~little pup~ chapter 35

Asher and Oliver's chest wrap from this chapter ^^^

Oliver's POV

"Now, mama has lots for us to do today, sweat pea." Asher Let out a high pitched whine at the statement and started fisting at his eyes. "Hey, it's okay, baby boy. It's alright." I bounced him and whispered soothing little nothings into his ear to try and prevent the approaching tears.

"What's wrong, hun?" Asher just whined once again and began pulling on my clothes. It took me a minute but I caught on to what he was trying to say.  

"It's okay, pup. Mama's got you." I told him softly, slowly walking us back over to his rocking chair and grabbing him a nice, warm blanket along the way. I wrapped him up and swaddled him, to his distaste, and held him close in my warm hold. "You just don't wanna be away from mama, is that it?" I felt him nod as his tears began to dry.

"Ma'a." Asher whimpered out and I just held him closer. He's really fussy this morning and I have a feeling if I leave him for even a second it'll end in another breakdown.

"I'm right here, sweet boy. I'm not going anywhere." I promised him, moving his head against my chest so I could easily stroke my hands through his long hair.

"Mmmm." Asher hummed against my chest causing me to smile down at him softly.

"That's it, baby. Just relax for mummy." I continued on with his head massage and our rocking until I felt he was content with me again. "I'm gonna get up now, sweetheart, but I promise I'll keep you nice and warm in my arms the whole time." I didn't give him any time to protest as I carefully got up off the chair. As I made my way to his closet I hummed a gentle lullaby and rubbed Asher's back through the blanket. He was so comfortable he never even raised his little head.

I sifted through the nursery closet until I found exactly what I was looking for; a chest wrap baby carrier. I'd ordered it after we found Asher but he hasn't really been mentally small enough to use it yet. It allowed Asher to stay curled up on my chest while also allowing me to get the housework done. I haven't done laundry in almost three weeks and after Sarah being in that playroom, I'm sure it needed a nice deep clean. Just from looking at the pictures they made, I'm sure there's glitter everywhere.

"Alright, baby boy, mama's gonna try something new and I'm gonna have to set you down for just a moment to try it out. Can you be my brave little pup for a few minutes so I can get everything ready?" Asher thought about it as I stroked his plump red cheek to keep him calm. Eventually I felt his nod against my hand. "I'm just going to set you down in your nice, comfy crib but I'll be here the whole time." I reassured him lightly as I laid him down. He looked adorable, all swaddled up and wiggling around in the crib. Just like a newborn, I thought.

I made quick work of wrapping the stretchy material around my chest and getting it ready for Asher. He was babbling to himself quietly when I returned and reached into the crib to pull him back up. I carefully put him into the wrap and adjusted the fabric around him so he was fully covered.

"Are you all warm, pup? Does everything feel alright?" All I received was a small nod in response before Asher burrowed his head into my chest and closed his cute little eyes. I grabbed him his little bee paci and pushed it between his lips so he could suckle on something while he napped.

"That's a good boy. Mama loves you so much, sweat pea." I told him softly as I craned my neck and kissed his head. Asher, in his half asleep state, patted my chest lightly with his fist to show his love in return. I cradled his head to my body and swayed from side to side a little bit until I heard Asher's breathing begin to even out and there was only soft sighs being released from my sweet pups lips.

"Sweet dreams, baby boy. I'll be here keeping you nice and cozy all day." With a content pup strapped to my chest I exited the nursery and began my day full of chores and reassurance for a certain little pup.

-

a/n - hey guys! so this is the first chapter from the new account and i'm really eager to see how you guys like it... so let me know in the comments :) it was kinda short and i just wanted it to be a fluffy chapter so yeah... and i think i've decided on a update day... i'm thinking every sunday for now on ! maybe not this sunday because i already uploaded this chapter but definitely next sunday !!

moving on... thank you all so much for following me to this new account and showing your support for this book !! i'm so very grateful and i love every single one of you :)

thank you all so much for reading the chapter, don't forget to vote, comment, and follow... i hope you all have a lovely day/night !!