~photograph~ chapter 36

Oliver's POV

"Loving can hurt, loving can hurt sometimes." I sang the words softly as I worked my way around the kitchen, preparing breakfast for King and I. "But it's the only thing that I know." I got some eggs out of the refrigerator and got to cooking, being sure to keep one arm around Asher's back the whole time. I know he's secure in the wrap but I don't want him to get scared if he thinks I'm too busy to pay attention to him. It was difficult to handle everything with one arm but I could deal with it.

"Ma!" Asher whimpered out and I immediately brought my attention to him. Until now, I didn't even know he was awake.

"Yes, sweetheart?" He looked up at me with an adorable little pout on his face. 

"S-s-so-" Asher tried to get the word out but let out a sharp whine when he couldn't.

"Come on, baby boy. You can do it!" I encouraged him but he held the same pout. 

"W-w-wike 'oice (voice). Pwe'y (pretty)." I laughed softly at my little pups cuteness before quickly turning the stove off so I could free up my other hand in order to run it through Asher's hair. 

"Well thank you, sweet boy. Don't worry, I'll keep going." Asher nodded and pushed his tiny head against my chest. 

"When it gets hard, you know it can get hard sometimes." I continued singing as I finished making our breakfast, Asher bobbing his head up ad down to the beat the whole time. I'm glad Asher likes the song because it's one of my favorites. 

On Kingston and I's first date he took me to a Christmas light park. It was the middle of winter and almost below freezing so he had given me his jacket, of course being the protector he is, and we were walking through the park. We came across somebody with their guitar at one of the booths they were holding and he started singing the song "Photograph" by Ed Sheeran. Right after the first verse it started snowing lightly. It's hard to describe but the moment was just perfect. We ended up looking into each others eyes the whole time and at the end of the song he kissed me. I won't go into details about what happened after that but ever since then that was our song. He'd hum it to me at night or I'd sing it to him quietly while he was stressed. It was our thing and now I'm glad we get to share it with our pup.

"When I'm away, I will remember how you kissed me. Under the lamppost back on Sixth street. Hearing you whisper through the phone. 'Wait for me to come home.'" I finished off the song just as I was placing the last plate on the table.

"S'good ma'ma!" Asher told me happily as he giggled. It seemed I'd have to sing to my little one more often.

"That was beautiful, baby. You know I love it when you sing." I turned around with a smile on my face and saw Kingston leaning against the kitchen counter with his arms crossed, a loving look gracing him.

"Thank you, love. It seems we have a pup that loves it too." I told him and we turned our attention to Asher. He had a dazed look to him but he was happy. 

"Good morning, baby boy. You look nice and comfy on mummy's chest, huh?" Asher giggled at the comment from his daddy and hit his tiny fist against my chest. I'm assuming he was just excited to see his daddy and he didn't know how else to show it. 

"We were just about to bring your breakfast up to you, love. Didn't wanna disturb you." I told him and Kingston gave me a thoughtful smile. 

"No, it's alright. Turns out I didn't have that much to do so I have time to spend a bit of the morning with you two and then I need to head back up." He told us and that's pretty much how the morning went on.

 Kingston spent some time with Asher while I cleaned up from breakfast and then he returned to his office. While he was gone working I did the laundry and cleaned the house with Asher still strapped onto my chest. I sang throughout the majority of the day, Asher most likely stayed soothed because he could feel the vibrations of my voice. 

"Alright, baby boy. I think we finished everything." I told Asher softly as I looked at his now clean playroom. "You were such a good helper, sweetie." Asher hummed against my chest, silently letting me know that he was tired. He'd fallen asleep while I was cleaning a few times but not long enough to keep him rested. 

"Do you wanna go watch a movie and cuddle on the couch, love? Maybe your daddy can meet us there when he's done for the day." Asher just nodded and pushed himself closer to me, if that was even possible. I went by his nursery on the way downstairs and grabbed Asher a warm blanket as well as his Theo stuffy and a binkie. 

After a few minutes I had him unstrapped from my chest and cuddled up next to me on the couch where we sat only half watching Toy Story. Asher was too tired to fully pay attention and I was too busy rubbing my pups back and playing with his hair to look at the screen.

"Go ni' ni' now mummy." Asher told me as he proceeded to push his face against my stomach. 

"Have a nice sleep, sweet boy. Mummy loves you." I made sure he was fully covered with the blanket before sliding his dummy past his lips. Once Asher had fallen asleep my own exhaustion had finally caught up to me so I closed my eyes and let myself nap with my baby boy.

-

a/n - hey guys! so... what'd you think of the chapter?? i didn't like it that much but i don't know.. anyways, thank you for reading, i hope you like it! don't forget to vote and comment, i hope you all have a lovely day/night :)