- chapter 23 -

I get out of my thoughts when I see my love pop back into existence. She starts skipping in my direction with the biggest smile on her face.

"BILL!! BILL!! Guess what!! I didn't expect it to work, but it did. It was right where I remembered it to be!" She floats up to me and jumps on my lap. Wrapping my arms around her and staring into her eyes, I respond in confusion,

"Whatever do you mean?" She suddenly lowers her voice to a whisper and puts her face to mine,

"I got drugs," a smug smile quickly appears on her lips, and I tilt my head.

"Specifically, weed, we are gonna get high as fuck, baby."

"Ohh, I see. I should have guessed. Show me the ropes," I smirk. She looks so cute, all passionate n' shit.

"Alright, watch this!" She sits up straight, and I loosen my grip to allow whatever is about to happen. She proceeds to concentrate, focusing on herself and her power, sparks start to form in the space between her hands, and soon enough, a glowing, weirdly shaped object pops into the air. She hands me the thing abruptly,

"Hold," She says quickly. I quickly inspect the foreign object. It glows in the light of the throne room, and inside are small mushrooms. It was kinda adorable. Focusing again, she goes to create another object, I assume. This takes a shorter time, and a smaller entity comes into existence. She snaps her fingers, and in front of us floats a large container of what I assume is weed. She opens it with the smaller object previously created in her hand. Putting the weed in the object, she proceeds to twist and turn this object in her hands. Not too long after, she puts it on her leg and snaps her head towards me.

"Give," she demands, and I swiftly do precisely that. Floating the object to her, she takes control and fills it with a bit of water. Keeping it floating, she opens the smaller object and proceeds to pack some of the weed into the part of the weird object containing water.

"Alright, all done! So, this is a bong," pointing to the object with water in it. I nod along.

"This is a grinder; it crushes buds of weed to make it easier to pack into bowls, which are these thingies," she points to the small object connected to the bong.

"Weed can also be made into joints and blunts, which we will smoke soon." She smirks, and her eyes sparkle. I can't help but obsess over her as she speaks. She then snaps her fingers, and a lighter appears in her hand. She then brings the bong to her lips and lights the bowl, smoke appears throughout the bong, and after a long inhale, she lifts the bowl from the bong and continues to inhale. She lifts her head up and looks me in the eyes, blowing the smoke out and into the air.

"God, that was attractive." I compliment thoughtlessly. She blushes but shakes her head.

"Your hit." She smirks. I take the bong and copy her actions. Inhaling the smoke created, it burns in my throat, but I finish and let the smoke release from my lungs.

"Take another," she insists, snapping her fingers the bowl refills itself with weed. I do just that, this time taking a bigger hit than before. She smiles, and I hand the bong back to her.

"Let me know how you feel, but now we're going to smoke some joints!" She snaps her fingers again, and a cone-shaped object appears in her hand. I love seeing her use her magic. It's absolutely hypnotizing. Not to mention her magic; it's heavenly.

(y/n)'s pov -

"Let me know how you feel, but now we're going to smoke some joints!" I announce quickly and snap the pre-roll into my hands. He looked so entranced I couldn't help but peek into his thoughts.

'I love seeing her use her magic. It's absolutely hypnotizing. Not to mention her magic; it's heavenly.'

He smirks and raises an eyebrow. Maybe I shouldn't have looked. I wasn't ready for such wholesomeness. Shaking my head, I light a small fire with my pinky finger and light the joint, taking a minor hit.

"What? Are you embarrassed about my sweet thoughts?" He teases.

"No, I'm not embarrassed. It's just quite a contradiction to your oh-so-intimidating reputation." I try my best to keep my composure. Inhaling yet another hit, before I let him respond, I wrap my hand in his hair and kiss him, passing the hit to him as I do so, releasing quickly. He exhales and smirks. I snap my fingers, and the speakers around the throne room start to play a rhythm.

( running up that hill - kate bush, sped up. )

"Now! Watch this!" Wanting to show him a few tricks, I start with a simple ghost; exhaling the hit, I blow a few O's. He watches in astonishment. Feeling inspired to try it himself, he takes the joint from me. Copying my actions to a T, he successfully does a ghost.

"That was pretty clean, not to mention hot." I compliment.

"Well, thank you, you gave a great example." He returns the compliment, and I smile. I attempt to do a jellyfish, succeeding as I do. He awes at my control, thanking the air for being still.

We continue to smoke the joint, taking hits and making the US army the butt-end of our jokes for the evening.

"It is insurmountable the amount of money the US spends on their military; just to be beaten by a single spell. Granted, that was an ass-kicking attack, and it looked cool as hell." I point out. He smiles triumphantly, taking pride in how easy that was.

bill's pov -

"It's not like we really gave them a chance to attack anyways." I chuckle.

"You bring up a great point." I put a finger to my chin and ponder for a second. She tilts her head in confusion at my actions. Snapping hastily, plates upon plates topped to the brim with food appear in the air adjacent to us. Serving a buffet of different cuisines from around the world.

"Before we go and have even more delectable fun, you should eat some of this delectable food. You need your strength." Her eyes glisten with glee, and I smile seeing her so pleased. She turns to the food digging in as soon as she sees the garlic bread. Observing her, my smile of joy turns to one of concern, spotting multiple thin strands of white hair. Fuck. Her body is way too stressed. She can't use her magic, not yet, at least. I have to turn her into a demon. I hope she's ready. I'll talk to her once she finishes eating. I can't let her body go through more stress than it already has.