~accidents~ chapter 4

Kingston's POV

"No, no baby. It's ok, daddy's not mad. You're ok, hun." I attempted to sooth a crying Asher that was wrapped in my arms. After realizing what he'd done Ash broke down crying and was letting out apology after apology. As Oliver witnessed the heartbreaking sight in front of him he went into the bathroom and started filling the tub with warm water so we could get our baby out his now wet clothes.

"I's sowwy daddy. 'idn't mean t-o. Ashie 'idn't mean to." Asher said while his body shook from the power of his sobs.

"It was an accident, darling. You're just a pup, you can't control those things. It was daddy's fault, I should've thought through it more." As his crying continued I tried my best to calm him down. I started bouncing him gently and I ran my hand through his hair as I walked around the room. After five minutes his crying came to a stop and he was only letting out soft sniffles every now and then.

"Ready to go take a bath, baby?" I asked, walking slowly to the connected bathroom.

"Mmmm wet, dada. I get see mumma now, p'ease?" Right after he asked he let out a large yawn.

"Of course we'll go see mummy." I replied, giving his tummy a little tickle as I entered the bathroom.

"I see we've got a happy baby now, hmm?" Oliver smiled up at us as he saw a giggling Asher.

"Mummy, Ashie weady take baf now." Goddess my baby boy was the most adorable pup ever.

"I think your daddy should take a bath with you. What do you think baby, want to take a bath with daddy?" Asher's whole face lit up at Oliver's suggestion and he started clapping his hands while he bounced up and down with excitement.

"That's a great idea, love. Can you get him undressed and I'll do the same here?" I said, gesturing towards my body. Oliver took Asher from my arms and I started getting undressed. I was taking my pants off when I heard a loud gasp coming from Oliver. As I turned around to see what was going on I was met with a naked Asher covered in scars. They were ranging from cigarette burns all the way to whip and belt marks. Oliver looked close to tears while my poor baby boy was looking up at him cluelessly. I quickly moved myself to Oliver's side and pulled him close to me.

"It's ok, babe. He's ok now. We won't let anything happen to Asher when he's with us. But we have to be strong, ok? We need to keep him happy." I whispered in his ear, not wanting Asher to know what was going on.

"Yeah, ok."

"Hey, how about you go pick out some bubbles for him?" Oliver nodded through hooded eyes and gave me a quick kiss on the cheek before getting up to search for bubbles. I looked back down at Asher to find the knuckles on one of his hands being suckled into his mouth and his little legs kicking slightly. I tried to hide the sadness of the situation with a big smile directed towards him and said, "You ready for your bath, baby?" He smiled back at me and giggled around his fist. His headspace seemed to have slipped younger so when I picked him up I made sure to support his head and neck. Oliver was kneeling next to the tub as I approached and gently lowered myself into the warm water filled with bubbles.

"Why don't you hold him still while I wash his body and while I do his hair you can wash yourself." Ollie said it with a smile but I could tell he was also covering his emotions.

"Great idea, love." I told him with a reassuring look on my face.
The bath was filled with light hearted giggles, lots of bubbles, and a very tired baby being cradled in my lap. When we were both washed up Oliver bent down and wrapped Asher in a big, soft towel.

"Now, I think it's time for a certain baby boy to get his bottle and go to bed." Ollie said as he finished swaddling Ash up. The only reply he received was yet another yawn coming from our lovely boy.

"I take it, he agrees."

-

a/n - hey guys! Thank you all for reading this chapter! Don't forget to vote, follow, and leave a comment letting me know what you think :)