Part 34

We went to see the bonfire and it was so chilly my hands were literally freezing. We joined the circle and people were enjoying themselves with songs and jokes. Atharv and Stanny talked about their childhood. I never saw Atharv smiling so much at anything and i felt like it was because he never had any reason to, infront of me especially. Stanny was very talkative and I enjoyed his stories.  At few times, i even caught Atharv staring at me and i felt conscious. I concluded he might not want me to enjoy the stories of his good days spent with his friends. Eloise also chimmed in with her adventures of high school. She was very shy in her teenage. Eloise asked me about my school life and I respectfully said it was okay. But then Stanny insisted that i tell them at least two stories about my childhood. So i did . "I wasn't shy during my school time. I was quite chatty. I was good at studies and other academic activities. But i was zero in sports. I hated it. My parents were not happy with me because i was very foolish in making new friends. That's it" . Eloise asked me about my exes ,and i told her i had one. "Come on, tell something more. These guys are eating our ears off with their mischievous stories, you have to be elaborate about your previous relationship experience too" she screamed over the music. I looked at Atharv involuntarily and found him watching the flames, as if it didn't bother him, so I decided it was alright to tell. He never cared to ask . So did i ,but i knew his ex girlfriend . She was our senior in university.

"Umm... his name was Jay and we dated for five years from my high school till my college. We had a very close bond . He was exceptionally good natured. We were crazy about each other. But then I decided to come to US and things started to fall out. I didn't wanted to end it. But there wasn't any option. Lack of communication made us accept it" i finished with a sigh. "So was he hot?" Eloise asked impatiently "did you guys do something...naughty ?" Stanny elbowed her slightly. But she didn't budge. "Yeah. Everyone does ...we did too. I miss that time" fuck ! What did i just say? "I mean i miss the teenage enthusiasm and optimism about life . When we get old , we just get overburdened by responsibilities, it's hard to be carefree again" I tried my best to change what I confessed and Stanny agreed to it along with Eloise who was busy telling her fling stories again. She nudged me after sometime and whispered "i saw some tension between you too, so I thought let's make him jealous. Now you will get hot rough sex tonight" she winked like it was the best thing. How should I tell her that he won't be jealous because there is no love and sex is just fucking ."Water ?" Atharv asked , looking at me. I gulped. "Yes" I replied and he passed me the bottle. When i took a sip, it was bitter. I spat it out. It was vodka. I quizzically stared at him. "What happened?" Eloise inquired. "I think I accidentally gave her vodka. I should have checked, my bad." Atharv answered her smiling. He got up from his chair and crouched down infront of me, "Let's get back to room, Sanjana. You seem tired." He stroked my hairs and put them behind my ears. I got up and took his extended hand. "You both ..going so soon?" Stanny laughed. "Yes , we are tired" Atharv responded with his easy smile.

Do vote and comment if you like this chapter.