~baby's first crawl~ chapter 28

Kingston's POV

"See you soon, man." I sighed after pressing the end call button and finishing my previous conversation with my beta, Michael.

I've been in my office for a few hours now, starting off by calling Ben and informing him about Asher and his past. He reassured me that he would find the pack and get back to me as soon as possible with any details. When that was done with I decided to stay and work of some paperwork I'd been putting off so Oliver could have more time with Asher. That all went fine until I was getting ready to wrap things up and Michael called asking about when we wanted to get together. We talked for awhile and decided to meet for a playdate tomorrow afternoon so Asher could meet Sarah, Michael and Steve's pup.

I quickly cleaned up my work and got everything sorted before making my way back upstairs. I carefully opened to door to our bedroom and saw a beautiful sight waiting for me on the bed. Oliver was laying curled up in the middle of the bed on his side gripping Asher tightly to his chest. They were both sleeping peacefully. I tiptoed my way across the room and slowly sat down behind Oliver's back, rubbing it soothingly.

"Wake up, Ollie." I whispered close to his ear and kissed him softly on the lips. He released a low moan and I backed away, not wanting us to get too lost in the moment.

"Too tired to move. I guess you'll just have to stay here and cuddle with us." He shrugged and pushed himself and Asher closer to my sitting form.

"Oh and what a hardship that would be." I chuckled as I laid down on the bed, wrapping my arms around both of my loves.

"Dada, dat yous?" I heard Asher mumbled as I settled in.

"Yeah, sweet boy. It's daddy." I said just as he brought his clenched fists up to rub his half closed eyes. He squirmed around in Oliver's and my own grip causing us to both let go.

"What's wrong, bug? Do you need to get up?" Oliver asked sounding extremely tired. It was going to be an early night for him.

"Nu, jus' wan' see dada too." Asher said with an adorable pout on his face.

"Well we can fix that, sweetie." I made a move to get up but stopped when a look of concentration crossed my sweet pup. I tapped Oliver on the shoulder and he and I focused our attention on Asher.

Asher grunted as he lifted his small body to his knees and placed both hands flat on the bed, stabilizing himself. He was so drawn to what he was doing that his tongue poked its way past his lips. He picked his hands up and started wobbling from side to side but before I could reach him he fell face first into the soft mattress, his little bottom sticking right up. Oliver and I gasped and he began reaching forward to grab Asher but I stopped him, knowing that he needed to figure it out for himself.

"You can do it, baby. Try again for mama." Oliver encouraged as a second option. I leaned down, pecking his lips. It was already hard to keep myself from helping Asher so I couldn't even begin to imagine what was running through Oliver's head.

Asher grunted in acknowledgment and slowly propped himself up on his elbows, now on all fours. He lifted his head and met our staring gazes, letting out a small whine. I'm assuming he didn't know what to do next.

"You've got it, bubba. Come towards mama and dada. One arm then one leg, hun." I instructed and he nodded unsurely.

Asher slowly moved an arm forward followed by the opposite leg. He made it a few inches before falling down again, this time directly on his tummy. He whined louder now.

"Try again, sweet boy. Third times a charm." Oliver said enthusiastically, his voice full of hope.

Asher inched himself up, bottom half up first and then his top half. He hesitantly moved forward finally getting a hang of things. He wobbled a little but took a second and got himself steady, continuing forward. When he reached Oliver he flopped forward and shimmied over his body, landing with a soft thud in the space between us. Oliver and I let out huge smiles.

"Mama's so proud of you, bug. You did it!" Asher beamed up at us and Oliver bopped him on the nose.

"You're such a good pup, darling. We love you so, so much." I told him seriously and he smiled once again, enjoying his praise.

"Wub mama and dada wots." He replied happily, reaching up and slowly poking my cheek as well as Oliver's making us chuckle.

"What was that for, silly boy?" I asked and his face turned red all over.

"Do you hear that, Kingy?" Oliver asked with a grin and I caught on to his intention immediately.

"I think I do." I said and we both looked down at Asher who met us with a confused gaze. "It's the tickle monster!" I yelled out and Oliver and I started carefully tickling Asher all over. He giggled wildly and squirmed around on the bed, small tears forming and leaking from his eyes. Not sad tears though, these were happy. Extremely happy!

"M-mama, d-d-dada, 'top p'ease!" Oliver and I shared a look.

"I don't know. Oliver, what do you think? Has our sweet boy had enough tickle time yet?" I asked Oliver, continuing on with my gentle assault.

"Yesh. Awshie need toos bweath." Asher gasped out and Oliver and I let up, removing our hands. I scooped Asher up into my arms and allowed him to rest his head on my awaiting shoulder. He caught his breath back up while Oliver rubbed his back and I bounced him, all of us still holding our happy moods.

I couldn't have wished for a better time with my family.

-

a/n - hey guys! Thank you all so much for reading! Don't forget to vote, follow, and comment what you think of the chapter :)