~daddy's sorry~ chapter 32

Kingston's POV

"They're adorable together, King." I turned away from my brave little pup and looked over towards Michael. We'd been watching them interact together from the door of the playroom and we couldn't hold back our coos when Sarah got up and hugged Asher.

"Yeah, they really are." I replied, returning my gaze back to the two just as Sarah was sitting down, this time closer to Asher, and they continued their drawings.

"So, Steve and I were talking the other night and we were thinking about how we hadn't taken Sarah out of the house for a little field trip in a while and we thought of maybe taking her to the zoo. Seeing as they look like good friends now, would you guys wanna bring Asher along and we can make a little day out of it?" Michael gestured towards our pups when he talked about them being good friends and I couldn't help but agree. They really did look like a grand pair and they would have a great time at the zoo together. There was one about an hour away and it's one of the biggest in the area.

"Yeah, that's a great idea. It'll be good for Asher to get out for a while and visit some new places." Michael nodded in understanding and stepped a little closer to me, turning his body so he hid us from view of the children.

"How's he doing? With the new environment I mean." His voice had lowered and a look of genuine concern decorated his face, showing his almost instant emotional attachment he had to Asher.

"He's been getting better with everything over the past few days but we had a little hiccup earlier this week." I didn't want to explain the whole story at first but I realized Oliver was probably downstairs telling Steve all about it so I continued. "Oliver had a bit of a low patch when everything started settling in for him. Asher had a pretty big breakdown but they talked it all out and I think we're good for now." Michael gave me a worried look.

"What was Ollie thinking about?" I let out a low sigh and began explaining.

"Do you remember when you first got Sarah and Steve went into full daddy mode?" I got a nod in return. "Well, as we both know my love is very sensitive and maternal so hearing all of the things that Asher had to go through wasn't easy for him." He nodded again in understanding.

"Did Asher tell you the name of the pack? Anything you can use to track them down?" Before Michael became my second in command he was one of the best warriors in the pack and he still adopted those protective skills he had learned. Anyone could tell those said skills were currently pushing through. I would be lying if I said my instincts weren't pushing it either.

"Yeah. Some pack called The Dark Moon. I've never heard of them before but I contacted Ben the other day and he's gonna look through some things for me." Michael looked pleased by my answer but he continued to press on.

"What's your plan for when you do find out where it is or who's running it?" I'd been thinking about that a lot recently. I have so much I want to do to those fuckers that hurt my pup.

"I'm gonna shut the pack down, sentence any of the people there that supported his trauma or did nothing to stop it to life in the cells, and as for the Alpha?" I took a deep breath as to not get too worked up. "Him and anyone who touched my child in a harmful matter will be punished by death at my hands." My eyes turned black as I thought of our revenge and my wolf was getting angry at the unknown faces of our enemies. I really needed to get back to Oliver and calm down or things could get dark.

"What can Steve and I do to help?" He asked urgently.

"Can you guys come with me when it happens?" He nodded. "I'm also gonna need you to put together a group of warriors to travel with us, just in case." I took another breath in and released it.

"Of course. I want to see them all suffer just as much as you do." I smiled up at my best friend, lightening the mood. He was always there for me when I needed him to be.

"Thank you, Mike. I'll let you know when I get more information." With that last little sentimental bit we decided to drop the topic. He knew as well as I did where it could lead and neither of us wanted to deal with two crazed up wolves.

"Papa wook!" Our heads suddenly snapped towards Sarah as she held up a piece of paper with a blue robot on it covered in glitter.

"Dada, I's makes wobot. An', an' it got gwitter. Wook at all da gwitter." Michael started walking towards Sarah as I turned towards Asher. He was holding up a matching sheet of paper only this one had a green robot on it. He had one of the biggest smiles on his face and I couldn't help the proud look that crossed mine.

"It's beautiful, sweetie. You did so well!" I praised him and crouched down in front of his low high chair, using my thumb to wipe some lone glitter from his cheek. "I think it deserves to go on the fridge, hun. Should we go show mama and see what he thinks?" He giggled when I leaned in and kissed his cheek before nodding along. I started unbuckling him and placed him on my hip, getting ready to turn towards Sarah and Michael when I felt some warmth pressed into my chest.

"I've got to go change this little one." I informed the pair.

"Sarah needs a change too. We'll meet you downstairs in a few minutes." Asher and Sarah both hid themselves out of embarrassment and we both chuckled before making our way to our opposite destinations. Sarah's been over to our house a lot so I wasn't worried about Michael knowing where he needed to go to change her. When we got to the nursery I laid Asher down on the changing mat and started to carefully remove his clothes. When I removed his nappy and the cold air hit his inner thighs and bits he whined loudly and tried to pull himself back .

"What is it, darling?" I asked softly and I was about to continue my questioning when I saw the irritated skin between his legs and felt how full his diaper was.

"Dada 'uwrts (hurts)." His eyes started to get all teary and I immediately went into my daddy mode.

"I'm so, so sorry, sweet boy. Daddy's so sorry. I should have checked your nappy while you were playing, huh?" I pulled the drawer out from underneath the table and grabbed some rash cream. Asher whimpered when he felt the cool substance on his red skin. "I know, baby boy. It'll feel better soon. I'm really sorry, love." No amount of apologizing could make up for how I was feeling right now. I quickly finished with the cream and sprinkled some baby powder over him before reaching for one of the sensitive diapers and strapping it on to my pup.

"You're okay now, lovely. Everything's alright." I soothed him the second I had his onesie back on. He pushed his face into my chest as I cradled him in my arms and he let out a few soft sniffles. I bounced him lightly to keep him occupied while I grabbed his blanket from the crib and wrapped him up tightly. He let out a little content sigh when he was back resting comfortably against my warm body.

"Now, how about we go show mama that beautiful drawing of yours?"

-

a/n - hey guys! Thank you all so much for reading! Don't forget to vote, follow, and comment what you think of the chapter :)