07 | dipshit drives the car

Sunghoon's POV

"Thea, wake up!" I yelled from the other side of the room while putting on a shirt after having a bath. It was already nine in the morning and Miss Funky Hair here was still sleeping because she was awake till two in the morning watching some drama on her phone.

As if life wasn't a drama already.

"Goddamn it, Buttercup! Let me sleep!" She yelled half asleep, throwing a pillow in the air aimlessly which crashed into the couch three feet away from me.

"Who the fuck told you to stay awake so late?! Did you forget we are still on a mission?" I said, picking up the pillow and throwing it back at her head. She grumbled something under her breath and sat up, her blue-highlighted hair falling all over her face as she looked around, still half asleep.

"Now get ready— we are leaving in two hours." I said, expecting a normal response but to my horror, she showed her middle finger at me and stood up, storming off in the bathroom.

Thea's POV

"Who is gonna drive first?" Sunghoon asked, wearing his black Ray-bans and doing nothing while I kept all the luggage in the trunk. I slammed the flap shut, shooting death glares at his direction. We were given a black compact SUV to travel to Hiroshima. I found the color to be very cliché to begin with.

Obviously it was Mr. Dipshit's choice, thus so cliché like his entire self. I, honestly, would have went for someone in the shades of dark blue.

"You do it." I deadpanned, opening the car door and sitting on the seat beside the driver's.

"Hey! That's not fair!" He whined from outside, making me open the door again to face him.

"You made me keep the entire luggage in the truck, asshole. Shut up and drive or else I'll run you over with this car itself." I snapped and closed the car door to avoid any further debate on this topic. I looked outside the window and saw him sulkingly walk over to the driver's side, open the door and sit down. He turned his head around to look at me with the same pouty expression, perhaps trying to change my mind but I just shook my head at him, declaring the decision was final.

"Fine." He said with a sigh, and started the car and we began moving out of the hotel's perimeter.

"Damn, I should bring my popcorn here." I suddenly heard Heeseung speak up from our earpiece. Sunghoon slammed the brakes really hard, both of us lurching forward as the car suddenly came to a stop.

"Bitch— I thought you went off to get a coffee! How did you return so fast?!" Sunghoon yelled, shaken, while I kept my hand over my heart which was beating very fast due to the shock I had recieved.

"The coffee machine is broken so I just came back." We heard him say from the other side, clearly amused at the scene which he had created.

"Mister— don't give us heart attack like this." I said, shaking my head to myself. "Sunghoon slammed the breaks so hard my face almost made contact with the dashboard, even though I'm wearing a seatbelt." I said, looking at the said male and cursing at him with my eyes. He muttered an apology, though his expression wasn't apologetic at all. I waved my hand dismissively at him, telling him it was alright.

"Anyways, jokes apart." Heeseung spoke up, his voice taking a serious note. "I will be sending the location to Thea, which she is supposed to put in the GPS so that you can reach there." He added and as soon as he finished, I received a message from him on my phone.

"And where will we find the ex-agent?" Sunghoon asked, his fingers unconsciously tapping away on the steering wheel.

"Currently, he's staying at a hotel. I have booked a room for you two in the hotel beside it which has a view to his hotel room. In case things go sideways, you would be able to spot it." He said from the other end of the call, earning a hum in response from Sunghoon, who now had begun driving again.

"Anything else?" I asked, waiting for a reply, the atmosphere becoming silent apart from the sound of the car's engine and the cars honking on the road.

"Nope. But keep your ear pieces on. If something comes up then I'll be able to tell you as soon as possible.

━━━━━(🍂)━━━━━

"I don't like this song." I said, bending forward and changing the song which was playing to one which I usually hear to. Lively music filled the car, it's rapid beats almost begging us to dance to it. The car ride had started to become very boring so we had unanimously decided to play some songs to pass time.

"I am the driver, so the song will be of my choice." Sunghoon said, changing back the song which was playing before. The lively music was instantly replaced by slow and soft tunes, making me feel sleepy.

"No. This song." I said, switching back to the lively song I had played before. Suddenly, my phone buzzed with notifications from Heeseung.

Heeseung:
just turn off the fucking stereo you idiots

Heeseung:
im not logged in to hear you both bickering

Heeseung:
also im turning down the volume of the speakers over here- so in case you need anything, you have to yell so that I can hear you

I silently chuckled after reading his texts. Since the last time Heeseung had spoken up, we had almost bonked our heads on the dashboard in surprise so this time, the lad had decided to text us to say something if it wasn't much important. I bent forward and switched off the music system without saying anything, making Sunghoon shout in protest.

"What the hell- why did you turn it off?!"