13 | sugar drizzled on pizza

Sunghoon's POV

"Thea wake up, you are having a nightmare." I said, shaking her shoulder gently to wake her up. She suddenly stopped crying and turned around to face me, her tear stained face now bearing a confused expression.

"You? Why aren't you sleeping? We need to get up early if you remember." She said sleepily, her hands quickly moving to her face and wiping the tears.

"You were having a nightmare so I decided to wake you up." I said, wondering if she recalled having a nightmare or no. Her eyes opened completely, her muscles stiffening.

"What was I doing?" She asked, clearly nervous.

"Nothing much, just crying." I lied, feeling a bit disappointed over the fact that she was still not ready to share her past with me. She nodded, breathing out deeply.

"Thanks, though." She said, smiling at me. I nodded, getting up from the bed and walking towards my own to sleep, my heart somehow still racing from what I had seen. I climbed under the blankets and switched off the bedside lamp, soon drifting off to sleep.

Thea's POV

"Oh god, this is terrible." Heeseung finally spoke up, after both of us narrated the incident which had happened yesterday.

"This is as bad as someone sprinkling sugar crystals over their hot and cheesy pizza." I said, shaking my head. Sunghoon made a retching sound and covered his mouth, his eyes hurling insults at me.

"Why the fuck would you say something like this?!" Heeseung yelled from the other side, his voice restrained on the thought of witnessing the crime I just stated.

"I think I just puked in my mouth—" Sunghoon said, closing his mouth shut, his hands wrapping around his neck trying to choke himself. I burst out laughing, smacking him on his back for his low-grade acting skills.

"Die after we solve this problem, not now." I said, shaking my head at him. Heeseung burst out laughing from the other side of the call, making Sunghoon stand straight with his hands falling back down, glaring at me.

"I hate you." He sneered, squinting his eyes at me. I nodded, smiling sarcastically at him.

"The feeling's mutual, Agent Dipshit." I retorted, when suddenly both of us heard Heeseung cooing from the other side.

"You guys are so cute my heart" He said, perhaps fanboying, his statement taking both of us by surprise.

"What the heck?!" Both of us yelled coincidently, and then looking back at each other with squinted eyes, seconds away from attacking each other. We heard our friend scream from the other end of the call, making us almost yeet the earpieces away to avoid deafness.

"My life is successful! Bubbles and Buttercup are finally bonding with each other!"

Sunghoon's POV

"Show me the footage when the assassin entered your hotel for booking a room." Thea told the man sitting front of her. He nodded, typing something into the computer. After a few minutes, a video came up where a male wearing a black suit enters the main door and walks towards the reception, talking with the lady in charge of the post during that time.

"Pause it." I said at the moment when the assassin's face was slightly visible to the camera. The male paused the video, waiting for further instructions.

"Shit—" Thea muttered under her breath, which was clearly audible to me. "Zoom into the face, please." She said, pointing at the monitor screen. The man nodded, zooming into the paused video. 

The assassin was probably in his early to late thirties, his beard neatly trimmed. I heard a soft gasp from beside me, making me turn around and look at it's source. Thea was staring at the screen, her eyes as wide as saucers. She turned her head around to meet my eyes, the next words spewing forth from her mouth shocking me.

"That's Mr. Rodriguez, my first supervisor."

━━━━━(🍂)━━━━━

"You can talk here." I said, shutting the car's door close. After seeing the series of instances, talking in our room also seemed dangerous, thus we had opted to talk in the car.

"He's— Oh god, I thought he was dead." Thea said, running her fingers through her hair, trying to fathom the current situation. "He was one of my first supervisor for a couple of years, before— he—" She stopped, sucking in a deep breath, trying to form words.

"He what, Thea? Tell me." I said, taking her shaking hands into mine since it was clearly understood something bad had happened in her past which was linked to this, making it even harder to recollect everything.

"He betrayed us, Sunghoon. He planned to get rid of me and my friend."