~ouchies pt.1~ chapter 8

Third Person POV

"Yes, Dr. Evans we'll be there in about an hour or so. Do you have a three o'clock appointment open?" Kingston asked as he talked into the phone. They had been driving for four hours now and he wanted to make sure Asher had a chance to see their head doctor before going home.

"Of course, Alpha. Tell the Luna I said hi and that I hope he's doing well. I'll see you in a little while." Dr. Evans replied kindly as he hung up the phone. Kingston let out a low sigh and started getting lost in thought. He liked Dr. Evans and all, he just didn't want to be taking Asher to the doctors office. He's sure there could be tons of health issues going on in his small body, from what he assumes is neglect over the years, and he doesn't want to see his little one sad.

Oliver was thinking the same thing as he heard Kingston's side of the conversation. He was sitting in the car next to King and holding a sleeping Asher on his lap, still swaddled and with his bee paci bobbing in between his lips. If he was being honest with himself he really didn't want to know what happened to Asher. He knew it was something terrible that would leave his baby scarred for, potentially, the rest of his life and he figured it would be better if he wasn't let in on the details. All he needed to know was that Asher was safe now and would be as long as he was with his mummy and daddy.

Before both parents realized it they were pulling into the doctors office and were faced with the harsh task of waking their baby boy.

Oliver carefully placed Asher on Kingston's lap and started unwrapping him from his blanket, causing a whine of discomfort to fall from the boys lips. "Shh, baby boy. It's okay." He said as he made a move to pick Asher up again. Once he was all settled in his arms he started rubbing the boys back and shaking his shoulder slightly. "It's time to wake up, love. We have a doctors appointment to get to. C'mon, wake up, hun." As soon as Oliver said this Asher's eyes shot open and he started shaking with fear.

"Bu' mama Awshie was gwood boy. Yous said it. Awshie was gwood. No doc'or." Asher practically begged as tears started forming in his eyes. "No pwunish Awshie p'ease. Bes gwood." He quickly added.

"No, no baby. You are the best little boy ever and your mummy and daddy love you so, so much." Oliver reassured the crying boy. "The doctor isn't a punishment, he's just going to make sure you don't have any ouchies. We don't like ouchies do we?" He asked, carefully bringing his hand up to Asher's face and wiping away the fallen moisture. He hated that his baby thought this was punishment.

"Awshie has lots ouchies, mama." Asher replied, looking down.

"Oh my sweet baby boy. Mummy and daddy will take those ouchies away but to do that we need to go inside." Kinston said. He was watching the scene unfold and he couldn't keep himself from soothing his baby any longer.

Asher thought for a few seconds as his crying subsided and slowly nodded, agreeing with his daddy.

"Good boy, baby. Such a brave boy for daddy." King took Asher from Oliver and held him close to his chest while he rubbed the youngers back. "I'll take him to the waiting room. Can you check him in, love?" Oliver said a quick, "my pleasure" and made his way out of the car. Kingston grabbed Asher's bear and handed it to the boy, who immediately clutched it to his chest, and followed Oliver inside the large office building. He took Asher into the waiting area and watched as Oliver checked them in and made his way over to sit with the pair.

"It'll only be a few minutes." Oliver said as he took a seat next to Kingston and turned towards Asher. "How you holding up, baby? Are you feeling okay?" He asked, concerned that Ash would be uncomfortable.

"Doc'or won' hwurt Awshie, wight?" Asher asked curiously.

"Not unless it's to help you, love. I promise." With that the conversation was dropped and Asher pushed his head into his daddy's neck, wrapping his arms around the man in the process. They sat like that, waiting for about ten minutes until their name was called and they headed back to the back rooms, Asher still wrapped in his daddy's arms. As they walked into the room the nurse came in behind them.

"My names nurse Kelly. What's your name, little one?" She smiled down at Asher who was hiding in his daddy's hold. Kingston turned Asher around so he was facing the nice lady and he nervously replied, "Awshie" sounding very unsure of himself. "That is a beautiful name, honey. Now, Luna would you mind getting little Ashie's clothes off? You can leave his diaper on for now but Dr. Evans needs to see what he's working with. Then we'll just go through the routine procedures." As she finished Kingston layed his boy down on the small bed that was in the room and Oliver moved in as he started taking Asher's clothes off.

"You're doing so good, sweet boy. Can you hand Theo to daddy please?" Oliver asked, gently rubbing the boys tummy to keep him calm. When the toy was handed over with surprisingly no fight he got back to work. When his baby was left in just his diaper Oliver picked him back up and they went through the basic health questions and tests. Weight, height, background information. Of course, they didn't know much but they shared what they could. By the end Asher was still completely compliant and laying on the bed, using his tiny hands to hold one of each of his parents fingers. He really just liked being close to them and since he couldn't be held that would have to do.
"Alright, the doctor will be in shortly. See you guys later." Nurse Kelly said with a sweet smile and wave. The second she was gone Asher was swooped off the bed and right back on his daddy's lap, his mummy moving around the bed to sit next to them and rub Asher's tummy. They exchanged reassuring words and sat just like that for the ten minutes it took for the doctor to get there.

"Hey there Alpha, Luna. My names Dr. Evans and you must be Asher. Am I correct?" The doctor asked in a confident voice. Asher nodded shyly and tucked his head under his daddy's arm. "Well it's very nice to meet you. Now, little Asher here needs to get some blood drawn as well as all of his vaccines that need to be updated and I need to do a general lookover. Parents are allowed to be in the room, in fact they're encouraged however I usually recommend a minor sedative for pups. It'll just be some syrup type medicine that'll put him to sleep for a few hours so we can get everything done and the little one doesn't feel any pain at all. Does that sound like something you're okay with?" The doctor asked gesturing to the parents. They looked down at Asher and he looked perfectly fine. He liked the idea of not feeling what the doctor would do so he was up for the idea.

"Yeah, that works just fine, doctor." Kingston confirmed. The doctor nodded and got the medicine prepared in a small plastic cup before handing it to Oliver.

"Just help him drink it, Luna. Hold him for a minute and he should be asleep." Dr. Evans informed. Oliver brought the cup to Asher's lips, taking the binkie out in the process and waited for him to part his lips. Asher quickly gulped down the liquid and cuddled into his daddy's warm chest once again. After a few minutes he started feeling the drowsiness effects and his eyes started to blink closed, his grip on his daddy's shirt loosening.

"That's it, baby. Just like that. Mummy and daddy will be here when you wake up, love." A kiss to his forehead was all it took for him to be pulled into sleep.

To be continued...
-
a/n - hey guys! Thank you all so much for reading! Don't forget to vote, follow, and comment what you think of the chapter :)