~cuddlies~ chapter 20

Oliver's POV

"Good afternoon, bug." I whispered softly into Asher's ear. He had just woken up from his post lunch nap and I didn't want to startle him, especially if he was still so young. After his morning nap he played on his activity mat for a while and then got tired again so I gave him some more milk and set him down for another nap in his rocker.

"Sweepin' mama." He mumbled as he rubbed his eyes with clenched fists. I rubbed his back and bounced him lightly to try and wake him more but he just nuzzled his face into my neck and let out a high pitched whine.

"How old are you, love?" I asked because he seemed to be a few years older than this morning.

"Two!" He exclaimed as he woke himself up so he could show me his fingers. He proudly held up four of them.

"Two is this many, baby." I told him and lowered two of his fingers.

"Sowwy mama." He said sadly, lowering his head. A frown appearing on his face.

"Oh it's okay, bug. You're such a smart boy. I bet you just added extra just in case." I said with a light chuckle and his smile returned as he nodded happily. "Do you need a diaper change, sweet boy?" I asked him when I felt how warm his bottom was.

"Yea mama." Asher said as he brought his thumb up to his mouth and started sucking. As we entered the nursery I grabbed a pink binkie and placed it to his lips, removing his thumb in the process. While he sucked away I grabbed his teddy and handed it to him. I quickly got his diaper changed and picked him up when his onesie was strapped back on.

"Where dada, mama?" Asher asked around his binkie as we walked downstairs towards the living room.

"Dada is downstairs talking to your uncle Steven." I said as I soon heard their voices coming from the front door.

"Who dat?" He said with an adorable confused expression on his face.

"Why don't we go say hi and you can see?" I questioned and he got all shy. He pressed himself close to my side and hid his head in my neck, wrapping his arms tightly around me. "It's okay, bug. You'll love him." I said as we approached the pair.

"Who is this, Oliver?" Steven asked me with an excited look on his face.

"This is Asher and Asher this is your uncle Steven. Can you say hi, babe?" I asked him and he shook his head. "Please, sweet boy?" He slowly lifted his head and hesitantly waved towards Steven's direction.

"Hello Asher, it's wonderful to meet you, love." He said with a large smile on his face. "Who's that in your hand?" He asked, nodding towards the stuffed animal in Asher's arms. Asher's face lit up with a huge smile and he thrusted the bear towards his uncle.

"Dis is Theo, uncle Stevie!" Asher practically yelled.

"Well it's nice to meet Theo too. Is Theo your best friend?" He asked and Asher nodded wildly. "You know, your cousin Sarah has a stuffy too that I'm sure she'd love to introduce you to." Asher looked at him in awe.

"Sawah nice?" Asher asked quietly, suddenly getting scared.

"She's very nice, hun. You and her would get along great. In fact, she's very excited to meet you." Steven informed and Asher looked a bit surprised. "Hey, I have an idea. Why don't we all have dinner together in a few days?" Asher nodded at that, seeming excited to be making a real friend.

"That's a great idea, Steve. We'll make more specific plans tomorrow." Kingston said with a grin.

"Good, good. Now, I should be getting back. It was nice meeting you Asher and I hope to see you all soon." Steven walked over to Asher and kissed his cheek before giving me and Kingston small nods and walking through the door, closing it softly behind him.

"Why was Steve here?" I asked Kingston.

"He was dropping off the TV and he brought us a package that arrived." He said and held up a large amazon package with a smile on his face.

"I wonder what that could be, baby boy." I said to Asher and bounced him lightly.
"What mama? Is it for Awshie?" He asked excitedly.

"Yeah bug, all for you. Wanna go into the living room and open it up?" I asked him as Kingston and I started walking to the living room, leaving the TV behind so we could set it up after Asher went to bed. When we got to the couch I sat down with Asher in my lap and Kingston sat next to us.

"Okay sweetheart, close your eyes." He said to Asher. Asher screwed his eyes shut.

"Cwosed dada. Not even peeking." He said proudly. Kingston and I chuckled as I brought my hands up to cover Asher's eyes.

"Alright baby, you can open." Kingston said after he placed all the stuffed animals in a line in front of Asher, Uniqua in the middle of course.

"You got me's da people from backyawdigans?" He gasped loudly and quickly bent forward to scoop them all into his arms. "Fank yous dada" He leaned over and pecked Kingston on the cheek. "Fank yous mama." He did the same for me.

"You're welcome sweet boy. We just figured since you were such a good boy you deserved a reward." I told him before kissing his head lightly and allowing him to go back to playing with his stuffed animals.

"Wook it's Uniqua dada!" Asher yelled and pushed the plushie in Kingston's face.

"I see, sweetheart. I'm glad you like your new stuffed animals." King told him.

"Dey my cuddwies dada." Asher said pointedly.

"Of course, darling." Kingston replied and smiled sweetly at our boy. "Your cuddlies." He finalized.

"Hey, speaking of rewards, I think we need to make some rules for you, bug."

To be continued...

-

a/n - hey guys! Thank you all so much for reading! Don't forget to vote, follow, and comment what you think of the chapter :)