- chapter 4 -

Walking into the shack, I notice a customer or two browsing around. Wendy took quick notice of us as we walked through the door, eyebrows perking up as we entered.

"(Y/n), who is this?? And why's he so hot!" She whispered the last part to me as if we were already best friends, and if I was stuck here, I wouldn't mind.

"Well, Wendy, I kinda got a complication. This is my best friend, Noah Walton. We've been friends for decades, and apparently, he missed me so much back in Texas; he followed me all the way here to small-town gravity falls to move in with me. Not even considering asking me if I had a place yet. " I answered.

"Wow, y'all must be some friends, so I'm guessing the complication is Noah here doesn't have a place to stay, and you want to ask the ol' grunkles if he can stay with y'all?" She assumed.

"Yes, exactly," I nod at a quick pace with a hopeful face.

"I'm sure the grunkles won't mind; just talk to Ford. Stanley is doing a tour right now."

"Thank you so much!" I tell her and grab Bill's arm, pulling him away from whatever he was looking at and dragging him to the 'employees only' door. Walking through the kitchen and into the living room, we both stop and see the vending machine open and Ford walking out. I gasped, surprised as if I didn't know it was already there. Bill's eyes also widened; he looked at me and then back at Ford. We all stand looking at each other for a good awkward minute.

"Ahem, *coughs* uhh sorry you guys, um uhh I really don't know how to explain uh-"

"It's okay; we can talk about it later. We all have secrets, Fordsy, I understand. But I'm here to ask you about something." I interject, saving him from, well, that.

"Thank you for being so understanding (y/n), but yes, uh, ask away," He says as he scratches the back of his neck.

"So, something very unexpected happened; this is my best friend, Noah Walton. We've been friends for decades, and I was wondering if he could stay with me for a few days. His family is loaded, so he has like inheritance money, you know, so we'll be able to get a place to stay soon, but for now, can Noah stay here? He'll work with no pay." I added the last bit just in case he didn't say yes out of the pure kindness of his soul. He looks at Noah, examining him. He sighs and nods his head.

"YES YESYES !! Thank you so much!" I jump up and down, almost hugging Ford, but we're not that close, and I don't know if I'll ever forgive him for tricking and imprisoning Bill. But besides that, I smile a huge smile and thank Ford again.

"Thank you, I am guessing Ford, for letting me stay at your home, store, shack." Bill almost stutters, acting completely different from his usual bashful, confident self.

"Of course."

"So Ford! I'd love to get to know you and Stan more; when dinner comes around, I'll make some food for everyone, and we'll talk some." I suggest trying to be courteous.

"That would be delightful, thank you, I'll let Stan know as soon as he gets off work. How about you guys help out in the shop until you gotta start making dinner." We nod in return and quickly walk back to the shop, getting to work restocking shelves, cleaning, and such.

'Have fun getting a taste of human labor Bill' I say to him in my head. He shakes his head and sighs in defeat.

'You are a one in a billion bitch' I laugh out loud at hearing such a sentence; quickly realizing I look like a psycho, I compose myself.