~mama~ chapter 27

Oliver's POV

Pup sad! Need to go help pup!

I heard my wolf complain to me and I heard Asher's cries but he probably just got a little fussy when he woke up from his afternoon nap. Don't get me wrong, I want nothing more than to go to my sweet boy and cuddle him until he feels content again, in fact that's the only thing me and my wolf and I want right now, but I'm too scared I'll end up breaking down in front of him. I just couldn't bring my thoughts away from his old pack and how we searched for years but I didn't try hard enough to find him. If I would've just looked a little more I could have saved him from years of torture. But I didn't. I let my pup get beat and raped. It was all my fault.

Pup need us! Go to him now, Oliver!

I took my wolfs tone seriously this time as he's never talked to me like that before. My baby really does need me. I quickly jumped out of the bath, dried off just enough to be considered remotely done, and threw on my robe.

"Ashie baby, just a little whi-" I entered the room and stopped Kingston from continuing. I silently cursed at myself at the sight in front of me. Asher was hitting King's chest and crying his eyes out, struggling to get away from Kingston's strong grip. It sent me straight into mummy mode.

"What's wrong, sweet boy? What happened?" I asked Asher urgently, as Kingston willingly placed him in my awaiting arms.

"M-m-mama." Asher mumbled brokenly into my neck and I rubbed his back.

"I'm here, baby. Mama's right here." He continued his sobbing but I felt his hands move to the front of my robe. He clenched it tightly in his fists and inhaled my scent. "That's it, bug. Just like that." I continued rubbing his back as I walked us over to the bed and sat down against the headboard. When I got settled Asher started pulling at my robe more and whining.

"He needs skin to skin, love. Needs to feel close to you." Kingston told me as he approached us. Asher didn't even look up, he just kept whining and I could tell his pup was distressing him.

"Hold him to your chest, please, and keep his face hidden. I don't wanna leave the room but I need to change." I told King and he nodded as I handed our pup over. Asher started struggling even more when Kingston did as I told him and couldn't see me anymore.

"It's okay, bug. Mama just needs one second." I told him calmly even though I was feeling the opposite. I quickly changed into a pair of sweatpants, not bothering to put on any underwear, and sat back down. When Asher heard me come back he pushed his way out of King's arms and launched himself into my lap. "It's alright, baby boy." I soothed him as I rocked us back and forth.

"I have some business I need to attend to downstairs, love." Kingston told me, covering us in the thick comforter from the bed. "Talk to him, baby. His wolf won't leave him alone until you guys straighten everything out." I nodded sadly, knowing he was right. Kingston smiled and kissed my forehead as well as Asher's before leaving the room, closing the door softly behind him.

"Can you tell mama what's wrong, bug?" I crooned in his ear when he calmed down a few minutes later.

"Mama sad?" He asked me as his answer and I felt even worse.

"Yeah, sweet boy. Mama is sad but it's not your fault, hun, I promise." I reassured him but I saw a large frown form on his face.

"Tell Awshie why sad." He demanded and I knew I owed him an answer.

I took a deep breath before asking, "Could you come out of your headspace for a few minutes, sweetheart?" Asher looked at me with concern written all over him and I could tell he was already halfway there.

"What's wrong, mama?" He asked me in a much clearer voice but I was taken aback when he continued to call me mama. Usually when he comes out he calls us by our first names but this felt different. Like I was truly his mom in and out of his headspace.

"I've b-been thinking a lot a-about you a-and y-your past." I paused and Asher nuzzled his face into my neck. "A-and I'm s-so s-s-sorry, baby. I should've t-tried h-harder t-to f-find you b-but I d-didn't. I-if I w-w-would've j-just looked a-a l-little m-more I c-could've g-gotten t-to you f-faster. I f-failed y-y-you." By the time I was done my whole body was shaking with sobs and I could feel Asher crying as well. "J-just p-please d-don't hate m-me, h-hun. I d-don't think I w-would b-be able to l-live with that." I heard Asher gasp loudly and he lifted his head from my body.

"Mama no. What happened to me is not your fault. I love you and daddy so much, you guys saved me from all of that. If you hadn't of found me when you did I would've died. Whether it was now or four years ago the ending is the same. I still would've had the same trauma and it probably would've been just as bad but none of it would ever be your fault." Asher told me in a voice more stern than I thought he was capable of. "I love you guys more than anything else in this world and I am so, so thankful to be here. You are the best mama ever and I'm so glad that I get to share so many special moments with you. You're my mama and you always will be." A wave of relief washed over me and the wolf inside that had been restless was starting to calm down.
Our pup loved us and it wasn't my fault.

"I love you, bug." I told him sincerely and he nodded into my neck.

"I know, mama. I always know." I hugged him close to my body and rocked myself back and forth on the bed in a soothing motion. I need Asher to feel content before I could be fully settled and move on from all of this doubt. "Mama, I'm tired now." He told me quietly and I checked the clock next to us. 4:37 pm. A little nap wouldn't hurt.

"You wanna take a small nap, baby?" I asked him.

"Can we cuddle?" He asked, his cheeks flushing a deep red and for the first time in a few hours I smiled a real smile.

"Of course, darling." I carefully laid down flat on my back and adjusted Asher so his chest was flush with my own. He cuddled into me and inhaled my scent once again as I pulled the covers tighter around us.

"Thank you, sweet boy. Mama loves you." I said as I saw his eyes closing.

"Love you too, mama." He said softly before falling asleep. I placed a lingering kiss to his forehead and fell asleep right along with him.

-

a/n - hey guys! Thank you all so much for reading! Don't forget to vote, follow, and comment what you think of the chapter :)