~ouchies pt.2~ chapter 9

Oliver's POV

"Alright so I have good news and bad news. What would we like to start with?" Dr. Evans asked as he came back into the room with a yellow folder in his hands. He finished all the tests about thirty minutes ago and Asher was sleeping soundly on the bed, swaddled in his blanket, Theo in his hold, and his bee paci bobbing between his lips. Everything went fine and he stayed asleep the whole time. We even got to stay in the room with him which was both a heartbreaking and nice experience st the same time. On one hand I knew I was supporting my pup and on the other I had to see every single one of his wounds.

"Good news, please." Kingston's answer brought me out of my thoughts. We stayed sitting together on the bed and King held my hand in his, knowing I needed the support for what we were about to hear.

"Good news, he's going to be okay." King gave my hand a light squeeze. "Bad news, he has a lot of health issues going on." Another squeeze, this time accompanied by a light caress of my knuckles. "The most obvious one being extreme malnutrition. From the looks of his tests he hasn't been properly fed in years. He has almost no muscle mass which in the future will lead to him being very weak and I'm not sure that's going to change. Along with all that it seems he has had a number of broken bones throughout the years that didn't heal correctly. In most cases I would rebreak the bones and treat them properly however they've been ignored for so long that it wouldn't really help anything." A small kiss to the palm of my now opened hand. "Long term we're looking at loss of mobility. You'll have to carry him the majority of the time however he might be able to crawl eventually. I don't recommend having him walk, it would cause more damage than it would fix." Picking me up and lightly placing me on his lap. "Now I suppose we should talk scars. He has whip marks, belt marks, burns, and what looks like knife or possibly glass wounds. I'm not sure but they'll most likely fade over time. Not entirely but a little. And one more thing before we move on. There's traces of anal ripping and scarring in that general area." Cuddling me close and running his hand through my hair. "So ultimately extreme sexual and physical abuse." As the doctor finished I wondered why Kingston had pulled me towards him until I heard loud sobbing, waiting a second I realized the loud sobbing was coming from me. I took a deep breath and wiped my eyes before looking towards Dr. Evans and giving him a nod to continue.

"Now, there are things we can do to help him gain some strength as well as make him healthy again. That's where, Luna, you would be very helpful. When you get a pup as your mate your body will adjust to provide for them. Just like male omegas going into heat. It's not for certain but you could start breastfeeding." He paused to gauge our reactions. I was completely fine with it. Providing for my pup would be my greatest honor in life. "You'll notice your nipples will start feeling more sensitive and your breasts will grow slightly. Not an extreme change but it'll be noticeable to you. When you do start feeling these changes don't force anything on him. Let Asher make the first move to breastfeed. Does that make sense?" We both nodded. "Breastfeeding wont supply him with everything of course. I would have him feed every morning before breakfast, before afternoon naps, and before bedtime. I'm also going to prescribe you a formula that will give him all of the nutrients he needs and that can be a good alternative. Breakfast should be fruit, lunch probably baby food, and he can have dinner with you but smaller portions and I would stay away from any sauces. His stomach is going to be sensitive and that will mess with things. Moving on from that, his immune system is very weak right now so I'm also going to prescribe a suppository. One should be inserted every day when he wakes up. As of right now that's everything. Do you have any questions for me before you head out?" I was frozen in my spot on Kingston's lap. He'd just given us so much terrible information at once and all I really wanted to do right now was take my baby boy home and wrap him in my arms forever.

"I think we're good for right now. Thank you so much, Dr. Evans." King replied so I didn't have to.

"It was my pleasure, Alpha. I'm sorry I couldn't bring good news today." He gave us both a sympathetic smile. "Your medication and formula will be on the first floor pharmacy so you can go get those and then take your pup home." We said our goodbyes and he left the room, leaving Kingston and I with our sad thoughts.

"He's gonna be okay, love. He's gonna be just fine." Kingston whispered in my ear. "I'm gonna go get his things from downstairs. Why don't you take him to the car and we'll go home?" Goddess, King really was the best mate I could ever ask for. He was always there for me, even when he was dealing with his own hardships, he would always think about me first.

"Yeah, that sounds good." Before I even had the chance to think about standing up I was being swept to my feet and placed on the ground, Kingston giving me a long, hard kiss as his goodbye and I watched him walk out the door.

I quickly turned around and saw Asher in the same place I left him. I picked him up, bundle and all, and held him to my chest, one hand underneath his bum and the other supporting his head.

"Mama loves you so, so much little one." I whispered knowing he can't hear me but still feeling like it had to be said. "Now lets get you home." I pulled him closer and left the cold, sad room behind me.

-

a/n - hey guys! Thank you all so much for reading! Don't forget to vote, follow, and comment what you think of the chapter :)