~good mornings~ chapter 23

Kingston's POV

"It's time to wake up, little one." I said as I rubbed Asher's tummy lightly. "Mama's got some milk for you, you just have to open those pretty blue eyes for us." Asher groaned and turned over so his face was pushing into the mattress.

"Nu dada, Awshie tiwed." He mumbled and Oliver chuckled from his spot in the rocking chair. He was ready to feed our pup since we were running a little late this morning. Last night was a late one. The movie ended at nine but Asher wouldn't fall asleep, claiming he was too happy that the beast finally turned into a prince. Considering his odd bed time we decided to skip the morning nap and just wake him up when that would usually end. Apparently he still hadn't gotten enough sleep.

"Up you go, sweet boy." I said as I picked him up, shushing his whines, and cradling him in my arms. "I've got you, baby. Dada's got you." I soothed him as he let out a small cry. When I got to the rocking chair I carefully placed Asher in Oliver's arms. Oliver held Asher close and slowly moved Asher's mouth to his chest. He accepted and started suckling on Oliver's peck. When I saw Oliver smile softly down at our pup I moved on to my job; getting Asher's morning things ready.

I moved to his dresser and looked through the clothes Oliver and I bought him. He's been in onesies for the past few days but since my parents are coming by today I think Asher should wear something he can play in so I picked out a jumpsuit onesie. It was cute and would be easier for him to move around in. I grabbed a pair of fluffy grey socks and set them down on the changing table along with the onesie. I got his things from the bathroom and then walked back towards Asher and Oliver.

"No more, bug. Mama's all out." Oliver said softly as he moved Asher from his chest. Asher whined and hit his clenched fists on Oliver's pecks causing Oliver to wince and lay Asher down in the holder next to the rocking chair.

"That's not very nice Asher." I said as I picked him up from his armpits. "What do you have to say for hurting mama?" I asked him and he had a guilty look on his face followed by a small sniffle.

"I's sowwy mama. Jus' wanted mowe miwkies." He said looking down. Mine and Oliver's face softened.
"It's okay, love. Mama's not mad, just be careful next time alright?" Asher nodded vigorously and leaned forward in my hold. I bent him down to Oliver's level and he pecked him on the cheek.

"Wove yous mama." Asher said, nuzzling his cheek on Oliver's.

"Love you too, sweet boy. Now, go with daddy so he can get you ready." Oliver told him and Asher pushed himself to my chest. "Good boy, baby." Asher smiled at the praise and I carried him over to the changing table.

"Can I's have Theo p'ease?" Asher asked me with a pout on his face.

"Here you go, sweetheart." I told him and he accepted the stuffed animal gratefully, hugging it close and holding it over his eyes when I started changing him. I quickly went through his medicine routine and changed his diaper before dressing him in his clothes and putting on his socks.

"You're daddy's brave boy, aren't you?" I asked him, picking him up and bouncing him in my arms. We made it through the whole morning process with only a few whimpers, no crying this time. He giggled when I bopped his nose and reached his arms up to wrap them around my neck.

"Here you go, hun." Oliver smiled at me as I handed our pup over. I turned around and opened up the pacifier draw and looked around, eventually finding a baby blue one that had the words "mama's boy" on it and a clip that looked like a koala. I went back over to them and set Asher up with the binkie, he grinned when I popped it in his mouth.
I can't even begin to explain how grateful I am that Asher has had a good morning for the most part.

"Do want mama to fix your hair for you, love?" Oliver asked Asher, moving towards the bathroom as he did.

"Yesh p'ease. Dada come too?" Asher asked, looking up curiously. I chuckled and followed behind them. Oliver placed Asher on the bathroom counter, me standing in front of him so I could see his face and Oliver standing behind him preparing the hair ties and a brush. I was watching Oliver do his work when I felt a small poke to my cheek. I looked down and saw Asher giggling wildly.

"Why'd you do that silly boy?" I asked him with a grin and he shrugged his shoulders, hiding another laugh. I looked back up and felt another poke but this time on my shoulder. I was beginning to sense the theme here. "I see, my sweet boy just wants some attention, huh?" I asked him. He blushed and looked down.

"Peek-a-boo!" I exclaimed as I covered my eyes and then uncovered them making Asher look up in excitement and bop my nose with his tiny pointer finger. "Peek-a-boo!" I continued the game and it seemed like Asher never stopped his giggling.

"I hate to interrupt but I'm all done, bug." Oliver broke our little bubble and I laughed lightly when Asher pouted.

"It's okay, baby. We can play again soon." I said, picking him up and placing him on my hip. I kissed his cheek and started rubbing his back. Oliver and I cleaned up the room a little but we stopped when we heard a growl come from Asher's stomach.

"Are you still hungry, baby?" Oliver asked, looking down at Asher with concern written all over his face. I could tell he felt just as bad as I did. Asher was getting fussy earlier because he was hungry and we didn't get that.

"Yesh mama. Awshie's tummy gots mad." Asher said, rubbing his stomach and imitating the grumbling noises from around his binkie. That turned our moods right around. Oliver and I laughed together while we finished cleaning and made our way downstairs, Asher waiting patiently in my arms. When we got to the kitchen I buckled Asher into his highchair, handing him Theo. I filled a rainbow decorated sippy cup with some apple juice and placed it on Asher's tray while Oliver started cutting up some fruit for our boy.

"Here you go, sweetheart. Let mama or dada know if you need help eating, alright?" Asher nodded quickly before grabbing a fistful of grapes and throwing them in his mouth. "Slow down, baby. They're not going anywhere and if you want more when you're done you can have more." I told him as I opened his hand and let the grapes roll off, placing one singular one back in his hand.

"Thankies dada an' mama." He said adorably as he continued eating. I smiled and though about how lucky I was to get a pup like Asher. Oliver stood in front of me at the counter and I wrapped my arms around his waist, leaning down to kiss him.

"Mmm love you, babe." I smiled and was about to reply when a knock on the door interrupted me.

Looks like the grandparents have arrived.

To be continued...

-

a/n - hey guys! Thank you all so much for reading! Don't forget to vote, follow, and comment what you think of the chapter :)