~newborn~ chapter 17

Oliver's POV

"I'm gonna go meet Michael downstairs, he wants to know the situation and we haven't talked in a while." Kingston said as he tied his shoes. We woke up about an hour ago. We stayed in bed and cuddled for a while but Kingston had to get up so that means I get to stay in bed with my pup.

"Have fun with that, babe." I said with a quiet chuckle. Asher was currently laying on my chest and I didn't want him to wake up.

"If I'm not back in an hour, send help." He told me seriously which made the situation even more hilarious. You see, we live on the top floors of the building so Kingston has to go down to the Beta suite. He's gonna have to explain the story to Michael, Steven: Michael's husband, and Sarah: Michael's pup. They'll have loads of questions and I'm just glad I get to skip out on it. There's also the whole problem of getting back to our home without seeing other curious pack members or his parents. That would add a few hours to the explanation. We would have to worry about mine as well but they live in a pack in America so I'm the lucky one.

"Yeah yeah, just go get it over with and maybe bring up Asher and Sarah having a playdate soon. It might be good for him to have a friend that isn't Theo." I said as Kingston leaned down and gave me a kiss on the lips before kissing Asher on the tip of his nose. Asher's nose scrunched up in the most adorable way.

"I'll be back in a bit. Tell Asher I love him." He said and left the room, closing the door softly behind him. When I heard the front door close I looked down at my sweet boy in my arms and tightened my grip around his body at the thought of last night. My pup has been through so, so much and I'm so glad we can help him now. He deserves everything the world can offer and Kingston and I will make sure he gets it.
I looked over at the alarm clock next to our bed and saw it was already nine so I figured it was about time to wake Asher. I carefully sat up and leaned against the headboard, holding Asher to my chest so he wouldn't fall. I adjusted him so he was being cradled in one of my arms and started to gently rub his little tummy with the arm that wasn't currently occupied.

After a few minutes of light belly rubs Asher squinted his eyes closed really tight and let out a big yawn, stretching his little arms out and squirming in his place.

My pup was just so adorable!

"Good morning, bug. Did you have a nice sleep?" I asked him as he squirmed about. He didn't say anything though. He just looked up at me with big, curious eyes and slowly brought his hand up to poke my cheek. He let out a long string of giggles. "What's up today, sweetie?" I asked him.

"Ma!" He squealed out and pointed up at me, a large smile working it's way to his face. Well at least he isn't fussy this morning.

"Yeah baby, mama's here." I said just as he was reaching for my shirt sleeve. I watched him slowly bring it up to his mouth and start sucking on the sleeve cuff, drool coming out every now and then. "Do you want your binkie, sweet boy?" I asked him as he looked up at me.

"nu." He said very quietly around my sleeve.

"But baby, you can't put cloth in your mouth. Why don't you want your binkie, hun?" I didn't mean for it to come out so harsh but I guess it did as he dropped my sleeve and immediately started wailing loudly.

"Hey shh, it's okay sweetheart. Mama didn't mean to scold you I just need to know what's wrong." He ignored me but shoved three fingers into his mouth in place of my shirt and started biting and sucking on them harshly, his cries just as loud. Goddess he really sounded like a newborn.

A newborn!

To be continued...
-
a/n - hey guys! Thank you all so much for reading! Don't forget to vote, follow, and comment what you think of the chapter :)