~surprise~ chapter 37

Kingston's POV

"Thanks for all the help, Michael. We'll see you guys next weekend." I told Michael as we finished up our business call.

"Of course. I'll have Steven call Oliver with the details about the zoo. Now, go spend time with your pup." He said with a chuckle.

"I know you're wanting to see Sarah just as much as I am Asher." We'd been working on some basic pack maintenance for the past four hours and we've been trying to push it along as quickly as possible to get to our pups and husbands. "Don't even try to pass it off as only me." I laughed along with him.

"Alright, see you later, King. Have a good night with Asher." Michael said.

"Same to you, dude." We exchanged our goodbyes and I hung up. I quickly cleaned up the office a tad bit and made my way downstairs to look for Oliver and Asher. When I got to the living room I saw my pup and husband fast asleep on the couch with Toy Story 2 playing in the background. Asher looked adorable curled up on Oliver's legs with his head on Ollie's stomach. I tiptoed my way over to the couch and kneeled down next to Oliver's head, slowly running my hand through his hair.

"Wake up, love." I told him softly as his eyes blinked open.

"Mmmm." He hummed, closing his eyes again. "Come lay with us, baby. M'cold." I chuckled lowly and awkwardly stepped over Oliver's body. I laid down next to him and draped one arm over his chest, using my free hand to rub Asher's back and neck.

"How was work?" Oliver questioned, eyes still closed.

"Very dull without you guys there." I told him in a whisper, trying not to wake Asher.

"Figured."

"Oh hush. You're just mad I had to leave." I said playfully. "I was on the phone with Michael for a while and he said Steven would call you soon to talk about going to the zoo with them so look out for that." Oliver gave me an incredulous look.

"I hate to break it to you but I'm half asleep and I'm not going to remember any of that." He said, his words sounding almost slurred.

"That's okay, I'll remind you." I told him.

"Always the reliable one." Oliver said with a sleepy smile on his face. "Love you, baby." He reminded me.

"Love you too, darling." I stopped my hand movements when Asher suddenly let out a string of incoherent mumbles and rolled his little body over. Oliver and I stayed quiet until Asher's breathing evened out again and he seemed content. "How was your guys' day?" I asked him.

"It was good. Asher seemed to really like the chest wrap so I think I'll do that with him more often." I hummed my agreement. Even when I was only down here for a little bit I could tell Asher enjoyed the chest to chest time with his mummy. "I cleaned up around here, mostly Asher's playroom. No more glitter during arts and crafts unless you wanna clean it up." Oliver gave me a pointed look.

"Hey, you know how Sarah gets." I defended myself but Oliver didn't let up. "Okay, I'll clean it up next time." I said making sure to leave in the 'next time' because Asher really liked the glitter and I wasn't gonna be the one that took it away from him.

"You know, with everything that's been going on we totally forgot about thanksgiving." Oliver said.

"Yeah, I guess we did. It's odd, we have a lot to be thankful for this year with finding Asher and all." I brought my hand down and resumed rubbing Asher's back.

"I never fail to remember how lucky we are to have him." Oliver said, agreeing with me. "If thanksgiving just passed that means Christmas is right around the corner." He said.

"Our pups first Christmas." I said with a smile on my face and looked down at Asher lovingly.

"We should do something tonight. Maybe go see some lights or something." I nodded along.

"That sounds great, darling. Asher would love that." Just as I said my pups name he began to stir awake, turning over and cuddling close to both Oliver and I.

"Mummy an' daddy?" Asher asked tiredly, reaching his arms out towards us. It seems he aged up a little bit since this morning.

"Yeah, sweetpea. We're right here." I told him as I grabbed him under his armpits and pulled him against my chest, gently cradling him to my body.

"Did you have a nice nap, baby boy?" Oliver asked our pup as he ran his fingers through Asher's long curly hair.

"Good mummy. You's warm." Oliver and I both chuckled.

"That's good, sweetheart. I'm glad." Oliver told Asher.

"What's we doin' to'ight?" He tilted his head, his tongue peaking out and I swear I almost died of cuteness.

"Well now that you mention it... it's a surprise!"

To be continued...

-

a/n - hey guys! ahhh surprise update!!! i think i like this chapter for once... what did you guys think of it??

anyways let me know !! don't forget to vote and i hope you all have a lovely day/night!! :)

*p.s. what christmas stuff would you guys like to see asher, kingston, and oliver do together??*