~best friends~ chapter 31

Asher's POV

"Lets cowor (color) matchin' wobots!" I put a shaky smile on my face and turned my head towards my new cousin, Sarah.

I need to keep being daddy's brave pup.

"Otay." I said. Sarah reached in front of her and grabbed a blue crayon so I grabbed a green one. We both started drawing our robots quietly, neither of us making a sound. We kind of got lost in our creations after that, at least I did. I was just finishing my robots boxy head when I saw Sarah slowly lower her crayon to the table.

"Sowwys if I came off a wittle bit too stwong. Daddy says yous didn't wike woud t'ings." She said sadly. I tilted my head and looked up at her with a frown. I didn't like seeing my new friend like this.

"It otay, Sawah. I's fo'give yous." I said quickly. "I's jus' don' know yous yet and new peopwe awe scawwy." Her face instantly lightened and I felt proud that I could make her happy again.

"I swear I's be nice an', an' I's won' be too woud anymo'. Jus' wan' Awshie to wike me." For the first time since Sarah came in today I felt a genuine smile spread across my face and I let out a happy squeal sound, surprising us both.

"I's do wike yous. Wike yous wots." I assured her. She went quiet for a moment.

"Awshie?" She asked and I nodded. "We be best fwiends?" Another squeal escaped my lips as I quickly adjusted to the idea of having Sarah around more. It was like something clicked inside of me, telling me I would always be safe around her.

"Yeah p'ease. I's nevew has best fwiend. What it wike?" I asked and she picked up her crayon while grabbing a sheet of plain white paper. She started drawing something I couldn't quite see as she began her explanation.

"Well I's nevew had a best fwiend either bu' it's wike having a pewson yous can tell anything toos. Wike if yous eat a cookie wif out yous daddy's permission and yous don' wannna tell dem, yous tell yous best fwiend." I gasped when she talked about not having daddy's permission. Why would I do that? I'm a good pup. "An', an' yous always has someones toos pway wif. Wike if yous mama's busy I's come over and we pway hide n seek. Or has a tea pawty." When she was done she picked up her piece of paper she'd been working on and showed it to me.

The paper had two stick figures on it drawn in blue and pink crayon. The pink one had a pretty dress on and a tiara while the blue one was slightly shorter and was wearing a onesie. It was Sarah and I holding hands.

"I wove it, Sawah. Fank yous fo' drawing." I clapped my hands together and she got up from her chair, hugging me as best she could in my restraints.

"That's what best fwiends awe fo', Awshie. That's what best fwiends awe fo'."

-

a/n - hey guys! Thank you all so much for reading! Don't forget to vote, follow, and comment what you think of the chapter :)