~proud~ chapter 16

Kingston's POV

"I just ordered a stuffed Uniqua, Tyrone, Pablo, Tasha, and Austin off of Amazon. They'll be here in two days." Oliver said with a chuckle and a large grin as he closed the laptop, scooting over on the bed and pushing himself into my side. I wrapped my arm around him and kissed the side of his head. "He deserves it after how good he was today." Oliver added.

He was right, Asher was really good today. A bit of a rocky morning but we had more play time and a lovely movie night in our theatre room. According to our pup he'd never seen Beauty And The Beast so we ended up watching that. He absolutely loved it and we're watching the live action version tomorrow. We put him to bed a few hours ago after he had some more milk and he's been sleeping soundly in his room since.

"And I'll have Michael go out to the mall tomorrow for that TV." I answered Oliver's previous statement. Michael was my Beta and I usually had him go out and get stuff for us if it was needed. I really didn't want to leave Asher tomorrow so I'd say it's necessary.

"Great, thanks babe." He said and cuddled closer to me.

"Of course, lo-" I cut myself off when I heard loud rustling coming from the baby monitor on our nightstand. Oliver grabbed it right as we heard loud cries make their way through the speaker. That was our que. Oliver and I quickly got up and walked into Asher's nursery. We were met with the sight of a distraught Asher sitting up in his crib, tears rapidly falling down his face and quick, shallow breaths escaping him.

"It's alright, darling . I've got you." I said as I picked him up and sat him on my hip while Oliver looked around for a blanket. I walked slowly in circles around the room, patting Asher's bum and rubbing his back while whispering sweet things in his ear. "It's okay, baby. Dada's here. It's all going to be okay." I told him in a hushed voice as he cried. When Oliver found a blanket we moved to the rocking chair and I sat Asher on my lap, Ollie sitting next to us and taking over the back rubbing job.

"What happened, sweet boy? Another bad dream?" Oliver asked after Asher had calmed down a little. Asher just shook his head and a terrified look crossed his face, whimpers starting to work their way past his lips again.

"Sweetheart, you know mummy and daddy would never do anything to hurt you, right?" I asked him, tilting his head up with my pointer finger so he had to look me in the eye. He nodded. "Okay, so you know that when I say this I'm not trying to upset you." I stated and Asher looked up at me curiously. "Talking through what happened in your past might help. It would take the burden off of you and we could take some of that baggage for you. You're not alone anymore, love." I told him, softly stroking his cheek.

"I know." Asher said. I'm guessing he was coming out of his headspace.

"Good boy, darling. Can you try telling us a few things?" I asked him and he slowly nodded. Oliver and I gave him reassuring smiles. I held Asher's hands in my own while Oliver continued to rub Asher's back. "You can do it, baby boy." I added.

"Umm... Where sh-should I s-start?" He asked, his voice a little shaky at first.

"Why don't you start with why you were in the alley?" Oliver asked.

"Okay. Umm... It was a few m-months ago I think. In the house I w-was required to do all of the cooking and cleaning for the pack because I was a p-p-pup. They always told me I was useless and I wasn't good for anything but cleaning up their messes. One night after they all ate dinner I w-was cleaning and Alpha saw that one of the p-plates were chipped. He got r-really mad and s-s-started hitting me. It got fuzzy after a while but I remember him throwing me in the basement when he was done and l-locking the door. He would do that a lot if I messed up but most of the time it wasn't even me. I s-swear I was good. I-I was a g-good b-b-boy." Asher said stuttering pretty bad at the end.

"Of course, sweetheart. You're the best boy." I reassured him and bent down to lightly kiss his head as a signal to continue.

"H-he kept me down there for a few days, I think. When he finally came down it was with a group of alphas." He closed his eyes and paused for a second. "Th-they did stuff to me. It wasn't the first time Alpha did this but it w-was one of the w-worst. It always hurt but this time it hurt really bad. S-so bad." He shook his head. "It was like it never stopped. W-when it did Alpha and his friends beat me really bad. I think I blacked out a few times." He paused again and took as deep a breath as he could. "They left a few hours later. I r-remember a l-lot of laughing and when they s-slammed the door it w-was s-s-so loud. He came back a f-few days later and I j-just r-remember being s-so weak that I c-couldn't m-move or g-get up. Alpha d-didn't like that very much. H-he said I was g-getting t-too w-weak to c-continue being the p-pack p-p-pup so he knocked m-me out and w-when I w-woke up I w-was in the a-alley." He finished and a loud sob finally broke through.

"My lovely, baby boy." I paused and gave him a lingering kiss on his forehead. "I'm so, so sorry you had to go through that but you have just proven to me how strong you truly are. You have had such a hard life yet you pushed through. You made it to the other side and you will never have to go back there again. You're with us now and no one will ever take you away. We love you more than you could ever know, sweetheart and we are so proud of you. Mummy and daddy are so very proud of all that you have done. You're okay now, baby. You're okay." When I finished Asher's tears had dried and Oliver and I both had loving expressions on our faces.

"Love you daddy." Asher said and sat up to kiss my cheek. "Love you too mummy." He added, kissing Oliver's cheek as well. I hugged him close to me and Oliver turned to hug us as well. We broke apart when a large yawn was heard through the room and Asher's eyes started to close.

"Go to sleep, darling boy. Let your mind take a break for a while and let mummy and daddy take care of you, baby." Oliver said and with one final kiss to his forehead he was out.

-
a/n - hey guys! Thank you all so much for reading! Don't forget to vote, follow, and comment what you think of the chapter :)