- chapter 30 -

Once we returned home, the hell of being pregnant had started. Morning sickness, mood swings, the world's weirdest cravings, the list could go on and on. However, Bill was there for me the whole time. He did his best; he knew there were some things he couldn't fix with the snap of his fingers. Even though my stomach is bigger than a pumpkin, it's hard for me to believe I'm pregnant. The shock has not worn off at all.

Nevertheless, I sit at the top of the fearamid, reading a book about parenting. How corny, I laugh at myself. I hear bill bringing up the peppermint tea I asked him to get, and I spring up. I fly to him and grab the tea from his hands.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you." I give him a quick kiss and fly back to the couch. I probably would be dead if I couldn't float and fly places.

"Of course. Is there anything else I can get you, my love?" He asks, and I shake my head.

"No, I believe I'm set. There is one thing you can do for me, though...."

"And what might that be?" He smiles and floats towards me.

"Be my personal pillow!" I grab his arm and slam his body onto the couch. He lets out a 'humph' sound as he lands. I snuggle up to him and rest my head on his chest. He chuckles at my foolish antics, but I can't help but bask in the happiness I have been given. Bill wraps his arms around me and starts drawing small circles on my plump stomach. He kisses my head and whispers, 'I love you.' I return the gesture, and we relax in our created peace. I didn't think I was sleepy until I started drifting off to the sound of the record player emitting a whimsical tune from the 1940s.

13 years later -

"HEY! KARMA! Stop flying so fast! You won't be able to stop, and you'll slam into something!" I scream.

"CATCH ME IF YOU CAN!!" I hear my son yell in response.

"Karma! Listen to your mother." Bill chimes in, and I can't stop myself from giggling just a tad bit. Finally catching up to him, I yank him back by the hoodie adorning his tiny body, and with a wave of my hand, he spins, facing me.

"You heard your father. Now listen, we let you use your powers because we trust you. However, just because we allow it doesn't mean you get to disregard your safety because your father and I can heal you. If you hurt yourself because of overusing your powers, we won't heal you, and you will have to learn the hard way not to do so. Do you understand me?" He hangs his head and sighs.

"Yes, mums, even though it is a lot of fun, I can't get careless." I put my hand under his chin and tilt it up to look at me.

"Thank you for understanding. You can continue having fun; I just don't want you to get hurt. I love you; you know that." I ruffle his hair and bring him in for a hug.

"I love you too, mum." I smile and bend my knees, getting to his small height and bringing my voice to a whisper.

"What I will allow you to use your powers for is pranking your father. He's in his study, so see if you can scare him. If you succeed, I'll let you choose where we teleport the fearamid next. And I'll cook you your all-time favorite meal. Does that sound like a deal?" I giggle ever-so-slightly as I see a sly smirk that looks just like his father's morph onto his face. I put my hand out, and it lit up with a white flame. He returns the handshake with his almost lavender-colored flame, and we snicker. I shoo him off,

"Go, Go! I wish you luck." I smirk and return to my normal height. I admire my son as he runs off to his father.

I sigh in contentment and start walking toward the throne room. I couldn't have asked for a life more promising than this. I have a husband who would burn the world for his family and a son with endless potential. I smile; even now, when my son is about to turn 13, I can't believe I'm a mother. My entire life these past years has been surreal. I couldn't have crafted a life better than this one. I can't imagine it getting better than this. I fly to the throne, sitting atop it, admiring the sky through what is basically a hole in our house. I snap my fingers, and a glass of champagne appears in my hand.

Although, now that I think about it, I wonder what happened in my old universe after I disappeared. I laugh; they probably think I'm dead. I vanished without a trace, so I wouldn't blame them. I want to miss my old family and friends, but my family here is more important. The family I have built here is all I need.