Part 30

A week has passed since the kitchen incident and I have been on my guard. This is hell . I keep looking for reasons to be at my best behaviour so as not to fuck anything up and i have succeeded. My reward is that Atharv  didn't approached me at all the whole week . Even after the next day ,he seemed distant. Distant is preferable. I did saw that student of his at university and watched him saying something about me to his friends. He saw the fear on my face too. But didn't care to ask . I have seen no one does care. Maybe they all can sense my despair but nobody asks as if the bruises on my wrist are not visible. My exams are around the corner and i m anxious of what will happen? Will i make it? Or not. I put the pan of leftover soup in the fridge and turned around, only to find him staring at me . I got startled. "Pack your bags , my friend wants to take us on a short trip into the woods" he said looking around kitchen, as if it pains him to take me and only has to because of his friend. "I have my finals from Monday...maybe you can go alone. I won't create any mess in your absence" i offered which got his attention. He took a long breath , exasperated and turned his back to me. "It's for two days and we will be back before Friday , so don't beat around the bush and pack . I m going to my parents house to inform them." What no commands or anger? This is not a response I expected he will say. He picked his phone from the table and went outside the kitchen.    

I went upstairs and packed my things in a bag. I decided to keep one extra pair of jacket too , incase it was too cold. It didn't took much time. I decided to clean the spare rooms today . When i was cleaning the tv room i saw a file beneath the stand . Atharv never keeps his important files on improper places and neither do i ..then whose file was it? At first I didn't wanted to peek , afraid it might belong to him and he would definitely see it as some reason to touch me , but the curiosity got the best of me and i gave up . But i had to be conscious so i locked the front door from inside first, incase he came back before i m done . Then i tried to lift all the junk from above the file. I sat on the couch and opened it, it was the usual file , his mom's documents and some of his - like the certificates he won at numerous occasions in school , his drawings , some greeting cards which he probably made for his mother etc . It seemed very strange to imagine him as a normal kid. I was about to close it , when an envelope fell from the back of the file. I picked it up and opened it. There were six letters inside it , all of them addressed to Atharv by someone named "Deepak" . Who was this person? His dad? Who else it could be I thought. I began reading them and after finishing them my feet got colder and more colder. Atharv's dad tried to contact him , and not just once , idk even how many more times. If what's he written in here is true then why Atharv lied to me . It was like a whiplash to me . I could feel all the submerged anger inside me coming to surface. I wanted to hurt him for doing this to me even when it was all i lie. Before I could think further, i had a very uneasy thought in my head. What if he doesn't know about any of this? What if his mom kept him in the dark? I was so confused and puzzled. I had to ask his mother first and then confront him . I couldn't take any chances. It was so fucked up.

Do vote and comment and if you like this chapter .