- chapter 1 -

~ we'll meet again, don't know where, don't know when, but I know we'll meet again some sunny day...

(y/n)'s pov -

I'm driving fast. 110 mph, shift, 120, 130, 140, 150..160..170, shift, 180, 190, steady and rising, I'm focused. Watching as the highway runs with me, listening to the music blasting in my speakers, it happens. I'm blinded; I force my brake down. I feel as if I just got run over by a truck. But I'm still alive and driving, slower now, though. I look up, and I'm no longer on the familiar highway I know. I scan my surroundings and find myself in a forest, on a lonely two-lane road. Confused and slightly alarmed, I keep driving; looking to my right, I see a sign. I slam my brakes down, and my mouth drops open. Not believing what I'm seeing, I pull over and grab my phone. 8:08 am, I notice I have crappy service but service nonetheless. I go to my maps, zooming out of my location; I'm left in disbelief.

"What just happened? this couldn't have happened. How am I here? this isn't real." I slapped myself, but to no success; everything was the same.

"How the fuck am I in Gravity Falls?!!" still in disbelief, I get back on the road and keep driving. After 10 minutes, I see signs of life, buildings, and stores. Everything is the same; this is freaky. I look to my left and visit Greasy's Diner. I decided it would be best to get breakfast, get some food, and process what the fuck just happened. I walk in and see Lazy Susan. Almost like instinct, I move my hand to wave at her, but I double take; she doesn't know me, nor ever seen me before. I sit at a booth and wait for a waiter. In less than a minute, Lazy Susan herself comes up to my booth.

"Good morning, young lady; I haven't seen you around before. Are you new in town?"

"Good morning as well; yes, I am; I just arrived. "I reply.

"Well, I hope you have a nice time in town. Are you visiting or staying?" She asks.

"I- uh, I'm not sure yet," I stutter; she reminded me, what will I do? Where am I going to stay? I obviously can't just go back to my dimension? World? Reality? Fuck.
"Well, for now, what would you like this morning?"

"Oh! Can I just have some scrambled eggs, bacon, and toast, with uhh some black coffee, please?"

"Yes, of course, I'll get your order right away" she finishes writing your order down, smiles and leaves. I still cannot believe I'm here. Wait. If it's the current time here... Bill. BILL. He's here. I'm in his world; I can talk to him. I calm down and get my thoughts together. Ok, canonically, it's been 4 years since weirdmageddon, so Dipper and Mabel should be 18 and still in school in California. I don't have to worry about them right now; my best bet at a place to stay is in the mystery shack. I never saw anything about a motel or hotel, and I don't see one in town, so I could also work there until I get a little more money to rent a place. Maybe I will get to meet Stanley; he's about the only pines I can imagine getting along with.

"Here's your food and coffee!" Susan exclaims before placing them on my table; I thank her and watch her walk away. I get to eating, scarfing my food down, I have things to do. I finish my food and leave some cash and a tip. I wave when I hurry out of the entrance and to my car. I start it up and immediately start driving to where I hope is the direction of the broken-down shack. After a not-so-long drive, I arrived, and I stared in awe. I never thought I would see this in person in a million years or a million lifetimes, only in my dreams. I go into the store entrance and find Wendy at the cash register, surprised she still works here, I go up to her.

"Hey, I'm looking for a job. Are you hiring right now?" I ask. She jolts in surprise.

"Hey, I didn't mean to surprise you," I assure.

"It's all cool, dude, and hiring, oh yes, always, I gotta get my boss, you gotta talk to him first, but don't worry, he won't grill you. We're in heavy need of employees right now." she calms down and replies.

"Oh ok, bett, thank you!"

"Of course, I'll be right back," she runs off behind the 'employees only' door. I lean on the counter, looking around the store, all the fake attractions look weirder in real life than animated, but that's to be expected. Soon enough, she comes back with Stanley.

"Hey kid, heard ya needed a job? I'm Stan Pines, the owner of this lovely tourist trap."

"Hi, the name's (y/n) (l/n), but please, call me (n/n). I'm not a kid; I'm 21, and yes, a job. What's your pay?"

"I only pay minimum wage,"

"Mmm 15,"

"You're crazy, 7.50."

"Ok then, 13,"

"8, final offer,"

"10. My final offer,"

"Ok, kid, 10 dollars an hour it is then. When can you start?"

"Thank you, and I'd be able to start tomorrow, but I also have another question. I- uh, I just kinda got here, I don't have a place to stay, and I just need a little time to get some more money till I can rent a place. Would I be able to stay here for some time? I know I'm asking a lot of you, especially since I just met you."

"I'll have to ask my brother, but it's fine with me; I know how that can be, been there n' done that."

"Thank you so much; I owe you. If you ever need anything, let me know."

"Of course, no problem. Let wendy show you the rest of the store, and I'll go double-check with my brother."

After being shown around and introduced to Ford and Soos, I was directed to the attic where I'd temporarily be staying. I sit at the window and stare at the forest. Knowing what I must do, I grab my duffel bag and check my phone. It's 11 am, plenty of time. I hop down the stairs, being met with Ford in the kitchen preparing himself some lunch.

"Hey Ford, I'm going to go out in the town. I'll be back sometime tonight, no later than midnight."

"Ok (y/n), be careful, and make sure not to go too deep into the forest, especially at night!" he replies as I head to the door.

"Alright, thanks again," I say as I open the door and head out. Deciding against taking my car, I simply walk into the woods. I have one goal in mind: to find Bill fucking Cipher.