- chapter 27 -

time: the end of chapter 25 -

After getting out of the bath, Bill tucks me in.

"God, that bath almost put me out." I sigh and turn over as Bill slides into bed next to me.

"You could have fallen asleep. I would have been more than happy to carry my precious girlfriend to bed." I giggle.

"Well, good to know for future reference." He smiles his ass off and wraps his arms around me. I gladly accept the love and affection and cuddle into his chest. The warmth brought by his embrace lulls me to sleep.

At least, I thought I had gone to sleep. I open my eyes and see a familiar scene. Pastel clouds and a never-ending sunset to be seen for miles. I look at myself and see I'm now dressed in an angelic dress with slits on the side and a transparent top. I shrug; I mean, I don't look bad.

"(y/n) (l/n)."

"Oh my gosh!" I scream and look behind me.
"OH MY GOD! YOU ARE HUGE." I scream again, wow. Is that an axolotl? Wait, is that the same one from that book Alex confirmed was canon, no way. Wow.

"Yes, I am who you believe me to be."

"Wait, how do you know my name? Actually, don't answer that. It's a stupid question. The question I should be asking is why am I here?"

"You are here because I need you to be (y/n) (l/n)."

"Andddd, why is that?"

"I am growing weak. My time is soon to be up. I have done all that needed to be done. My work is almost completed. All that's left is for the mantle to be passed on."

"Wait, wait, what do you mean? You're weak? You've done what needed to be done? What is going on? And do not answer me with a riddle." I look at him with a stern face. I thought this guy was immortal, wasn't he?

"Well, my child. I, in a way, am immortal. However, young one, I am growing weak because my successors are growing stronger. Every day, they grow more and more powerful, and that, my dear (y/n), is because of you."

"My apologies for repeating myself, but what do you mean by that? And what do you mean it's because of me?"

"William Cipher, Bill Cipher as most know him, is my successor. But not just him; you, my dear, are the ignitor. The spark to his fire, and him to yours. You both would not be who you are without each other." He spoke, and my eyes widened. I was right. He wasn't born to be a demon. Apparently, I wasn't born to be human, either.

"I realize I have made mistakes, and so did my teacher and the one before him. Nevertheless, I had spent my entire existence trying to figure out what would solve the puzzle, my past teachers, before me, and I all failed to put together. That this position, which you call truly all-powerful, needed not to be handed down to one, but two. Two who were truly in love. I watched and watched my prophesied successor do terrible things. As he became more powerful, I was worried that when it came time for him to take my position, he would use it for evil. But then, I saw you. In a whole other world, a soul so bright I had to squint. I saw your past, I saw your present, and I saw your future. A future that was undecided but had so much potential. You just had to be given a push down the right path."

"Wait, if I am correct, you are indeed the one who brought me here, and Bill and I are meant to take your place?"

"Yes, my dear, and the time will soon come for that to happen. However, first, you need to give birth to your child."

"AYYO! What do you mean? I can't be pregnant. HOW?!"

"I think you can figure it out." I look down at my stomach and remember before I went to bed. Ohhhh shit. We didn't use a condom, and I definitely haven't been taking my birth control. Well, shit, I guess I am pregnant. OH MY GOSH, I'M FUCKING PREGNANT. I mean, going to be? I mean, getting pregnant. Oh my god, there's going to be a baby. In. My. Stomach. Developing. For 9 months. Wow.

"Okay, well, thank you for the early news. But what does our child have to do with anything?"

"Your child will teach William the true lesson of unconditional love. I cannot spoil the troubles you two will face while you are carrying child. But the near future will teach both of you the last few lessons to be learned. I wish you all luck and congratulations. Fear not; you will see me again. However, you are waking up. Do not tell Bill of this meeting. See you soon, my child of light."