05 | teamwork

Sunghoon's POV

"Good luck to you both. I'll contact you after your flight lands." Heeseung said before going silent and cutting the call. I sighed, letting Thea to enter the aircraft before me. She nodded, getting inside and looking up at the seat numbers to find our seat. We were on our way to Tokyo, where the ex-agent was currently situated so that we can extract information from him.

Confusion dawned upon me as I noticed Thea walk past the first class and even the business class. Soon, she stood near a row of seats and motioned me to sit on one of them. I looked around and realised we were in economy class.

"Economy class? Seriously?!" I whisper-shouted, silently cursing at the person who was in charge of booking flight tickets.

"Do you want the window seat or not?" Thea asked, raising her eyebrows. I let out a frustrated sigh and got inside, sitting on the seat just beside the window. Thea kept her handbag above us and shut the flap, sitting beside me in the middle seat.

"I thought we were hitting first class, or even business would have worked." I complained, looking at her with a disappointed expression. She chuckled, patting my shoulder softly.

"I told them to book a seat in economy class. It will help us blend in perfectly." She said, making me click my tongue in annoyance.

"Thanks for making my life hard, I guess." I muttered and turned around my head to look outside the window. I heard her sigh softly, followed by her patting on my shoulder again to get my attention.

"I know you are used to working alone, even I am." She said, smiling softly. "But hey, we can get used to it, right? How bad can it be?" She asked, shrugging her shoulders. I gave it a thought, before nodding and wordlessly telling her that I agree with her. She hummed in response, before popping a piece of chewing gum in her mouth. I facepalmed, wondering what I had got myself into by agreeing to work with this lady.

"What?" She asked, confused, while her jaws worked on the piece of gum in her mouth.

"You are never going to stop that habit of yours, are you?"

Thea's POV

"Sunghoon, wake up we are going to land." I said, furiously shaking the shoulder of the male beside me, whose head was constantly falling on my shoulder and getting his drool over it, even though I had pushed it to the other side a hundred times. I heard the kid sitting beside me laugh at the scene before getting shushed by his mother who was sitting in the seat near him in the other row.

"Kid, help me wake up this man, please." I requested the child, who nodded immediately and agreed. He stretched out his hand in front of Sunghoon's face and smacked it very hard, quickly folding his hands back before Sunghoon caught him. I covered my face with my hand, trying to muffle my laughter as I saw him wake up with a start.

"God, my nose!" He whined, his face scrunched up in pain while covering his throbbing nose. I gave the kid a high-five and thanked him for waking up Sunghoon.

"Sorry— You weren't waking up so it had to be this way." I said, snickering. He threw me a dirty look and was about to say something when we heard the pilot's voice over the speakers, saying we were going to reach Tokyo in ten minutes.

━━━━━(🍂)━━━━━

"What?! Are you serious?!" Sunghoon almost yelled into the ear piece, making Heeseung yelp in surprise from the other side.

"Mr. Haruno had to go to Hiroshima because his house in Tokyo was broken in last night while he was out with his friends. All the seats in the flights which go from Tokyo to Hiroshima tomorrow are booked." Heeseung said, clearly dejected. I let out a frustrated groan, before looking out for the taxi we had booked a few minutes back to take us from the airport to the hotel we were supposed to stay in tonight.

Even though I couldn't see Sunghoon's face was dimly lighted in the night lights, I knew he was pretty mad at what had happened. Travelling from Tokyo to Hiroshima was very time consuming and tiring, along with the fact that we had a evening flight tomorrow from Tokyo back to Seoul.

"We have to take a car, since a bus isn't possible." He spoke up, interrupting my thoughts.

"Are you sure? It's a eight to nine hour travel, Sunghoon. Maybe you can wait for another day till we find tickets." Heeseung said from the other side, slightly worried.

"I have travelled to Hiroshima from Tokyo in one of my earlier missions." I piped up, talking into the earpiece as well as talking to the person beside me. "It will still take us four hours to get there. At this point, car is the best way possible since it will provide us privacy unlike bullet trains and busses." I added, before I looked at Sunghoon and motioned towards a taxi which had the same number plate as which was told to us. He nodded, waving at the driver and walking away to tell him that we were the passengers he was supposed to pick up from the airport.

"Alright then. I'll cancel tomorrow's flight tickets and shift them to sometime in future."