Chapter 2

Walking Through the Time Capsule

Chapter 2

*

*

Niall...

I felt strange.

I felt like I was in the half awake, half still asleep state that you're in when you first wake up in the middle of the night after not being able to sleep. Once I slowly started to move a little bit more, I realized that I felt like that because that was exactly what was happening to me. As I started to gain consciousness a little bit more, I realized that I was on hard ground.

That's weird.

With my eyes closed, I felt around a little bit to feel cool grass sliding through my fingers.

Am I still in the woods? What the hell happened? I couldn't remember anything.

"Ah, look who's finally awake."

The voice startled me a little, causing me to flinch. I opened my eyes to see Louis sitting beside me. His eye were lit up by the moonlight as he watched me groggily sit up.

"Am I drunk?" I asked, clearly confused as to why I was asleep at me and Annabelle's spot.

He let out an amused chuckle. "Nah, you're not drunk. You don't really remember anything though, do you?"

"No. Not at all." I said while shaking and rubbing my head at the same time. As I was rubbing my head, I realized that my hair was wet. Actually, my whole body and clothes were wet. "Lou, why the hell am I wet?"

"Quite the interesting story, actually." He said lightly. "How much do you remember from what happened yesterday?"He asked cautiously.

I looked at the ground in front of me and began to rack my brain. When the harsh memories made their presence back into my head, my shoulders slumped and I dropped my head. "Annabelle doesn't know who I am." Saying it out loud hurt worse, because with the words now actually in the air around us, it made it real and not a dream like I had hoped for.

"Yeah." He sighed. "Anything else?" His voice had dropped in volume. He was obviously hurt too. He was like her older brother.

"Um.." I squeezed my eyes shut. "I ran off and came here and I- I can't remember anything after that."

"Well..." He trailed off while refusing to look at me.

"Louis." I warned. "What happened?"

He sighed and looked me in the eyes. "It happened again."

I let out a sigh and shut my eyes. "How bad was it?" I asked afraid.

"Not as bad actually. After you ran out of the hospital, we all just let you go so you could have your space. We knew how upset you had to have been at what happened. We worked on calming Annabelle down, and then we had to uh..." he swallowed, "we had to introduce ourselves to her." He took a shaky breath. I know that had to have hurt all of them.

Shit, it was gonna kill me when I had to do it.

"After that, we all left to give her some space. Except for Melanie. She wanted her to stay, obviously. But I decided it was time to come and find you, just in case, and I'm damn glad I did." He scoffed. "When I finally got here after running around for an hour, you were waist deep in the lake."

My eyes widened at that information. "Really?"

"Yeah. I could see it in your eyes like last time. They almost looked...black. You were fighting with yourself big time, man. It was fucking scary. You just snapped out of it like you did last time. Except this time, it was so abrupt that you just blacked out and went under. I swear it was like something straight out of a damn movie." He chuckled. "I even had to be the fucking hero and dive in, you dimwit of fucking distress." He joked as he nudged me.