- chapter 24 -

bill's pov -

Soon after she starts gobbling down food, I join her, and delight spreads upon my face immediately.

"Damn, this is delicious," I say with a full mouth. She giggles and turns to look at me, also with a full mouth of food. She swallows and bursts into laughter. It was quite adorable.

We both finish our food, stomachs full and very much happy. I snap away the leftovers, sending the meals that pique her interest to the kitchen to be attended to. She snaps a napkin into her hand and wipes her face of any crumbs. I look at her and sigh. I know this is going to be stressful on her body, but it is what must be done to fulfill her wishes.

"I can tell something is up. What is it?" She inquires.

"Look at your hair. The more you use magic, the more your mortal body is put under stress. As I explained when I first taught you, magic comes from energy. Usually, for mortals, energy is used to live, to do the things you guys do. When your energy runs out, you die of old age, your soul no longer having the energy to make your body work, to make new cells n' such, the physical body dies. You said you wanted to be immortal, a 'god,' as you put it. For that to happen, you have to give up your mortality, all your energy, and everything that has been powering your magic till now. You give yourself up to the world. You give your energy to the life around you. Allowing the energy around to power you. That's why I've fought so hard to get here, the third dimension. A dimension full of energy flowing through everything, the plants, the air, the animals, the earth you live on as a whole, everything." She looks down and observes the small streaks of white interlaced within her hair and slightly gasps, running her hands through said strands.

"I'm surprised I didn't notice sooner. So what are we going to do? What's on the docket? I'm up for anything," She looks at me with suspense; it's adorable.

"Well, I have to turn you into a demon like me. You will no longer require food, water, or sleep. You will keep the human body you have now, don't worry, you aren't about to be turned into a triangle or something." She chuckles but nods along. I look into her eyes with sorrow.

"But, this will hurt. I mean, hurt, you are going to feel like you are dying, sorta because you kinda are, and I don't want to hurt you. I almost don't know if I can." I look down at my hands, thinking of what I'd put her through. I really don't know if I can. It's going to be torturous. Snapping hastily out of my thoughts, she grabs my hands and squeezes them.

"Look me in my eyes, Bill Cipher." She demands, and I comply, tilting my head to meet her gaze. Her eyes are so mesmerizing.

"I promise you, whatever pain may befall me, it will not compare to the happiness you will give me for as long as we are together. In doing this, you don't have to lose me, ever. You don't have to be weary of my mortality or whether I'm okay, I want to die so we can live." Her eyes become glossy, and a single tear falls from her waterline. I release a hand from her grip and wipe the tear falling down her cheek, stopping it in its tracks. Bringing my hand behind her head, I pull her in for a kiss. A long kiss at that. Her lips fit perfectly with mine. She wraps her arms around my neck and entangles a hand in my hair. I wrap my other hand around her waist and give her a nudge.

y/n's pov -

Feeling a nudge on my back, I reluctantly released my lips from his. Sitting on his lap, I can't help but pull myself closer to his body. He smirks and pulls me in for another kiss. Even with the swiftness of his actions, the kiss was gentle, as if he was scared to break me. I chuckle into the kiss and deepen the kiss. Licking his lip, I assume he knows what I'm asking for. He complies, and the kiss becomes hot. Tongues battling for control, I let him win, and he gets what he wants, exploring as he does. We part for air, and I look into his eyes; they're glossy and lidded. He looks down, and I know he's still scared to hurt me. I take his head and rest it on my shoulder. I run my hand through his hair, comforting him as best as possible.

"Baby, I assure you, please don't fret over what pain will come. As I said, it will not compare to the happiness I will have when it is over. I will be okay." I reassure him he shouldn't feel this worry.

"Read my mind and find out just how sure I am. Feel what I feel." He does exactly that, reading my mind, searching endlessly for doubt in my mind that he wasn't going to find simply because it did not exist. There is nothing more I want right now.

"Nothing can sway me from choosing to do this. I want this so bad, Bill. Please give me what I can't give myself." He lifts himself from my shoulder and looks at me. The sorrow once on his face is gone, and I smile. Gaining his composure, he shakes his head aggressively, as if he is shaking every worry he has out of his mind.

"Okay, my love, but you are being spoiled rotten after this to compensate for any pain you may feel. You sit, stay, and look pretty while I get and set up the needed necessities." I nod curtly, doing precisely what he said as he gets up and starts snapping things into existence. Floating down to the throne room floor, a circle with intricate patterns appeared drawn on the ground. He moves the candles he snapped into the air to different points of the ring. Soon after, each candle lights itself with a powerful blue flame. He looks at me and motions for me to follow. I did just that; floating down to him, he pointed to the middle of the circle. Assuming that is where I'm needed, I sit in the middle of the mystic circle. I look at Bill, and he mouths a small 'sorry' my way. I tilt my head in confusion, but I see him snap again, and chains appear around my hands and ankles. Chained to the floor, I start to get a little weary, but I push my anxieties to the side, knowing this is what is needed for my wish to be granted. I turn my head to look at my lover. I smile, giving him a mental cue to continue his actions.

"I love you, y/n, stay strong, and please don't die on me." Hearing his words, I smile but soon start to feel hot, noticing the patterns drawn beneath me turn a glowing bright white. I feel like I'm burning in a sauna, the temperature growing and growing. I feel like I'm being stretched at every angle, my vision starts fading, and things start to become blurry. I can feel my arms and legs pulling against the chains. I think I'm floating. I strained to keep my eyes open to see what was happening, but the light from under me was far too blinding. All I could hear was loud chanting from Bill's voice, saying incoherent words I could not make out the meaning of. The pulling at my limbs became much more powerful, and the heat I felt got ten times worse. I can't help but scream in agony.

Squeezing my eyes shut, I try to ignore the pain. It felt like every nerve I had was being burnt at the ends. Every cell in my body felt like it exploded and then remade itself. All I could feel was this excruciating pain for the next few minutes until I felt nothing. Everything is gone. I open my eyes, and I see clouds, beautiful colorful clouds. Clouds painted with pastels, that is until I scream again, why? I'm not entirely sure; I feel like I'm being pulled, hard and fast, and then nothing again. I think I'm blacking out, darkness consuming my vision. I stop fighting and let it consume me entirely.