~best day~ chapter 13

Asher's POV

I woke up from my nap way happier than this morning. It's not my fault that mornings are always the worst. I'm sleepy and the stupid sun decides to wake me up all the time. How rude. If you couldn't tell by now I just really don't like being woken up. Especially when I wake up and my mama and dada aren't here to cuddle me. Cuddles are the best. Right now all I have to do is sit in my wet diapy and stare at the bars holding me in this prison they call a crib. Granted it is extremely comfy but that's not the point.

"Mama? Dada?" I yelled out and heard footsteps followed by the door to my room opening.

"Hey sweet boy, how was your nap?" Mama asked with a huge smile on his face.

"Goo' mama." I replied. "You come save me now?" I asked, sticking my arms up in the hopes that my mummy gets the idea.

"I've got you, baby. Do you need a change?" Mama chuckled and swooped down to pick me up and place me on his hip.

"Mmmm mama. I's wet." I said as I cuddled close to his body, enjoying the warmth that came from him. I was completely happy with being carried to my changing table but then I forgot something. THEO! "We forgot Theo mama, and 'nd binkie, p'ease mama. Wes gots to save 'em too!" I can't believe I almost left him. I'm such a bad best friend.
"We can't leave your teddy, can we? Then who would be my assistant during changing?" Mama asked as he grabbed Theo and handed him to me as well as my binkie that he pops in my mouth. I start sucking immediately. I LOVE my binkies. They're so cute and some even have little stuffies on them!

"Silly mama. Theo cwuddles with me while yous get the ickies off." I said as I cuddled Theo close in my arms and whispered a string of apologies to him. He tells me that it was okay and that he forgives me so I go back to looking at my mummy.

"Alright darling, lets get you all clean." Mama says as he places me on my changing table and straps me on. I don't like the straps but mama wouldn't do anything to hurt me so I know he wants me to keep them on. Mummy takes off my diaper and starts wiping me down. I hold Theo over my eyes and keep sucking my paci until he's done. After what feels like forever mummy unstraps me and picks me back up. He kisses my head and starts walking towards the door.

"Dada's downstairs setting up the play pen in the living room so you guys can play with some blocks. Does that sound good, hun?" PLAY???

"We pway mama?" I practically yelled. "Yous pway wif us? P'ease mama." It would be so much fun to play with my daddy and my mummy.

"Thank you for using your manners sweet boy but I have to make you some lunch. I'll come play with you after though. Sound good?" I guess just daddy will have to do today.

"'tay mama." I mumbled and mummy kissed my nose which made me giggle.

"There's my happy baby." Daddy says and I didn't even realize we had made it into the living room. Daddy was sitting on the ground with tons of blocks around him and a bunch of very soft looking blankets around him.

"DADA!" Daddy smiled up at me from his spot on the floor and mama bent down to put me in dada's lap. I snuggled up to his chest and he wrapped his arms around me. Daddy's lap was just so warm and comfy.

"Alright sweet boy, mama's gonna go get you a little snack before lunch. I'll be right back, baby." Mama said and I clapped my hands excitedly. Mummy and daddy already gave me so much but I get snacks too??

"Wanna watch some cartoons, baby?" Daddy asked me and I looked up at him, absolutely bewildered. I got TV? I'd seen the other kids watching cartoons but my old alpha never let me. He said TV was for good boys and that I wasn't one. If I ever asked he'd beat me. Those weren't good days. "Sweetheart, are you okay?" Daddy looked down at me with a worried look on his face and he lightly stroked my cheek.

"Fine dada. Jus' never got 'toons befo'. Wasn' good boy. Never good boy." I said with a sniffle and rubbed my face along daddy's neck. He let off a really comforting scent.
"Oh darling, you are the best boy. You're so nice to your mama and dada, you have amazing manners, and you are so fun to cuddle with. You, my precious boy, are the pup your mama and I have been dreaming of for years and we are so happy we have you." Daddy's words were so nice and I found myself actually believing them. I was a good boy. Dada says I'm a good boy. The feeling of pride filled me and a big smile spread across my face.

"Wove you dada." I tilted my head up and gave my daddy a sloppy kiss on his cheek. My binkie got in the way a little but I hope he still understood what I meant by it.

"Love you too, sweetheart." Daddy said, looking down at me with what I could only describe as love.

"Are we confessing our love to our baby boy? Because if we are I want in on it." Mama said as he walked into the living with a goofy smile on his face and he was holding a weird yellow cup. When he reached us he bent down and kissed my nose, handing me the odd cup. "Here's some puffs sweet boy, strawberry and banana." Mama said. "Love you baby boy. Lunch should be done in about thirty minutes, babe." He said, speaking to me first before directing his voice to daddy and giving him a kiss on the mouth.

GROSS.

I occupied myself by reaching my hand into the cup and pulling out a little star shaped thing. I brought it up to my nose and gave it a sniff. Mmmm, it smells like nanas! I spit out my paci and quickly threw the puff in my mouth. I smiled at the taste and giggled a little as it melted away. I heard a chuckle and saw daddy looking down at me.

"You like it then, sweetpea?" Daddy asked. I nodded my head quickly. Wait how could I forget? Daddy might want some too!

"Dada wan' try too?" I asked as I reached for another.

"That's okay, baby." He said but I wasn't convinced. I'm supposed to be sharing. After all sharing is caring.

"Nu, Awshie share. Good boys shware and Awshie is good boy." I declared proudly. I'm a good boy.

"Of course you are, darling. Dada will have one." I grabbed one and plopped it in daddy's hand. He hesitantly threw it in his mouth and I saw him chew a little. A look I didn't quite understand crossed his face but then he smiled down at me and I reached to grab another for him.

"Here dada, you's have mo'." I said as I shoved another in his face but he quickly shook his head.

"No baby boy, that's okay. They're yours and they're really yummy so I wouldn't wanna take them from you." He was right they were really yummy. I popped another in my mouth and nodded my head, agreeing with daddy's thoughtful statement. Dada had a relieved look on his face but I just decided to ignore it. Instead I tugged on daddy's sleeve and he looked down at me expectantly.

"'toons dada. Bwocks later, 'toons now p'ease." I asked.

"Okay darling, up we go." He stood up with me in his arms, Theo and my puffs in mine. He sat me down on his lap on the couch so that I was facing the TV. He flipped through the channels until he reached one with bright, colorful animals on it. A penguin and a hippo and even a moose. They were singing the best song while they walked through the forest and I danced around on daddy's lap, popping a nana flavored puff in my mouth. Today was the best.

"We're tramping through the woods....."

To be continued...

-

a/n - hey guys! Thank you all so much for reading! Don't forget to vote, follow, and comment what you think of the chapter :)