~theo~ chapter 7

Third Person POV

"It's time to wake up, sweet boy." Oliver said, rubbing Asher's tummy in an attempt to wake him up peacefully.

"Mmmm, no mama. Wan' sweep mowe p'ease." Kingston chuckled from the corner of the room where he was packing up their luggage. Oliver sent a glare towards him and mouthed a, "Not helping." Kingston's way.

"C'mon, baby. We gotta get you ready to go." Asher slowly peeled his eyes open but immediately closed them when he saw how bright it was and he let out a low whine along with a few small sniffles. "Shh shh. It's okay, hun. No need for tears so early in the day." Ollie said as he swiped some loose hair that came out of the braid off of Ash's forehead.

He carefully picked Asher up and held him close to his chest so he could keep him as warm as possible. He then moved down to the bottom of the bed and started stripping Asher of his clothes down to his diaper. He went through the process of removing the dirty one and changing him, only receiving small grunts every now and then from the little boy on the bed who wasn't happy about the cold air hitting his small body. Once Asher was all changed and had a new long sleeved snap crotched onesie paired with some black sweatpants on, Ollie picked him up in his arms again and he curled up towards Oliver's warm chest.

"You comfy there, love?" Oliver chuckled at the boy's reactions as Asher nodded slightly against his chest.

"Mama?" Asher asked quietly as he pulled lightly on Oliver's sweatshirt sleeve.

"What is it, baby boy?" Asher thought for a second and decided he'd ask.

"Binkie p'ease?" He pressed himself closer in Oliver's chest as he awaited his answer. He wasn't sure if he could ask for things yet and he didn't want to overstep.

"What good manners, hun. You're such a good boy." Oliver cooed, looking down at Asher and giving his bum little pats. He could see Ash's hesitance in asking and was really proud that he asked. "Would you like your blankie too?" He asked as he gently rubbed the binkie across Asher's lips until he opened and excepted the rubber soother, sucking lightly.

"Awshie has a bwankie?" It was so sad to Oliver that his baby was so surprised about something as simple as a blanket.

"Of course my sweet boy. You also have a teddy. See, baby," Oliver held up the simple teddy bear with one hand and held Asher with the other.

Asher gasped at the sight of his very own stuffie. He'd never had one before. The other little kids at his old pack all had their own bears and he always wondered if he'd get lucky enough to have one of his own. Oliver handed the bear over and Asher held it tightly in his little hands. He squeezed it in his hold and ran his fingers over the soft material.

"Fank yous mama. Wove it wots." He said, moisture forming in his eyes at his new favorite thing, aside from his mummy and daddy of course.

"What's its name, sweetheart?" Kingston chimed in as he came out of the bathroom from where he was packing away some more of their things.

Asher thought for a second before replying, "Theo, daddy. 'cause it' wike teddy." King's heart warmed at how happy Ashie sounded. "That's so smart, baby boy. I love it." He said as he walked closer to Oliver and Asher, giving Oliver a quick kiss on the lips and Asher a kiss on the cheek.

"Alright, baby. I'll get you all snuggled in your blankie and then we'll head out. Looks like daddy's almost done packing." Oliver told his baby as he moved towards the bed, Asher in one arm and a soft blanket in the other. He placed the blanket on the bed and spread it out before placing Asher in the middle and swaddling him nice and tight. They had five hours of driving to do and he knew Ash would be sleeping the second he was told he could so he wanted him to be comfortable.

"Where wes goin' mama?" Asher asked curiously from his little blanket bundle.
"We're going home, baby boy." Oliver replied with a sweet gentle voice that was filled with happiness. He couldn't wait to take his baby home.

"Ashie gets home?" Asher asked, his whole face erupting in a large smile. He never thought he'd have a good home. Everything was just so new and exciting. He couldn't wait.

"Yeah, baby. You're gonna come home with mummy and daddy. But it's a long drive so why don't you have your bottle and take a little nap? How does that sound, sweet boy?" Kingston asked, entering back into the room after getting a bottle filled from the kitchen on the main floor of the hotel. Being the Alpha King had its perks and filling a bottle whenever he wanted was apparently one of them.

"Goods daddy. Awshie twired 'gain." Asher said through his binkie, yawning abruptly. It seems talking about sleep really set something off for him.

Oliver handed Asher over to Kingston so he could be fed and King took him into his arms. He paced the room with gentle steps as to keep Asher calm and started patting his bum in a soothing rhythm. He carefully removed the boy's paci and replaced it with the rubber teat of the bottle. After ten minutes of light suckling the bottle was gone and Asher was half asleep in his daddy's arms. He was gently moved over his daddy's shoulder and his back was pat causing him to let out a small burp but no spit up this time. He was then resituated and the binkie was placed back into his mouth.

"Go to sleep, baby. Mummy and daddy will be right here when you wake up." Asher fell asleep that morning in his daddy's big, warm arms and a soft smile spread across his face.

-

a/n - hey guys! Thank you all so much for reading! Don't forget to vote, follow, and comment what you think of the chapter :)