Part 31

We were in Atharv's car , driving to his friends home . His friend whose name was Stanny told us to meet him and his girlfriend at their house, from there we are supposed to go to the cabin in the woods for the trip. I was nervous. I didn't know how he will react infront of his friends and how will i behave . Atharv's car was a sedan and it was my third or fourth time in it. It was strange for us and i could see he was nervous and awkward too. It just dampens my mood more , seeing him disliking me too much. Stanny was a redhead and so handsome looking. He had the body of a model and an easy nature. He was joking around me like we were not strangers who met for the first time. I was very comfortable with him and his girlfriend Eloise was very nice too. They put our bags in their van and told us to get inside the back seat . We settled ourselves beside each other and i put some distance between us . Atharv noticed but said nothing. Soon we were off on the road. Little drizzle was happening so i asked Stanny if I could open the window just a bit?, to which he laughed and said obviously yes . Atharv stared at me looking annoyed like i asked something absurd. I mouthed "what" . He simply shook his head in denial. I didn't wanted to go to woods. It was a bad idea . Greenery attracts insects and what not. I have never found interest in nature. I put my earphones inside my head and closed my eyes.

I woke with a jerk . My head collided with the back of Eloise seat and I cried "ouch" . Stanny apologised to me and scolded Atharv for not keeping me safe . I was quick to say it's my fault. But I felt Atharv's hand around my waist, hoisting me up and close to him. I looked into his eyes and found him examining my forehead. He touched it with his fingers and I flinched. I waited for him to tell me something mean but he just brushed my hair with his fingers. "Sit back and don't close your eyes" he said calmly as if talking to a child. I nodded in understanding and did what he said. We stopped at the gas station for bathroom break. I talked with Eloise as she bombared me with her questions relating to marriage. I tried to give her neutral answers, incase she revealed something to Atharv . I promised myself after what happened with Atharv, to never trust anyone again, despite how good or innocent they seem. She was satisfied with my answers. She told me i was a lucky woman , who got such a good natured guy . I plastered my fake smile and agreed with her. When we got back to the car , both the guys weren't looking that cheery as we left them to be. Eloise was the first one to ask "what's wrong with you two?" . "Nothing babe. Just arguing about some petty stuff" Stanny answered hugging her and kissing her right cheek. Eloise smiled and it made me smile too. She  had a pretty face and when she smiled, it showed her perfect set of teeth. I observed his piercing gaze on me and i got my clue . I avoided seeing him and made my way to the other side of the car. Once we were all inside, Stanny put the radio on . He said it was his and Atharv's favourite playlist ,when they were kids. I didn't wanted to admit but it was a good one. It was dark when we reached our destination and i was beyond amazed to see that it wasn't what I expected it to be. It was like a beautiful hotel made of wood in the middle of the wilderness. Looking at it, made me nostalgic of the hotel i read about in the book "pyscho". A sad thought came inside my mind, wish I would've been lucky to enjoy it with someone who loved me not with someone who finds pleasure in hurting me.

Do vote and comment if you like this chapter.