30 | farewell, my love

Thea's POV

"And we are done!" I announced, after finishing wrapping Sunghoon's hand in the cotton gauge. He stared at his hand for a few seconds, before slowly nodding.

"Thanks." He said, smiling. I nodded, returning him a small smile and turning back to look in front. I turned on the car's engine, my stomach feeling a bit fluttery. I furrowed my eyebrows, wondering if I had eaten anything wrong when Sunghoon snapped me out of my thoughts by saying something.

"How far is the airport from here?" He asked, while I began reversing the car and drove it to the main road.

"About two hours? I can make it in one if you want." I said, shrugging my shoulders. His eyes widened while his hands silently put on the seatbelt.

"Don't make us crash into a pole with the car at two hundred miles per hour."

━━━━━(🍂)━━━━━

"Sloths!" I yelled, overtaking a few cars on the highway while the music system blasted some of my favourite heavy metal song.

"I think we should calm down a bit—" Sunghoon spoke up, almost yelling since the music was on pretty high volume.

You seriously can't listen heavy metal music without having it's volume high. It would be literally insulting for that amazing song.

"No! It's my favourite song!" I snapped, slapping his hand away from the stereo system. "And if I stared too long, I'll probably break down and cry~!" I sang the lyrics, head bopping to the amazing music.

"I'm going to cry." Sunghoon commented, nodding his head vigorously. I furrowed my eyebrows at his not-so-needed input.

So like an awesome person I am, I decided to ignore it.

"Woah, oh, oh sweet child of mine~!" I sang, casually overtaking a few more vehicles while going at one-fifty miles per hour.

You simply can't enjoy driving a sports car without going at high speed. And when it's the one you fell in love with? Hell yeah, I'm about to make this baby fly in the sky.

"This sweet child of god is just moments away from dying in a car crash—" Sunghoon commented again, now switching off the stereo mid song. I muttered a few curses under my breath, my eyes glued to the road as I drove ahead. Soon after forty minutes or so, we finally reached the airport's parking lot.

I stopped the car and let out a huge sigh, hugging the steering wheel.

"Babe, I'll miss driving you." I muttered, patting the dashboard as if it's was some child's head.

"Lady, you good?" Sunghoon asked me, perhaps perplexed after seeing my behaviour. I moved my head a bit to look at him, half of my face squished against the steering wheel.

"I like this car so much, it's a shame I have to leave it here." 

Sunghoon's POV

"Oh come on already—" I said, dragging Thea away from the black sports car since she wouldn't stop crying over it.

No tears included, though. Otherwise instead of the airport, I would have dragged her to the mental hospital.

"Farewell, my love!" Thea exclaimed dramatically, her hands stretched out behind towards the car behind us.

What am I going to do with this drama queen?

━━━━━(🍂)━━━━━

"Economy class again?!" I whisper-shouted, completely aghast. Thea nodded, already getting into the seat near the window. "At least let me sit there." I muttered, gripping the sleeve of her top.

"Why? Are you a king?" She asked, her eyes narrowed at me as she waited for an answer. I raised my injured hand up, pointing at the bandages. She stared at it for a few seconds and let out an exasperated sigh, waddling outside the row of seats.

"Get in before I change my mind and kick you out of it." She muttered, giving a slight push from behind. I happily got inside and sat on the seat, careful not to hit my injured hand somewhere since I didn't want to be yelled at again like before when we were getting our tickets.

I had accidently banged my hand against the counter and got an earful from Thea along with some insults like 'you-careless-dipshit'.

In short, it sucked.

Soon after half an hour, the plane had already taken off and we were allowed to remove our seat belts till it was the time to land. Quite a few of the passengers were already asleep, rest of them either watching something on the gadgets or reading a book.

Meanwhile my partner shifted in her seat uncomfortably, the reason being she had chugged down an entire bottle of water before getting on the plane even though I had warned her not to.

"Ah shit, I'll be right back." She announced, quickly unbuckling her seatbelt and got out, speed-walking towards the washroom. I chuckled to myself, shaking my head at her behaviour.

I was busy reading the magazine kept in front of me, when I felt something was a bit off. I fished out my phone from my pocket and checked the time, realising that it had been ten minutes since Thea had gone to the washroom.

I shrugged my shoulders, deciding that she might have got lost by going to the wrong side of the plane. Five more minutes passed away, making me anxious. I stood up from the seat and got out in the middle, making my way to the washroom.

"Thea?" I called out softly, wondering if it was her inside the locked washroom.

"Oh thank god— Sunghoon that's you, right?" I heard her speak from inside, her voice sounding as if she was heavily relieved after hearing my voice.

"Is anything wrong?" I asked her, slightly leaning towards the door.

"The door's stuck. I can't open it from inside."