~connection~ chapter 26

Kingston's POV

"Dada! Dada! Dada!" Asher chanted as he sat up in his crib holding onto the bars.

"I'm here, darling." I told him as I bent down and picked him up under the armpits.
"How was your nap, sweetie?" I asked, walking us over to the changing table and laying him down.

"Goo' dada. Awshie nu tiwed nu mowe." He replied happily, sticking two fingers in his mouth when I started changing him.

"That's good, hun. Here take your paci instead." I gently removed his fingers when he had a new nappy on and replaced them with his bee binkie. He started sucking immediately. I carefully picked him up and placed him on my hip.

"How about we play for a little bit, little love?" I asked him but he shook his head. "Then what do you wanna do, bubba?"

"Wan' go see mama." He whined as he pushed his face into my neck. If only Oliver knew how much Asher depended on him.

"Mama's taking a bath right now, baby." I told him and he let out a high-pitched whine.
"Bu', bu' wan' go sees mama." Asher said sadly, wiggling in my hold. He continued to struggle while I paced around the room trying to calm him back down.

"It's okay, sweet boy. Mama will be out soon." I whispered in his ear but he wouldn't have it. He spit out his dummy and started hitting my chest with clenched fists, large crocodile tears rolling down his now red cheeks.

"Wan' see mama p'ease. P'ease mama." He begged me and I just didn't understand why. He's never been this clingy to Oliver. I couldn't figure it out until it hit me suddenly. Asher's wolf could sense that Oliver was sad.

Our wolves were odd and difficult to understand. As an alpha my wolf can talk to me and I can switch forms easily but a pup is a little more in depth. Pups couldn't talk to their human counterpart however they could express emotions and that was exactly what was happening. I'm assuming Oliver and Asher's wolves connected causing Asher's current strong emotions.

"Ashie baby, just a little whi-" I was interrupted when Oliver immerged from the bathroom wearing nothing but his red silk robe.

To be continued...

-

a/n - hey guys! Thank you all so much for reading! Don't forget to vote, follow, and comment what you think of the chapter :)