Part 26

I woke with a cruciating pain in my lower abdomen. I knew before I opened my eyes, my periods are there. I could feel it between my legs. I sat up and checked the time. Eleven in the morning. I was late. So damn late. I saw few drops of blood on the bedsheets too. Shit . I made my way to the washroom and did what needed to be done. After i was finished, I couldn't find the strength to go downstairs and fix something. So i walked slowly towards the bed and lied down . The first day was always painful. The other two , less so. Suddenly I realised that I left the dirty bed sheets on the corner . I made a note to clean it before he came back home and tried to relax . My phone buzzed . For a moment I thought , it would be Atharv asking me if was up or not. But then i realised he won't bother. Nothing related to me matters to him. It was my dad . I picked it and tried to talk with him moaning with cramps. Moreover not eating something was making my headache . He was saying something when i fell into deeper sleep and tuned out his voice. I just wanted to stop the pain. When I opened my eyes again, Atharv was standing by the window at my side, staring me up and down with a stoic expression. He was wearing his formal clothes,which he usually wore at university. Was it evening already? Did i took such a long nap? I involuntarily checked the time , one pm it read. I sat up and regressive it quickly because a sharp cramp shoot up my waist. I tied my hair in a bun and looked at him and asked "Why are you early back home?" . He took a deep breath and questioned me back, "Does it bothers you that i m back?" . I was quiet. I didn't have to lie to him. He already knew how I felt. "Your dad called me in the middle of my class, that you fainted and not saying anything, so i need to check on her and guess what ," he sat on the edge of my side, facing me " i found you sleeping without any care" he smiled ,it was forced. "I can explain" I offered but he took my hand in his and squeezed it gently, "no need , i saw the bed sheets" . My face heated. For a moment ,his hand felt good in mine or it was just the hormones.I opened my mouth to say sorry but he shushed me by saying "if you just had taken the time to put something in your mouth, you wouldn't have wasted your dad's time or mine".

It hurted , when he said it so bluntly. I wouldn't have taken it so personally if it wasn't about mood swings but he sounded like i did it for attention. I took my hand out of his . He noticed. I got up and tried to move past him when he suddenly stood infront of me , blocking my path. "So now you will show me the attitude , huh?" he challenged. I knew I can't win against it him ,so tried to move from the other side ,ignoring him. He caught my wrist and pushed me on the bed. "Ahh" i moaned with pain. My eyes watered with his rough pushing. He put his knee on one side of my leg and hovered over my body , pinning me with his strong grip. "Getting smart ,aren't we?" he said. Looking deep into my eyes, Atharv placed his hand slowly on my stomach and pressed it . "You gonna stay up in the house for this whole week , that's what you get for making me take care of you, you understand?" he asked angrily. How did he think he could say that? I didn't do it purposely. 

Do vote and comment if you like this chapter.