~adorable~ chapter 29

Oliver's POV

"Good morning, my love." I feel Kingston's warm hand brush over my cheek and move some hair off of my forehead as I slowly open my heavy eyes.

"Morning, baby." I say as I move over on the bed and cuddle close to his chest.

"Don't get too comfortable. Sarah's coming over for a playdate today, remember?" I groan and lift my head up to look him in the eyes, an extremely annoyed expression making it's way to my face.

"Can't we just have one day alone?" The only response I get is a low chuckle rumbling through King's body and a kiss to my pouting lips.

"Don't give me that look. You know it'll go by quick and on the plus side Asher will be making a new friend." He said sternly.

"Yeah, yeah." Don't get me wrong, I love Sarah. She's my niece and I have a very strong bond with her. Michael and Steve found her similar to how we found Asher. She was living on the streets after being kicked out of her pack for identifying as a pup. Michael and Steve were taking a stroll one night and saw her sleeping on a park bench. That was three years ago and they're a very happy family now. We love having them over and playing with her but it feels like we've been doing things everyday and we just haven't had much personal time alone with Asher.

"Now, how about you go get the little one up and I'll get breakfast started?" Kingston asked, already removing the covers and getting up. I sighed but nodded none the less and got up as well, quickly throwing on a pair of satin button up pajamas.

"See you in a few, hun." I wrap my arms around Kingston's neck and pull him down so I can place a lingering kiss to his lips. "Bye Kingy." I whisper and when I walk away I definitely don't put a little extra sway to my hips. I will be getting him back for waking me up this morning and not allowing me my cuddle time.

I make my way to Asher's door and open it slowly, closing it softly behind me after walking in. I cast a quick glance towards my sleeping pup in the corner of his crib and decided he was just too cute to wake up so I went on to gather up all of the things he would need to get ready. After getting his medicine from the bathroom I went through his clothes to look for a new onesie and found a simple polka dot one with a teal trim. I got a matching paci to go with it and then made my way back to Asher.

"It's time to wake up, darling." I said in a hushed voice as I brought my hand down to rub Asher's little tummy. He let out a small groan and attempted to flip over on his stomach but I kept my hand held firm making him whine. "It's alright, baby." I soothed him gently before lifting him into my arms.

"Mama." He whimpered out. I guided his head to my neck and started rocking him in my hold.

"What is it, sweetheart? What can mama do?" I asked already knowing the answer. He just groaned and fisted my shirt. "My sweet boy's just tired, isn't he? You just want a little more sleep?" He nodded his head against my skin and I sighed.

"Yesh mama. Wan' sweep." He agreed, closing his eyes once again.

"I know, love. Why don't you close your eyes for a few minutes while mama gets you ready? I'll be extra quiet." I told him softly, making sure not to raise my voice too much. I really just want to avoid another fussy morning, crying would tucker him out even more. "That's it, hun." I whispered as his eyes fell closed.

When I figured Asher was fully settled I carefully placed him on the changing mat and strapped him down to keep him from rolling off. As I got his medicine started I began humming a soft tune and zoning out. I didn't even realize I had finished getting his onesie on.

"All done, sweetheart. Can you open those eyes back up for me?" I asked Asher, picking him up and placing him on my hip. I bounced him and patted his newly diapered bum as he slowly awoke. I was stopped though when his tummy released a loud growl.

"Tummy talk, mama!" Asher said, sounding surprised as he shook himself from his sleep clouded mind.

"It's telling you how hungry it is, love." I said softly as I walked us over to his crib, grabbing his stuffy and binkie. "Hopefully daddy can fix that." I spoke mostly to myself as I opened his door and started towards the kitchen. Lets just say Kingston isn't the best cook in the whole world.

"Mama, I's has Theo p'ease?" I nodded and handed over his stuffy before popping his little bee paci between his lips.

"Hey pup, did you have a good sleep?" Kingston asked Asher from in front of the stove. Asher nodded and told his daddy all about how I let him sleep during his change time and I just smiled fondly at them both, loving the feeling of having them near me.

"Did you have any good dreams last night, darling?" I asked Asher during breakfast and that launched him into a whole new story about a dream where he meets a friendly snowman and watches the sunset with him.

My pup was so adorable!

"That sounds lovely, sweetheart. I'm glad it was a happy one. Now why don't you go with mama to watch some toons while I finish cleaning up, huh?" Kingston asked and I thanked him with a short kiss before walking with Asher in my arms to the couch.

"Backyardagins, mama?" Asher asked.

"Of course, baby boy." I told him, reaching for the remote. I was interrupted though when a loud knock ran through the house.

To be continued...

-

a/n - hey guys! Thank you all so much for reading! Don't forget to vote, follow, and comment what you think of the chapter :)