~fussy mornings~ chapter 12

Oliver's POV

"Wake up, love." Kingston spoke softly and I felt his hand lightly caress the length of my back. I groaned quietly and felt a small yawn escape me as I pulled Asher's tiny body closer to my chest. Last night after Kingston and Asher's discussion King brought him up to our bed and we all fell asleep together, Asher sandwiched between my love and I's bodies.

"I'm gonna go make some breakfast, hun. Can you wake Asher and get him ready? His medicines in the bathroom cabinet." He placed a light kiss on my neck and I heard his footsteps going down the hallway. After five more minutes of laying there I finally pulled myself into a sitting position, leaving Asher laying down beside me and cuddling his little teddy close to his chest, a new binkie bobbing between his lips. It seems the loss of warmth however woke the boy as he let out a small whine followed by his body shifting slightly on the bed.

"I know sweet boy. I'm sorry baby, but we have to get up now." I said as I lifted him into my lap and he pressed his face into my neck. "You'll get your nap later, hun. For now we need to get you ready for the day!" I exclaimed, trying to sound as excited as possible in my tired state.

"Mama, don' wan' to." He lisped around his paci. It seems I don't have a morning pup.

"Shh shh, darling. It's okay. Mama's here to help." I gently soothed him, slowly getting up and entering the bathroom to grab his suppositories. I made my way to his nursery while giving his bum light pats, setting him down on the changing table when we got there. He let out a whine when I undid his nappy and the cold air hit his bits so I quickly got to work at cleaning him up, receiving small groans throughout the process. When he was all clean I carefully flipped him over so he was laying on his tummy and grabbed a pillow from the crib so I could prop him up better before strapping him down. I didn't want to do this but it was necessary and would just take longer if he was squirming. I took a pill out of the packaging and coated it in coconut oil. carefully inserting it into his bum.

"Mama don' like it. Out p'ease, mama." Asher whined on the table and started squirming even through the straps that were holding him down.

"I know, baby. It'll be okay, sweetheart. Just a little uncomfy for a few minutes." I said as I flipped him over on the changing table again so I could see his face and the tears that were falling down it. "I'm sorry, baby. Just a second and mummy will make it all better." I quickly got the new nappy on him and wiped my hands, quickly cleaning the area around me before reaching down to gather him back into my arms.

"Shh, it's okay sweet boy. You did so well, baby. Such a good boy for mama." I said as I cradled him in my hold and gently rocked him, placing occasional kisses on his forehead. Five minutes later and he was calming down slightly. I walked us over to the dresser.

"What do we wanna wear today, baby boy?" I asked the sniffling boy in my arms. He just pressed himself closer to me and shook his head.

"Do I have a fussy baby today, hun?" I chuckled lightly and he whined into my neck. "It seems I do. I think we'll go with the ducky onesie." I decided as I got his clothes and retrieved a new paci, slipping it between his lips and quieting his whines of distaste. He definitely needs his nap later, maybe even right after breakfast.

"There we go, sweet boy. All done. Ready for breakfast?" As soon as I asked his stomach let out an angry grumble. "I'd say you are." I walked us downstairs, holding Asher close to me and patting his bum every now and then. As we entered the kitchen I saw Kingston setting the plates on the table and a plastic bowl on Asher's highchair tray.

"Good morning, precious." Kingston exclaimed rather loudly causing Asher to whine and tighten his fists around my shirt.

"He's a little fussy, hun. Just needs some quiet time right now." I explained to Kingston as he was confused from the interaction.

"I'm sorry sweet boy. How does some breakfast sound?" He asked quietly as he walked up to u and gave Asher a soft little head kiss.

"Breaky dada." Asher whined out.

"Manners, baby." I reminded him.

"Sowwy dada. Breaky p'ease?" He asked.

"Of course, sweetheart." Kingston said as he moved towards the table. I followed and carefully strapped Asher into his chair, making him whine from the loss of warmth.
"I'm sorry, darling. Just for breakfast and then you'll be right back in mama's arms." I quickly soothed him, gently rubbing his sock covered foot.

I sat down at my plate and started feeding Asher his mashed bananas. He excepted them gratefully and ate the whole bowl in just a few minutes. I picked him back up and sat him in my lap before Kingston and I started eating our own food, scrambled eggs and bacon. Asher sat with us, head on my shoulder and eyes already half closed. When we were completely finished Kingston grabbed the plates and I got up with Asher to go make his pre-nap bottle. I mixed the formula and put it in the bottle mixer, gently bouncing Asher in my arms while we waited so I could keep him awake longer. A beep came from the machine and I grabbed the bottle, letting a little drop on my wrist to test the temperature.

"Alright sweet boy, bottle and then a little morning nap. How does that sound, hun?" I asked my baby boy who was dozing off in my arms.

"Tired mama." He mumbled.

"I know sweet boy. I know." I said as I made my way back up into the nursery, sitting down in the rocking chair and cradling Asher close to my body. I slowly brought the bottle up to Asher's lips and watched him accept the bottle, gently sucking. "Good boy, baby. Such a good boy." I said as I lightly patted his bum and he drank his warm milk. When he was all done and seconds from sleep I quickly burped him and gently lifted him into his crib, covering him with his quilt and tucking his teddy in his arms. I grabbed the binkie on his nightstand and placed it between his lips.

"Have a nice nap, sweetheart. Mama loves you so, so much." I told him as I bent down to his closed eyes and gently kissed the lids as well as the tip of his nose. I flipped the lights off and headed out of the room. A soft "Love mama." following me out the door.

-

a/n - hey guys! Thank you all so much for reading! Don't forget to vote, follow, and comment what you think of the chapter :)