31 | stuck

Thea's POV

I waited for a few more moments, when I heard Sunghoon speak up again.

"Are you alright?" He asked, his voice giving away that he was a bit worried.

"It feels too stuffy here. I don't feel good." I replied back, trying to slide open the goddamn door for the millionth time.

"I'll get you out, don't worry." He assured me. I nodded to myself as I continued to try open the door. Suddenly it finally opened, perhaps because both of us had tried to open it on the same time so the door gave away.

As soon as I stepped out, I was pulled into a warm hug. Slightly confused at his reaction, I wrapped my arms back around Sunghoon, softly patting his back.

"I'm alright, Sunghoon." I spoke softly, separating myself from him. He quickly let go of me, nodding slowly with his eyes fixed on the ground probably thinking something. I snapped my fingers in front of his face which luckily seemed to do the trick.

"Yeah? Oh right, you are fine— I'll go back to my seat." He said, turning around on his heels and walking back to his seat. I stared at him while he quickly walked to our row and got inside, sitting down on on his place. I felt something was not right, but eventually I shook off the feeling thinking that it was just normal.

Well, you literally can't expect what that man will do next. If he can suddenly shoot a person beside him, a hug wasn't really that significant compared to it.

Or else I would have made a run for my life after seeing the Park 'Dipshit' Sunghoon actually show even the slightest hint of affection.

"Why didn't you call the air hostess when you got stuck?" He asked as soon as I sat back on my seat. I scoffed at his question and looked at him with an expression which clearly said 'do-you-even-hear-what-you-are-saying'.

"What will I say? Call someone saying I'm stuck in the washroom? No thanks, I'll happily die there instead of calling a stranger." I said, shuddering at the thought of that embarrassing moment which would have probably scarred me for my entire life.

And it would have been like a literal gold mine for Sunghoon to use it against me for bullying purposes.

"You called me, though." He said, pointing at himself and giving me a smug smile.

"I didn't call you— you came by yourself." I argued back, pushing his shoulder lightly.

"Well, I was worried about you getting lost." He replied, shrugging his shoulders casually like it was no big deal. I glared at him, wondering whether I looked like a kid in his eyes.

"In an airplane?! Do I look like a toddler to you?" I retorted, pointing my thumb at myself. 

"Well, you act like one." He said, rolling his eyes at me and resuming to read the magazine which he was reading before. I cursed under my breath and grabbed his ear tightly, making him yelp in surprise and unsuccessfully try to free his ear from my grip.

"You were saying—?" I asked him again, raising my eyebrow.

"That you are a brat—" He said, finally managing to get his poor ear out of my tight grip.

"You piece of shit—" I cursed, about to strangle his scrawny neck when his hand stretched out, tickling me in the stomach. I burst out laughing and immediately covered my mouth since I didn't want to wake up any of the passengers around us.

"My revenge." He said, winking at me.

"I'm literally going to kill you after we get off this plane." I whispered, chuckles still pouring out of my mouth as I glared at him. He waved his hand dismissively at me, going back to reading that godforsaken magazine.

His slender fingers softly gripped the tip of the page, flipping it and revealing a new one for him to read. His eyes moved back and forth, reading the new page with his lips moving ever so slightly as he read the sentences in his mind.

"I know I look amazing but don't stare at me like that. It's distracting." He muttered under his breath without even looking up, taking me by surprise. I quickly smacked his shoulder, pretending to miss hitting something. He furrowed his eyebrows, his palm rubbing the area where I had smacked him.

"I saw an insect sitting on your shoulder." I said, casually leaning my head back on the chair like it was not a big deal while trying to calm down my racing heart after the narrow escape.

"Yeah, right. Nice joke, Thea. It was so funny that it killed the laughter out of me." He retorted, scoffing. I clicked my tongue in annoyance, resisting the urge to push him off the airplane.

It didn't seem like a bad idea, though.

Never mind— Heeseung wouldn't like seeing his friend being pushed off the airplane.

━━━━━(🍂)━━━━━

"Are we going to live on streets now?" Sunghoon asked while I fished out my phone from my handbag and switched it on. We were standing outside the airport wearing masks, staring out at the deserted roads with barely a few cars running on it.

The surrounding area was dimly illuminated by the street lights, making the objects near us just visible enough.

"Nope, we are going to my new house." I said, booking a cab to my new apartment which I had bought for myself after I had been transferred here.

"That's a very bad idea. We'll get tracked immediately." Sunghoon said, leaning forward to look into my phone.

"I forgot to submit the details of this apartment after buying, thanks to my absent-mindedness." I said, rolling my eyes at him and fell silent, knowing that he can figure out the rest using his pea brain which he was apparently very proud of.

"Oh— that means they have no idea about it belonging to you." He muttered, realisation dawning upon him. I hummed in response, nodding.

"Let's go before we get spotted by anyone."