35 | chaotic agents

Thea's POV

"Uh—what?" Jayoung asked me, clearly a bit surprised at my sudden question. 

"Why are you helping us? Like, you must have a reason, right? I just want to know that reason." I explained, softly smiling at her and hoping she wouldn't feel too pressurized to reveal her reason.

"Oh right, about that." She replied, coughing abruptly as I saw her cheeks ever-so-slightly turn red. "I realised that this was a big thing after Heeseung explained a bit to me so I decided to help." She admitted, shrugging her shoulders and looking down at the floor. I suppressed my laughter, since I had kind of figured out what was going on in here but I had decided to let her tell me that particular fact herself.

"And? I know this can't be the only reason." I pressed it further, slightly amused at seeing my new friend become so shy. She looked at my face and stared at it for a few seconds, before smacking my shoulder lightly.

"Oh come on! You already know it, don't you?" She exclaimed, bursting out into fits of laughter along with me. I nodded, indicating that she was right.

"It's alright. I kind of figured it out." I said, patting her shoulder. We were talking about something when Sunghoon called me from behind, grabbing my attention. I excused myself and walked towards him, wondering why he had called me suddenly.

"Thea, this is Jake." Sunghoon introduced me to his friend. I smiled at him and stretched my hand out for a polite handshake. He smiled back warmly, accepting my hand and shaking it.

"So, have you guys decided any plan or such? Because we need to hurry up." I looked at Sunghoon, indirectly pointing the question to him. He nodded, earning a small hum in response from me.

"We'll pretend to shift Heeseung from this hospital to his—" Sunghoon began, motioning towards Jake who acknowledged it with a nod. "—and then we can all go there and from there, we can go back to your house." He told me the plan, staring at my face for my reaction. I thought about it for a few sconds after which I grabbed Sunghoon's hand and excused ourselves from the small group, walking towards the farther corner of the room.

"What?" Sunghoon whispered, clearly confused as to why I had pulled him away along with me.

"You sure he'll help us out?" I asked him, slightly paranoid since we had already been betrayed once and couldn't afford any more since one more could cost our lives. He smiled at me, perhaps amused over the fact that I, who was usually calm and confident, was worried like this.

"Don't worry. Nothing's going to happen." He reassured me, patting my head much to my annoyance. I smacked his hand away from my head to which he cursed under his breath, which made me realise I had hit his injured arm.

"Oh shoot—" I muttered, feeling guilty about hitting him right where it hurt. "Sorry." I said softly, followed by a nervous chuckle. He waved his hand dismissively at me, shaking his head.

I let out a small puff of air and walked towards Heeseung and his friend, both of them busy laughing and busy talking to each other. Sunghoon followed after and stood beside me, clearing his throat abruptly to interrupt into the conversation.

"If you both are done laughing, let's start doing our work." Sunghoon stated, indirectly asking both of them if they had anything else to speak about. Jake was about to say something when he stopped, his gaze falling on Sunghoon's shirt.

I followed his gaze and realised that the cloth of his shirt had parted from each other, exposing his chest.

Oh god, why didn't I just fall down instead of make that one freaking mistake of grabbing onto his stupid shirt?

"Uh, one second—" I interrupted, turning to my side and fixing his shirt by pulling the two sides closer towards each other. "You better not let this happen again." I whispered to him while meeting his eyes, indirectly warning him that if that incident comes up again in front of everyone, he's going to get punched in the face. He gave me slight nod and looked to his side, modestly breaking the eye contact.

"As I was saying—" Jake finally began after I moved aside and stood behind Sunghoon. "I need to fill out a few forms for him and for that it's better if someone who is in close relation with him joins me." He said, asking us whether who would want to go with him while the rest stay here and help Heeseung.

"I'll do it." I said, volunteering to do the job. "Sunghoon can stay here and make sure if everything is alright and I can accompany you." I said, looking at Sunghoon and indirectly asking for his opinion on this arrangement. He nodded quickly, agreeing with me.

"That's great! Let's go and quickly get ourselves out of here."

━━━━━(🍂)━━━━━

"Yes, we will be using our vehicle." Jake told the lady at the desk while I just stood beside him, filling out a form on behalf of Heeseung.

"Alright. Let me the call the doctor in-charge for his signature." The female stated, picking up the receiver and dialing a number. I quickly finished filling in the details and then handed the form to Jake, who filled in the last few blanks and finally gave the form to the lady.

"I'll tell Sunghoon that it's done." I informed him and turned around, only to bump into the said man, my nose crashing against his hard chin. I groaned in pain, covering my nose and glaring at Sunghoon.

"No need, I'm already here." He said, giving me a cheeky smile. I punched him on his shoulder lightly and moved aside, muttering curses under my breath as I checked if my nose was bleeding or not.

"Where is Heeseung?" Jake asked, looking up at Sunghoon. He leaned against the counter smugly, one of his hand on the countertop while the other was shoved into his pocket.

"In your car." He said, acting as if it was not a big deal. Jake rolled his eyes at him, facepalming.

"Don't tell me you managed to unlock my car with some stupid hack—" He muttered, to which Sunghoon furrowed his eyebrows, confused at his friend's reaction.

"I thought you were going to me impressed by how I managed to unlock your car without damaging it!" Sunghoon exclaimed, aghast. I burst out laughing, my hands holding my stomach which felt as if they would just burst by the way I was laughing so hard.

"We are supposed to take him in an ambulance, you dimwit. Not my car." Jake stated, facepalming for the second time. I started laughing even harder, my sides hurting so much that I was afraid they were about to crack open.

"Well, oops?"