22 | bubbles is intimidating

Sunghoon's POV

"We'll wait in the car till he gets out of that bar." Thea deadpanned, still stuck on her decision to not to make any conversation with me. We had just witnessed Rodriguez go inside the bar while we stayed put in our car, watching from distance.

"Oh come on I just got a bit mad—" I said, trying to argue Thea into forgiving me but instead she snapped at me, cutting off my sentence.

"I said what I said. Now shut up before I punch your face and make you do it myself." She threatened me, looking outside and not even bothered to look at me. I sighed, defeated, and sunk down into my seat while we waited in the dark.

Flashback

"Come on, Sunghoon! It's just a joke!" Thea protested, still chuckling at my reaction after she called my ass cute out of nowhere.

"Just stop joking, okay?" I said, my voice now on a serious note. "It's alright for sometime but I think you are overdoing it." I added, her smile disappearing and getting replaced by a frown while she looked at me through the mirror.

"I'm not overdoing it." She argued back, slamming her hands on the marble platform. I let out a frustrated sigh, pinching my nose bridge and clearly annoyed.

"My life was literally going so well before you ended up in it." I snapped back, clearly mad at the female in front of me. I noticed her expression falter a bit, before becoming unnaturally calm with her lips pressed into a thin line.

"You can't even take a joke playfully, can you?" She retorted, disgust and hatred evident in her voice, along with a hint of hurt if I was not wrong. "Sorry for ending up in your life, my bad." She said, taking her stuff and walking out of the bathroom.

"Hey look" I piped up after her, feeling a bit guilty since I had not wanted to offend Thea in any way but apparently I had still managed to do so.

"I'm pretty annoying, right? I just won't talk to you then, as easy as that." She stated, packing her stuff in her bag. "I'm going to check us out of here so do what you want to." She added, storming out of the room and closing the door with a loud bang.

End of flashback

Yeah, I fucked up pretty bad.

It was pretty pointless of me to get mad at her on a silly joke but my pea brain didn't think better and here we are, Thea threatening me to punch my teeth in while I just cower in fear and pray to god that she will calm down soon.

Don't get me wrong- she is pretty scary when angry and also intimidating when she's not smiling. Also, try not to get on her bad side unless you want to live in fear for the rest of your life.

Thirty minutes passed away in dreadful silence, before my associate decided to munch on a chewing gum. Faint smell of mint filled the car, followed by the sound of a pair of jaws working together onto something.

I let out a small sigh while shifting in my seat to sit comfortably when the glass door of the bar opened, revealing the man we were supposed to catch hold of.

"Let's g—" I announced but was cut off mid sentence at the sound of the car door being closed. I looked to my side and realised the driver's seat was already empty, Thea standing outside the car and motioning me to get out.

Why God? What did I do to be treated like this?

I quickly got out of the car, fixing my dress when Thea linked her arm with me and making me whip my head around and look at her in surprise.

"Pretend that we are just a couple enjoying our time." She said softly before walking ahead and pulling me along with her. I almost fell forward on my face but quickly balanced my body, avoiding the collision.

As much as I was glad that she was not angry at me anymore, I really wished that she would slow down a little bit because I was having a hard time here not to fall down on my fragile face.

"Well, it just looks like you are enjoying it and I am avoiding near-death accidents with the ground." I muttered, walking quickly to keep up with her pace. She chortled and quickly covered her mouth to stop herself from laughing.

"That's good. Now let's focus on what we were here for." She said, earning a nod from me. I looked at front and saw a man clad in formal wear walk ahead quietly, at least ten meters distance between us. I moved aside a bit and saw a small alleyway on the way, Mr. Rodriguez a few minutes away from it.

"Thea, I have an idea." I spoke softly, taking out my car keys from the pocket. "There's an alleyway to the right, a few minutes away from it." I said, pointing at the small lane to her. She nodded as she noticed it.

"You get the car here and block it, I'll my job." She said, saying the exact opposite of what I was going to say. I looked at her for a few more moments, before she suddenly realised what was going on in my mind.

"My hair pin plays a role, remember?" She asked, raising her eyebrow. I understood her logic, slightly embarrassed at myself that I had forgotten that fact.

Thea's POV

As soon as Sunghoon went away, I took out my phone and switched it off and took a left turn, breaking into a run in order to reach the dark lane Sunghoon was talking about before Mr. Rodriguez crossed it.

I took a deep breath, trying to put my breathing back to normal after a small run as soon as I reached the alleyway which was fortunately deserted. Peeking onto the main street, I saw Mr. Rodriguez just about to cross the lane I was standing in.

"Oh God!" I cried out loud, whipping out my phone which was switched off and pretending it was dead. I had changed my voice a bit, since there was a huge chance I might get caught because Mr. Rodriguez knew me very well.

Unfortunately, the bastard didn't even turn to look at my direction and almost crossed the path, when suddenly I had an idea. I quickly fished out a mask from my bag and wore it, running after him.

"Excuse me sir, but can you please help me call and ambulance? My boyfriend suddenly fainted while we were on our way home."