Part 37

I woke early than him today. And the moment my eyes focused on him all the bad feelings came back to my head. I shouldn't be here , punished by him when I didn't even do anything wrong to him. I made my way to the bathroom and got inside the hot shower. I prayed to go back from here so I can finally not try to prove to his friends about the harsh reality of our relationship. He was still asleep when i got outside so i picked my purse and phone and left him alone in the room. I talked to the receptionist about any trail which I could use for some walk and he directed me to it. I just wanted some alone time even for few minutes. During my walk , I almost had the urge to call my parents and tell them everything. But I couldn't. I still needed some financial settlement here through a job so i can at least not depend on them . I really craved to talk to someone but my plans got interrupted by seeing Stanny. He was smoking in the garden and waved at me when he noticed. I waved back . Oh no ...leave me alone. I deserve some me time for tolerating your insane friend. "Hey Sanjana! What's up...you walking alone or Atharv is with you too?" He was acting too cheerful for his own sake. Well , "I am alone ...he is sleeping ...I think he was tired from drinking last night" I offered. Stanny looked here and there and this made me feel something odd, like he was about to say something but decided against it. Too late , i was curious now. "Is everything fine?...you look very thoughtful" i asked him directly. He shook his head and I couldn't force him further. "Alright then ...i m going back to my room, see you and Eloise at breakfast" I smiled and passed him to go back .

He held my harm, and i turned "Wait.. um.. i do want to ask you something, if you don't mind?" . I nodded my head in a yes . He began " so i wanted to ask that, do Atharv treats you good? ... i mean i know he would but yesterday at the gas station he told me that he doesn't because he isn't over his past with his dad but I thought it was a joke...but he wasn't laughing, that's why there was tension between us" . I took a deep breath and answered him "He hates me Stanny , he is just hellbent on taking his revenge from me for something I didn't even do." He looked disappointed, so i continued "I am stuck in this relationship and please help me if you really mean well , because I might not do anything today but I will definitely take my revenge and he will pay for putting me through this" . "I am sorry Sanjana, wish I could have known about you guys before you got married, I wouldn't have let this happen. I will inform his parents and they will make him understand" he was apologising on his behalf when i cut him off " his parents don't believe me , i have tried already. His mom think he is changed , she doesn't give a shit about me!" I screamed. "If that's the case, then it might be possible. What if he is in love with you and just is not accepting it because of his ego...i mean i know how much attention he has on you. Maybe you are good for him and you can change him" he took a u turn suddenly. Asshole. "Are you crazy ? Here i m literally telling you that he is blackmailing and harassing me without my consent and you have the audacity to think about him..." i just scratched my nails in my palms , what's wrong with these people? Are they so obsessed with him that no one else feelings matter?. Stanny put his hand on my shoulder and was trying to say something when I noticed Atharv and Eloise coming towards us. So i nudged him and he closed his mouth. I didn't want any drama here. I know he would have noticed it so i changed the topic ," yes i think you should definitely visit India during winters, because you won't be able to tolerate the extreme summers" . He played along.

Do vote and comment if you like this chapter.