04 | powerpuff girls

Sunghoon's POV

"But being addicted to something is not good, Agent Rivera." Heeseung said, shaking his head solemnly. A wave of guilt passed over Thea's face as she nodded in response.

"Well, I'm not even that addicted but yes I'm trying to cut down on it." She said, grinning. Heeseung hummed in response before I produced another question.

"Then why so many are stashed in the drawer? You should not buy them if you are trying to avoid them." I asked, while I saw her rip a paper and wrap it around the chewed gum in her hand, throwing it away in a dustbin. She let out a exasperated sigh, turning around on her heels to face me.

"I said I'm trying to reduce, not completely stop munching on them, Agent Dipshit. Use your brain if you have any." She snapped, tapping the side of her head and taking me aback by her response. Perhaps karma was hitting back at me for being rude even before I had met her.

Whoever declared that karma's a bitch was just spitting facts.

"You both are going to make excellent field partners."

Thea's POV

"I hope your peaceful week was fun filled, but let's on get carried away with it as we have some work to do." Mr. Brown said, brushing non-existent dust particles off his black suit while standing next to the projector screen, his salt and pepper hair neatly combed.

"Peaceful my ass." Heeseung muttered, who was sitting between me and Sunghoon to avoid more fights between us. I scoffed, recalling the past week. The only thing that happened together was me and Sunghoon fighting and hurling insults at each other and Heeseung separating us seconds before things got bloody.

"Agent Lee, mind your language." Mr. Brown ordered, not even looking at him while he opened a presentation and projected it on the screen.

"Peaceful my posterior." I muttered, earing a exasperated sigh from Sunghoon and a snicker from Heeseung, who quickly covered it up with a cough.

"Or peaceful my rump." Heeseung whispered making me choke on air as I tried my best not to laugh.

"Cut it out, both of you!" Agent Dipshit whisper-shouted, clearly annoyed at us.

"Whatever, partner." I rolled my eyes, before Mr. Brown abruptly cleared his throat, earning our attention. He switched to the first slide, showing us a map of a city with a place circled on it with a red marker.

"This marked area, as you can see is where a ex-agent of ours lives." He said, pointing at the marked area. "We had fired him eight years back because he had killed his own partner while they were on a mission." He added, looking at us, before switching to the next slide to show that particular male's picture.

"He was accused of working with a group of criminals, but then later they had themselves thrown him out because of the amount of money he demanded every year to stay silent about their secrets." Mr. Brown said, but stopped as he saw me raise my hand for asking a question. He nodded, motioning me to go ahead.

"How are you so sure that he isn't still working with them? After all, he might be lying." I questioned, slightly confused.

"Good question, Miss Rivera." He said, nodding at my direction. "Few years back, some of our agents had captured a criminal from that particular group and when he was questioned, that person revealed that the ex-agent had been casted out." He added, looking at the three of us for our reaction. "And to add on top of that, the ex-agent contacted us last month, begging us for protection because he thinks his life is in danger." Mr. Brown said, taking three of us by surprise.

"Why would people want to kill him?" Heeseung asked, confusion clearly audible in his voice.

"That is where Miss Rivera and Mr. Park come in the scene, along with you Mr. Lee. You three are going to find out what he knows; the secret which is so important that he has people behind him who want to kill him."

Sunghoon's POV

"It's been so long since I'm going on a mission after getting admitted into the hospital." I said, feeling a tad bit nostalgic as I got ready, packing my stuff while Heeseung handed me and Thea a bluetooth earpiece each.

"That's amazing!" Thea said, waving her hands in the air for fake enthusiasm and then scoffing at me. "Honestly, that's good to hear but there is nothing to be nostalgic about." She added, squinting her eyes at me. Did I mention she was very annoying?

"Says the girl with funky hair." I said, rolling my eyes at her. She cursed under her breath, balling her hand into a fist and moments away from punching my face.

"Enough, you two. Please don't kill each other now, we have a task to complete." Heeseung said, standing between us and separating us from each other.

"Tell Bubbles here not to annoy me." I said, pointing at the female with blue highlights. Heeseung nodded and turned around to tell Thea the same thing before she spoke up and didn't even let him speak.

"And tell Buttercup to stop being such an asshole." Thea spat, showing her balled-up fist to me, indirectly threatening me that she will not hesitate to punch me if I annoy her.

"And I'm Blossom and I order you two to shut the fuck up and be friends before I give you wrong instructions on the mission and you both die."