown. "You must be Heeseung?" She asked, looking at the man standing beside me. He nodded, smiling. Her gaze shifted from him and settled on me, one of her eyebrows arching up as soon as she met my eyes.

"And you must be Sunghoon." She said, stretching out her hand for a shake. 

"That would be Agent Park for you." I said, stretching out my hand to accept the handshake but she quickly took back her hand, leaving me hanging and looked at Mr. Brown with her eyebrows furrowed.

"Sir with due respect, out of all agents you got this dipshit paired up with me?" She asked, looking at me in disgust. Heeseung cracked up, patting my shoulder and wheezing his lungs out while I stood there, trying to comprehend the fact that someone had the nerve to call me a 'dipshit'.

Rest in peace, my dear reputation.

"I'm sorry, Thea. He was the only one available." Mr. Brown said, his lips pressed in a thin line as if he was trying not to laugh. Unlike the other supervisors of the other groups of agents, Mr. Brown was pretty chill in terms of joking on duty. He would himself be seen to crack jokes in order to lift the mood when the atmosphere is too serious, but it was still a rare sight.

"Well then—" She said, shrugging her shoulders and turning around to look at me. "I look forward working with you Agent Park." She said sarcastically, Heeseung bursting out laughing again even though he had finally shut up from the previous joke after a lot of efforts.

"Same here." I muttered, feeling slightly humiliated. She snickered, before nodding at Mr. Brown and Heeseung and leaving the room.

Both of us asked for leave, walking out of the same doors through which we had entered.

"I high-key look forward working with her. She seems fun." Heeseung commented as soon as the door closed behind us. I scoffed, turning my head around to look at him.

"That will be decided after we have a talk with her."

Thea's POV

I was blasting some music on speakers while I was unpacking my stuff into my new office when suddenly I heard two very loud knocks on the door. I turned down the music a bit and opened the door, only to reveal Heeseung and Agent Dipshit.

"We have knocked literally ten times already, Agent Rivera. You need to keep that music down." Dipshit said much to my annoyance. I scoffed at him and turned to Heeseung with a smile on my face.

"Come in, Agent Lee. You can bring your friend inside if you want to." I joked, looking at Sunghoon with the corner of my eye. I tried my best not to burst out laughing after seeing Sunghoon's shocked expression and Heeseung's smug smile which he threw at his friend's direction.

"So Thea, how is South Korea?" Heeseung asked, probably trying to warm up to me. I noticed Sunghoon was looking around the room, observing my belongings. I let it pass, since I knew he wasn't going to do anything dangerous in any case.

"It's barely been a few hours since I reached here, but I can say it's pretty peaceful compared to Santa Maria, where I was posted last." I said, shrugging my shoulders. I suddenly heard a loud gasp from the corner of the room making me and my new friend turn our head around to look at the source of that sound.

"So many packets of chewing gum?! Do you own a factory or something?" Sunghoon asked, clearly surprised as he stared at the open drawer which I remembered filling it with my chewing gum stash when I got here.

"First of all, no, I don't own a factory. Second, why the fuck are you going through my drawers?" I asked, demanding an answer. I saw him quietly stand with his expression unaltered and still looking down at the drawer.

"Don't mind my friend, he's an idiot." Heeseung tried to cover it up, chuckling nervously. I nodded, humming in response as I threw a glare at Sunghoon's direction.

"I'm slightly addicted to them." I said, answering the question Sunghoon had asked me. Heeseung raised his eyebrow questioningly, to which I simply shrugged my shoulders. "It looks pretty cool when you are munching on them, you know. Plus it comes in handy during a fight." I said, throwing a wink at them.

"I fail to see how a chewed piece of gum may come handy in a fight." Sunghoon asked, confused, probably wondering what on earth was this new type of fight sequence which I had discovered.

It's my time to shine, baby.

"Allow me to demonstrate." I said, smiling and then licking the tip of my fingers, taking out the gum on which I was chewing currently out of my mouth with my wet fingers.

"Eww—" Heeseung said, disgusted, to which I just smirked at him. I stretched the thing in my hand to show them how I used it like a weapon.

"If someone is too close to you, you just stretch it and smack it onto their face." I said, tilting my head while moving my hands to act as if I was doing it. "Its really sticky if the surface is not wet, so they will end up getting busy removing it, while you just kick them in the groin or punch their lights out and be done with it." I said, lifting my knee up in the air to show them.

"Also, if you want to create a distraction, just leave a chewed gum on the handle of a door, and it works like magic. Also, don't forget the amazing jaw exercise." I said, ending my short presentation right there on how chewing gum comes handy on missions with a polite bow.

No claps, please. You can thank me later for this life-saving demonstration.

"Damn Agent Rivera, I'm impressed."