10 | wise words, agent

Thea's POV

I opened my eyes, yawning, and realised that the car had already stopped, the driver's seat empty. Confused, I was about to call out when suddenly the door beside me opened, revealing a familiar male wearing sunglasses.

"Oh great, you are awake- are you hungry?" He asked, looking at me.

"Obviously. The last time we ate was before we left Tokyo, doofus." I said, rolling my eyes at him. Sunghoon facepalmed, shaking his head at me.

"Look Miss Blue-Hair, I'm trying to be nice here." He said, proudly pointing at himself. "So you better co-operate with me unless you want me to be the bad cop." He added, his eyebrow arched with a smug smile on his face.

"If you were a cop at all, you wouldn't ask me dumb questions like this." I sassed, his trick completely backfiring.

"Whatever. Get out of the car." He said, knowing that I had won the prize of having the most savage comeback. I silently laughed at his defeat and got out of the car and closing the door shut.

Sunghoon's POV

"We are supposed to have a working dinner with him in his room." I said, plopping down on the bed after we had brought up our suitcases in the room. Thea nodded, opening the zipper of her suitcase.

"And by what name are we supposed to introduce ourselves?" She asked, tilting her head in confusion.

"The same we used in Tokyo. Choi Youngjae and Maria Martinez." I said, after reading Heeseung's messages again. She hummed in response and for the third time in a day, began munching on a newly piece of gum. She looked at me, stretching out her hand and offering me some of it.

"Want some? Mint tastes the best." She said, doing a chef's kiss. I shook my head, rejecting her offer.

"No thanks, I'm better this way." I said out of politeness. She shrugged her shoulders, tossing the half empty packet of chewing gum on her bed.

━━━━━(🍂)━━━━━

I adjusted my suit by looking at myself in the mirror, while Thea, clad in a blue dress, applied some light makeup by standing beside me and looking at the mirror.

"I'm sexy and I know it~!" She suddenly sang out loud, shaking her head while humming the song under her breath. My eyes widened, as I watched her quietly vibe to the song and shake her head at its beats.

"You good?" I asked, clearly confused. She burst out laughing and patted my shoulder, making me even more confused.

"You should loosen up a bit, Agent Park. Why are you so serious most of the time?" She asked, applying eye-liner to her left eyelid. I sighed, dusting the non-existent dust particles off the coat and checking out my outfit.

"Because we can't afford to be careless. It might cost our lives." I stated, looking at her reflection in the mirror.

"You already know that we are not careless." She said, raising her eyebrows while she looked at my reflection in the mirror. "And even if we are going to die, why not enjoy our time while it lasts, hmm?" She said, smiling as she closed shut her makeup box. She left the bathroom, leaving me alone in there, wondering how much of wisdom that one simple sentence had.

I quickly got out of the bathroom and noticed her quietly putting back her makeup box in her suitcase.

"Has it happened before?" I asked, making her stop her actions right there. "Has it ever happened with you, that you went on a mission with someone and something went wrong?" I added, not using the word 'died' as I figured out it just might hurt her more to tell me about it. She resumed her actions, not even turning around to look back at me.

"No. Anyways, let's go before we are late."

Thea's POV

"We are here to meet Mr. Haruno." I said, smiling at the man in the reception. "He has invited me and my friend for dinner in his room." I added, pointing at Sunghoon who was busy looking at the vase of flowers while he waited for me. The male nodded and picked up the intercom, perhaps confirming if Mr. Haruno was expecting visitors. After having a small conversation, he kept down the phone and looked up at me.

"You will find him in room number 102, on the tenth floor." He said, smiling at me. I thanked him and walked over to Sunghoon to tell him that we were allowed to go.

"Room 102 on tenth floor, come on." I said, patting his shoulder to get his attention. He nodded and began walking towards the elevator with me beside him.