Part 2

The wedding happened in US like he wanted and my parents couldn't come  because of the visa issues. We could have waited for them more but Atharv was supposed to go for an internship at oxford to enhance his experience for two years so we had to procced. He met me once before the wedding to tell me he can't wait to make me his. I was relieved . They blessed us on video call. It was an intimate affair with only his family and his friends and mine. He stole the whole show with his confidence and his smooth behaviour while i was anxious the whole time. There was a nagging feeling about not having my parents around but we couldn't do anything about it. We had to go through the paperwork too as he was the US citizen and I was still an Indian citizen on a scholarship. Though i never told him to do that he still got all the work covered. We had a week together before he left and he made sure that I will remember every day of that week in his absence for two years.                                      

The first day after the wedding was spent in unpacking my whole stuff in the house our parents gifted us together as a wedding gift. His family house was fifteen minutes down the lane so his mom was there to help us to settle in. It was a cozy cottage. We had two bedrooms, one guest bedroom, a beautiful kitchen and a small dining area. Atharv couldn't cook and I didn't mind because we split the work. He wanted to have the washing duty. It was a hectic day but we still managed to stare at each other. He rarely smiled at me but smirked whenever he will find me looking at him for a bit longer than necessary. I would hide my face. When his mother left us alone in the evening i made my mind to have a normal conversation with him like every couple should do. I mentally memorised everything i wanted to ask him since our university time . I stood outside our bedroom and knocked lightly as he was inside and it was still awkward to me to just barge in. "You don't need to knock Sanjana" his reply was calm. I cringed at my stupidity and went inside with a cup of coffee for him . He didn't came down before so I brought it up for him. But he was nowhere to be seen . I put the the mug on bedside table ,when someone said close to my ear " I don't like mess on the bed so next time don't bring it up here" . I got startled. Who the fuck says something close to your ear especially when they are behind you? " I am sorry, didn't knew you were a neat freak" I snapped. I didn't meant it to come like that but it was our first day after being married and i felt like he made me conscious about the cleaning though I just wanted to help him. He smiled like but it didn't made me smile too . It looked sinister like he was enjoying that i got hurt. I sat on my side of the bed and pretended to watch my phone. He went downstairs and i could hear the tv . I felt bad . Our first day wasn't supposed to go like this. We should be together I thought and started crying silently. We did the dinner at 8 pm . It was my first time cooking for him. He didn't said anything about the food and i was too coward to ask how was it. I didn't wanted to wait for him like a desperate wife who is touch deprived so i just put my plate in the sink and rushed to the bedroom. I was anxious. It was eating me that I didn't know what we are supposed to do , seal the deal or just pretend to ignore each other. That's what happens when you get married without actually dating someone .

Do vote and comment if you like this chapter.