~bad memories~ chapter 6

Third Person POV

A 13 year old Asher stood hovering over the stove in the kitchen while he cooked breakfast for all 200 members of the pack. It sounds like a lot of work but he had been doing this every morning for the past eight years. Ever since the night his parents left him on the barrier of pack territory.

He stopped for a second as he turned the heat off and glanced at the clock on the oven.

6:57 am

Good. He had about twenty minutes before he needed to start cleaning the top floor of the house. Every day he would cook breakfast and then clean the whole house, starting at the highest floor and working his was back down. He had to have all of that done by lunch so he could prepare that too. It took him awhile to get used to his schedule but Alpha's daily beatings kept him in his place. He shuddered at the thought. Goddess, how he hated those. They were different in a way but they all held the same purpose: to humiliate him and to remind him what his place was in the pack. He was a pup, the weakest of all the wolves, worthless, and he was reminded of that all the time.

The sound of footsteps coming down the stairs broke him from his thoughts. Oh no, he wasn't done yet. Alpha was gonna be so mad at him. He looked down at the unfinished breakfast and quickly started getting things together, knocking over a glass plate in the process that crashed and shattered on the hard tile. The footsteps on the stairs got quicker and heavier. Before Asher had the chance to think about what was happening he was being thrown across the room and landing against the cool metal of the fridge.

"Would you like to tell me why breakfast isn't on the table and why there's broken glass all over my floor, mutt?" The cold stare his alpha was giving him had him shaking immediately. Why does he keep doing this? Why can't he just stop messing up all the time?

"I-I'm s-s-so s-sorry, A-Alpha. I-I-I'll clean it up r-right n-now, s-sir." He said looking up at his alpha with pleading eyes. "P-p-please, A-A-Alpha. I'll b-be g-good." Asher knew it was no use though. He was being beaten today and dropping that plate just added to his inevitable punishment.

"You know better than to look at me directly and learn how to speak you useless piece of shit." His Alpha roared at him. "Now, I think we should put this glass to good use, don't you Beta?" He asked so calmly that it sent a shiver down Asher's spine.

"I think that's a great idea, Alpha." As the beta said this he reached down and grabbed the largest piece of glass in the pile, handing it to his Alpha. They both made their way to Asher who was currently kneeling and looking towards the ground with tears falling down his face. He knew what was coming. "Hold him down. It's more fun when he can't get away.", was the last thing he heard before his old, ripped shirt was lifted and the glass pierced the skin of his scarily flat stomach. He let out a blood curdling scream but that didn't stop them, it just kept going and going. He should be used to it by now but it hurt so bad and it never seemed to stop. Not for a worthless pup like him.

"Sweetheart, wake up for me. Wake up for mumma." Asher jolted awake as he was shaken from his bad dream or, more accurately, memories. "Hey, hey it's okay baby. You're okay now." Oliver attempted to soothe the sobbing boy in his lap.

"Mwumma? Daddy?" Asher looked up at his parents and a surprised expression crossed his face as he realized where he was. He wasn't there anymore, he reminded himself. He was safe, he added. That didn't stop the memories from haunting him though. They were always there.

But he didn't want to think about that right now. So instead he focused on his mummy's hand that was softly patting his bum and his daddy's hand that was rubbing his back.
"What happened, baby boy? Was it a bad dream?" Kingston asked as he continued his little massage. He received a hesitant nod in response and more tears from his pup. His heart broke at what that dream could've been about. All he could think at that moment was how he needed to find out what happened to his pup and who. When he did he was going to rip their heads off. He was sure of it. He was brought out of his morbid thoughts when he heard an aggressive sucking noise coming from Asher. Looking down he saw Ash with the neckline of Oliver's shirt resting in his mouth and he was looking even worse than when he had woken up.

"Hey baby, look at me please. Meet daddy's eyes for second." Asher slowly dropped the shirt from his mouth and brought his gaze to his daddy. "Good boy, darling. You listen to daddy so well, huh?" Asher just kept staring, tiny sniffles coming out every now and then. "Mummy and I love you so, so much. Now, we don't know exactly what happened in your past but we want you to know that you can come to us for anything. If you ever wanna talk about what happened to you we're here to listen. If you ever need anything, all you have to do is ask. But most importantly what we need to you to know is you're safe, darling. You don't have to worry about a thing. Let mummy and daddy take care of you and just let go for a while. Can you do that for us?" Kingston took a deep breath after his long talk and looked at Oliver to make sure they were on the same page. When he saw Ollie with a grateful and loving look on his face as he watched over Asher, he knew they were okay so he quickly looked back down to his pup.

"Wan' dat dada. Wove mumma," He paused to nuzzle his head into Oliver's sleeve. "And wove daddy wots." Kingston bent down and wrapped Asher and Oliver in a big hug just before giving his pup a kiss on the cheek. The emotions him and his husband were feeling were so strong they were hard to describe. Intense love, caring, and thankfulness that they got so lucky to have Asher as their wonderful pup.

"Sweepy now. We go night-night 'gain?" Asher asked as he brought his parents out of their thoughts.

"Of course, baby. Are you okay now?" Oliver asked, peering down at his little love.

"Kays mama. Cwuddle wif Ashie?" Asher asked, looking up at them before breaking out into another yawn.

"Yeah, sweet boy." Kingston and Oliver got back under the covers, taking Asher with them, and snuggled back up together. "Sweet dreams, baby." He said, giving both his loves a quick kiss on their foreheads and watching their eyes slowly slip closed. Soon enough he felt his eyes slip shut too.

-

a/n - hey guys! thank you so much for reading! don't forget to vote, follow, and comment letting me know what you think :)