- chapter 16 -

Now, I lay upon Bill's lap. He sips his tea and looks down at me.

"Why are you so nervous, love?" He asks.

"I honestly couldn't be able to tell you. I'm not really sure myself." I respond, snuggling more into the blanket that rests upon me. He pats my head and plays with my hair, slightly confused but comforted by his sweet actions.

"Well, don't be; everything will go accordingly, just like you said to me." He assures.

"Thank you, you're right. I shouldn't worry as much." Letting all my walls down and succumbing to all the pain I've ever endured in life, I let myself go. Feeling myself slip from my physical form, I open my eyes. Seeing Bill look at me, he smiles and gives me a thumbs up.

"I'll take care of your physical body while you're gone. Good luck, my dear." He says. I smile in response and float down, phasing through the floor. I drift into Stan's room. Seeing him passed out cold on his small bed.

"I got this. We've been practicing for weeks." Touching my finger to Stan's head, I let myself be pulled into his head. My vision becomes white until I'm met with the black and white Mystery shack I saw in Dreamscaperers. Entering the shack, I float around the house, heading straight to the dark hall labeled "secrets." I light my finger with fire for some light, as it's literally pitch black. Opening each door, I either see something embarrassing, regretful, or just weird, not that I judge. Heading farther into the hall, the worse the secrets get.

"He must be taking these to the grave, wow." Moving onto the next door, I open it, and it reveals precisely what I'm looking for. Stepping into it, the memory starts. Showing Stan and Ford walking to the elevator with the rift and a flashlight. Hitting the button for the lowest level, they head down. Arriving, it opens into the caves where Ford first learned about Bill. Stan flicks on the flashlight, and they start walking through the caves. A lengthy walk finally led to a small opening, almost representing an igloo. Its walls are adorned with ripped-up tapestries of Bill, candle stands, and pieces of old paper. On the floor was another Bill rug, with a chest to the right and books scattered everywhere else, including a few pillows. They place the rift inside the chest, and Stan sighs.

"Are you sure this is a good place to hide it?" Stan worries.

"I assure you, no one comes down here, let alone probably know about it. It'll be fine. We can come down here and check monthly." Ford assures Stan, putting a hand on his shoulder. He nods,

"Then let's start heading back," Stanley says and starts walking back to the elevator, Ford quickly catching up to him. Now satisfied, I leave immediately, not wanting to invade Stan's personal space and privacy any more than I already have. Feeling a little dizzy as I float up to the attic. I peek into the room to see I still lay on his lap as he reads a book and sips the tea we made earlier. I zoom to my body, feeling even dizzier than before. I'm still happy we're one step closer. Opening and rubbing my eyes, I look up to Bill, who's already looking back at me. I smile and give him a thumbs up.

"I did it!" I say. He smiles graciously, puts his tea and book away, and grabs my chin. Looking into my eyes, he kisses my lips. I close mine as he does his. We didn't part our lips till we were out of breath.

"I'm proud of you (y/n); you did a great job." He pats my head. The unexpected praise makes me blush.

"Thank you! But first, I got a few conditions." I say as I sit up. He tilts his head.

"What do you mean?" He questions, voice no longer filled with sweetness.

"Oh, calm down, let me explain. No madness bubbles, no excessive torture unless it's under my command, we're keeping the demons and creatures that come through under watch, I don't want any useless massacres, unless it is under our hand, of course. But, overall, this will be a new weirdmageddon, one held under not your control but ours. Is that a reasonable request from your queen?" Staring him into the eyes, I await a response. He rubs his chin, thinking about it for a second.

"That's completely fair! I thought I went a little overboard the last time. I had a lot of time to reflect on what went wrong in the last 5 years. With what you have taught me so far, I learned I was too prideful and cocky and underestimated people with will's stronger than mine. This time, like you said, it will be our weirdmageddon, ruled by you and me." He responds, honestly surprised his response was so sincere.

"Thank you, Bill. Sincerely, thank you for understanding." He nods.

"Of course, sweetheart. Although I'm beat, and this body is demanding sleep. I'm too tired to move to my bed sooooo.." He snatches me up, pulling me to him, now spooning me. He nuzzles his face into the crook of my neck.

"Plus, I want to try this thing called cuddling with you." He mumbles. I start to giggle my ass off, but before I can begin laughing, I screech. Feeling a pair of fangs bite down on my skin.

"MM! B-BIll! What are you doing?!" He releases his clutch on my skin and whispers in my ear.

"I just needed to shut you up. I want to sleep." He teases. I shiver and try to scoot away from him, but he pulls me back nonetheless. Giving up on getting away, I turn over. Seeing a slight playful smile on his lips. He looks exquisite when he sleeps. I snuggle into his chest, accepting the affection he seems to be giving. No matter what the case, I'm gracious for it.