48 | agents in action

Sunghoon's POV

"You guys remember the changes we made to Thea's plan, right?" Heeseung asked us while we got ready to leave, taking care of a few last minute things.

"Instead of bringing the pen drive here, we insert it in your computer in your room and come back." I said, recalling our discussion.

"Good. And the plan B?" He asked Thea, who was busy searching for something inside her closet with a huge pile of clothes lying beside her. Upon seeing no response from the female, the older turned to me, indirectly telling me to answer his question.

"Abort mission." I replied, honestly still slightly not satisfied with the plan B.

"Perfect." He said, nodding. "Thea, are you done finding whatever your are? You and your boyfriend need to leave." He added, getting her to hurry up.

"Found it!" She exclaimed, throwing a medium sized briefcase on the bed and standing up. "Oh come on- it was just a small kiss." She added, rolling her eyes at Heeseung.

"What?!" I yelled in surprise, completely baffled. "Lady, what the fuck do you even mean—" I began but unfortunately even before I could finish my sentence, Miss Blue Hair decided to cut me off mid sentence.

The disrespect.

"We don't have time for this, Dipshit." She said, opening the briefcase which was lying on the bed.

I swear to God— forget the fact that we kissed yesterday, I'm going to kill her after this.

"What the— you had ready-to-assemble guns in your closet the entire time?!" Heeseung practically shouted, not being able to hide his surprise at the sight in front of him.

"It's a necessity, hon." She said, her hands already assembling one and then throwing it to Heeseung. "Keep it with you." She added, picking up more pieces to assemble the last one.

"But there are only two—" I observed, as she threw the second one to me.

"I don't need them, honestly." She said, shrugging her shoulders and sliding down the now-closed-and-empty briefcase under the bed. "Let it stay there in case you need more bullets." She said, looking up at Heeseung.

"Okay, then. Everything's set?" I asked, confirming whether we had finished making all the arrangements and nothing was left more to do. Thea nodded, while Heeseung hummed in response.

"Let's go."

Thea's POV

"Stick to the plan, yeah?" I told Sunghoon, both of us hiding behind the building which was right beside the one we were supposed to go in. He hummed in response, peeking his head out to have a look at the main entrance.

"Thea?" Sunghoon said, grabbing my attention while I was busy adjusting my shoe, munching on a bubblegum which I had popped in before we left our house.

"Huh?" I piped up, confused.

"I'm going through the main entrance, you go from the rear." He said, his statement taking me by surprise since we had planned the exact opposite.

"What?! Sunghoon no—" I protested, my voice raising but then he covered my mouth with his hand, muffling the rest of my sentence.

"Shut up, okay? And don't die." He said, an annoyed frown on his face but his worried eyes gave it away that he was just putting up a tough cover.

I would be lying if I don't say my knees didn't feel like jelly after seeing him look at me like that.

All this time he had been worried about my safety while working with him, but I didn't realise that since I was too pre-occupied with the shit going on until now.

"Gosh, fuck you." I muttered, my voice barely audible enough just for Sunghoon to hear it. His lips curved into a smile, followed by a sharp nod.

"See you later, Agent Rivera." He whispered, before taking off and heading towards the direction of the building.

I stood there for a few minutes, trying to calm down my racing heart which currently seemed to beat so fast I felt like it was about to explode. Soon after, I turned around and began jogging while keeping a low profile, making my way towards the rear entrance.

My pace slowed down to a casual walk as I reached closer to the doors. As expected, no one was standing there since it was the time when the guards changed shifts, giving us a five minute gap in between before new guards took their place.

I stood at a corner, which was the blind spot of the camera fitted right near the entrance. After a few moments, two guards emerged from the doors, talking among themselves.

I was about to make a noise to distract them when suddenly I heard a few gunshots from inside of the building, which caught the attention of the guards. One of them ran towards the sound, the other one standing in his position, alert.

Looking around in order to find something, I saw a crushed plastic bottle lying near my feet, giving me an idea. I purposely stepped on it, which created a fairly loud crackling noise.

Fortunately, the alert guard looked at my direction where I was hiding and slowly began walking towards me while glancing behind time to time in order to see if anything was happening behind his back.

I kicked the bottle away, making him take out a gun from his pocket and hold it in his hand, ready to shoot.

"Who's there?" He asked, his deep voice confident and commanding. As soon as he came close to me, I kicked the gun out of his hand and attacked him, taking him into a headlock.

"I won't kill you, don't worry." I said, hitting his neck in a particular spot, which made him fall unconscious on the ground. I crouched down and felt his pockets, taking out his ID card.

"I'm borrowing this." I muttered, picking up the fallen gun and leaving behind the unconscious man and jogged towards the entrance. I scanned the borrowed ID, the doors opening moments after.

Luckily, the corridors were empty, giving away that Sunghoon was doing his part of the plan very well. I kept my head low and quickly walked towards the stairs and climbed them, making my way to Heeseung's cabin.

I was about to take a turn when I heard footsteps behind me, my pace coming to a stop as I turned around to look at the person.

I let out a small groan in frustration and put my hands up lightly in the air. 

"You seriously think we are betraying the agency?" I asked my colleague Agent Kim who was pointing his gun at me, ready to shoot any second.

"Orders are orders, Agent Rivera. We have proof against you." He replied, looking at me attentively in case I decide to make any move. I rolled my eyes at the older, a small frown on my lips.

"Look Yonghwa, I really don't want to hurt you." I said, shrugging my shoulders.

"I don't want to hurt you either, Rivera. Just turn yourself in and we won't harm you."