~da~ chapter 18

Kingston's POV

"Bye bye uwncle Kingy." Sarah told me as I bent down so she could throw her arms around my neck.

"Bye, hun. We'll come visit soon, okay?" She nodded into my neck, placed a kiss on my cheek, and darted back to Michael. I've been here talking with them for a while, just catching them up on what happened over the past few days but when Sarah was introducing me to her new stuffed animal I realized it was probably time to get home.

"Tell Oliver I said hello and Steven will be up with the TV later." Michael said, picking Sarah up and placing her on his hip. "I'm on Sarah duty today so I can't stop by later but we'll make plans in a few days. Oh and hey, I'm really happy for you dude!" He said with a smile. Michael knew how much we've been wanting our pup and was anxiously waiting along with us for those years.

I gave him a quick "thanks man" and a "goodbye" before making my way back up to my home. As I was walking down the hall however my parents decided to make a surprise appearance.

"King, fancy seeing you here." Mom said as she walked around the corner, dad coming in right behind her. "Anything new going on with you guys?" She asked me with a grin on her face. I was regretting this part. Don't get me wrong, I love my parents but goddess could they pry.

"As a matter of fact, yes there is. I take it you've heard about Oliver and I finding our pup." I asked them, already knowing the answer.

"I'm so happy for you, son." Dad said as he pulled me into a hug, placing a firm pat on my back.

"Oh I'm finally going to be a grandmother. Kingston, when can we meet him?" Mom asked before dad even had the chance to let me out of his hold. I looked up at her and she had tears falling out of the corners of her eyes and a large smile on her face.

"How's lunch tomorrow?" I figure sooner is better than later. I want Asher to have a chance to meet his grandparents and get used to them.

"That works for us. Your place around twelve?" Dad asked me, a hopeful look on his face.

"Lets try one. Asher takes a nap after breakfast but he should be awake by around then." I said.

"See you then and I can't wait for you to tell me everything." Mom said, emphasizing the everything. That's gonna be a long discussion. She gave me a quick side hug and grabbed my dad, walking through their own door. I could've sworn I heard a "we need to go to the toy store" coming from their cracked door. I quickly made my way upstairs before more people could catch me and before I knew it I was walking into my home, carefully shutting the door behind me.

"Honey, I'm home." I yelled through the house. Oliver and I had been doing that since we got married. Whenever one of us would come home we would yell that line and the opposite would meet them at the door. I waited for a minute but I couldn't hear anyone coming so I started walking towards our room.

When I opened the door I was met with the most adorable sight: Asher was laying on his tummy on Oliver's chest. He had one of those rubber key ring toys in his mouth and he was biting at it, poking Oliver's cheek every few seconds and giggling when he felt the warm skin against his finger.

"Good morning, loves." I said softly and Oliver looked up at me, giving off a large smile. I returned his response with a confused look. Asher didn't even look at me when I came in.

"Newborn headspace." Oliver whispered in my ear and I immediately understood. I moved over and sat down next to Oliver, rubbing Asher's back to get his attention. He moved his head slightly so his ear was to Oliver's chest but he didn't lift up at all, just looked at me with wide, innocent eyes.

"Hey, sweetheart. You having fun with mama?" I asked him and he giggled.

"Da!" He exclaimed and pointed his little stubby finger at me. He wiggled in his place on Oliver's chest and rolled over onto the bed. "Da!" He said again, louder this time as he lay flat on his back atop the bed.

"Would you like me to pick you up, baby boy?" He didn't answer, just squirmed around. "Alright my little worm, I'll take that as a yes." I picked him up very carefully, making sure to support his neck as I brought his small frame into my arms. He sighed happily when I had him stable and cuddled close to me. That was when I noticed the heavy diaper.

"I'm gonna go get him changed. Do you wanna go get his breakfast ready, love?" I asked Oliver who was looking at us.

"Of course, babe. See you in a bit." He said as he got off the bed and rounded it to give me a lingering kiss on the lips before walking towards the door, closing it softly behind him.

"It's just you and me now, little one." I told Asher who was resting his head in the crook of my neck. I bounced him lightly as I walked us into his nursery, grabbing a pillow for his head and gently placing him on the changing table. I strapped him down and quickly got his medication from the bathroom, a small whimper escaping his lips as I left. While I was away I grabbed him a new onesie and a new binkie as his little teething toy had been left in the bedroom.

"Dada's back sweetheart. It's alright." I soothed him as he was still whimpering when I returned. He clenched his little fists when I took his clothes and diaper off but stayed mostly compliant throughout the process. The only hiccup was after his medication: He started wiggling around and waving his arms in the air. I let go of his ankles that I had been holding up and grabbed each of his fists in my large hands. I bounced them in my hold in a soothing manner. He cooed happily after a few moments and I kissed his forehead before getting back to work. When his diaper was all strapped on I grabbed the onesie. It had a cute little elephant on it and said, "Little Peanut" on the front. After slipping his socks on I picked him back up and cradled him in my arms.

"You did so good, sweet boy. Such a good boy for dada, huh?" I said softly and he giggled when I tapped my finger to his little button nose. "Your daddy's baby boy, aren't you?" I asked him and he squealed adorably. I brought him higher up and kissed each of his cheeks before pecking his nose and bringing him back down.

"Now how about some breaky, baby boy?"

To be continued...

-

a/n - hey guys! Thank you all so much for reading! Don't forget to vote, follow, and comment what you think of the chapter :)