- chapter 17 -

bill's pov -

Opening my eye, I remember I had fallen asleep the previous night with (y/n) in my arms. Smiling to myself, I turn to look at her. Using my arm as a pillow, she breathes lightly. Even in slumber, she looks like a goddess. I kiss her forehead and play with her incredibly long hair. In response, her eyes start fluttering open. Looking up at me, she smiles and yawns, covering her face with the blanket as she does so. I chuckle and continue playing with her hair.

"The rip is in the basement, the caves, where Ford first learned about you. They check to make sure it's still there once every month. We have to go today when Ford and Dipper do whatever they do. Stan will be giving tours in the museum, and I already asked Wendy to step in for us when we're gone or make up an excuse. We shouldn't be gone too long anyways." She says, catching me extremely off-guard.

"Are you serious?! It's been under our noses the entire time!" I question, huffing out my frustration.

"Yeah, I couldn't believe it either; it is a good hiding spot. I was just scared they dropped it in the middle of the ocean or something." She replied, relieved. Gaining another chuckle from me, I nod along.

"I agree. I'll have to tie up a few loose ends tonight, including killing Robbie, but otherwise, are you ready to become a true queen?" I ask, teasing her. She stutters and fumbles over her words. I find it so precious.

"I- Yes, of course, but don't forget, when we break the rip, you have to promise me you'll teleport Mabel here. I feel bad for the twins." Looking into my eye, I see she is quite serious.

"I promise, my dear." She lifts up her hand, holding out her pinky.

"Pinky promise me." She demands. I shrug my shoulders and tilt my head, unsure what she wants me to do. She face palms and looks at me deadpan.

"Wrap your pinky around mine; when someone pinky promises, if they break that promise, the other gets to cut off their pinky, just like a deal, but better!" She explains. I nod in understanding and connect my pinky with hers.

"I pinky promise," I say. She giggles and laughs.

"I'm so hungryyyyy. Let's go make breakfast!" She stretches before hopping off the bed and dragging me downstairs. She snaps on her outfit for the day consisting of a simple white skirt, white thigh-highs, and an oversized beige hoodie. I do the same, snapping myself an ensemble composed of simple grey ripped jeans and a black hoodie. Skipping, almost falling, down the stairs, she drags me to the kitchen, leaving me to my own devices as she digs through the fridge and cabinets. I sit on the counter and watch her as she makes pancakes. At least, that's what I think she's making.

'I could listen to some music right about now. I hate silence.' She thinks. In record time, I look around, assuring no one could see, as I snap a speaker in my hand along with her phone.

"Psst, Psst." I try to get her attention, and her head turns in my direction. Tilting her head, she looks me up and down. Her eyebrows perked up at the sight of the devices in my hand. She runs to me and kisses my cheek, taking the machines out of my hand and starting up some music. She puts the speaker on the dining table, and soon old tunes I recognized from the 1940s start seeping into the air. She starts singing along as she mixes the batter.

"I don't want to set the world on fire. I just want to start a flame in your heart."

"In my heart, I have but one desire, and the one is you. No other will do." She sets down the supplies and sways around. Dancing smoothly to the music.

"I've lost all ambition for worldly acclaim. I just want to be the one you love, and with your admission, that you'd feel the same. I'll have reached the goal I'm dreaming of, believe me.." She also has the vocal cords of a goddess. I can't help but join in. I hop off the counter and reach my hand out as if to ask her to dance with me. She accepts, and we start to playfully waltz.

"I don't want to set the world on fire; I just want to start a flame in your heart." We sing together, perfectly in tune. We continue dancing around the kitchen, giggling and chuckling.

"I don't want to set the world on fire, honey. I love you too much. I just want to start a great big flame down in your heart. You see, way down inside me, Darling, I have only one desire. And that one desire is you, and I know, nobody else ain't gonna do." Staring into her eyes as the spoken verse of the song comes up. I repeat every word effortlessly, meaning every word that comes out of my mouth. Her lips parted in surprise, and her eyes widened from hearing the sincerity in my voice. I smirk and continue singing the song, now passionately belting out the lyrics. Swinging her around, giving her a taste of what life will be like with me.

"I've lost all ambition for worldly acclaim! I just wanna be the one you love! And with your admission, that you'd feel the same. I'll have reached the goal I'm dreaming of, believe me!" Now regaining her composure, she joins in for the last verse.

"I don't want to set the world on fire, I just want to start a flame in your heart!" We finish singing, and the song comes to a close as I dip her. Holding her cheek with my hand, I lean down to kiss her. Not being able to hold back anymore. She graciously accepts, closing her eyes as our lips connect. Kissing her with just as much passion. We share this kiss for a few more seconds. Hearing the rustling of footsteps, we part and release each other hastily. I lean on the counter, and she continues mixing the pancake batter. Sparing a glance and chuckling quietly, we soon look to the kitchen entrance and see Pinetree. He gives us a wave and perks up at the sight of (y/n) cooking. He scurries over to her.

"What are you making?" He inquires, resting his head on her shoulder, admiring as she worked. I clench my fists, not enjoying Pinetree in her personal space.

"Just some chocolate chip pancakes, and I got a lot of batter, so expect a lot!" She replies excitedly, clearly confident in her cooking. He turns her around, and I swear I could've broken our cover right then and there if he had touched her anymore. He proceeds to get down on his knees in a praying position, and I stifle a chuckle.

"Please make Ford and me some lunch we can eat while we're out today!" He pleads. No longer being able to hold it back, I chuckle, and (y/n) starts giggling herself.

"Get up, Dipper. You didn't have to beg; you could've just asked. I'll be happy too. Sandwiches and a few sides sound good?" She says. Oh, why is she so considerate? He nods and hugs her.

"Thank you! You're awesome. We'll be leaving around 11." He releases her and starts running back to the office. She giggles, and I fume. She turns to look at me and laughs even harder. She walks to me and fluffs my hair with her hands, leaning in to whisper in my ear.

"Why are you even jealous? I'm your queen, after all." She then turns around on her heel and continues cooking up the pancakes. I shake my head. Damn, she got me with my own trick.

(ps. definitely making Bill grow his hair out for the second book^^)