Chapter 13

Walking Through the Time Capsule

Chapter 13

*

*

Niall...

I was lulled out of my peaceful sleep by knocking coming from the front door of the apartment. I ignored it and rolled over to my other side, putting my head under my spare pillow. Whoever it was could fuck off.

"Niall! Get the door!" I heard Harry shout from his room down the hall.

"Fuck no, you get it!" I yelled back, not wanting to be bothered.

The knocking got louder and more persistent.

"Niall, get the fucking door!" He shouted annoyed.

"NO!" I growled. "You slept longer you get it!"

"Your room's closer, you get it!"

"Harry!"

"Niall!"

"Somebody just open the fucking door!" A third voice entered in. I registered it as Louis.

"Fuck off, Louis!" Harry took the words from my mouth.

"One of you open this door or I'll break it down."

I let out a low grunt and opened my eyes to look at the clock in the center of my dark room. Bless this room and it's thick curtains for keeping it dark at nine in the morning. Fuck Louis for breaking my peace and serenity.

I threw open my door and stomped over to Harry's room to leave him a good whack on the head. "OW!" He complained, grabbing his sore head with one hand, and holding onto my wrist with his other as I dragged him out of the room by his ear.

"You're coming with me to open it." I snapped.

I opened the door to Louis' overly perky looking smile. "Ah, about time. Morning boys." He chirped while brushing right between me and Harry.

"Yep, come right on in." I sarcastically cheered.

His eyes scanned over the space. "Nice place ya got here."

"Thanks. Great. You saw it, now you can leave." Harry muttered while pulling on Louis' shirt.

"Now that's no way to treat a guest, is it?" He mocked while plopping himself on the couch.

"Fuck you." I spat while groggily going over to the fridge and pulling out some milk for cereal.

"Come on, guys. Put on some clothes and a smile. It's a beautiful Sunday morning, and it's our first day in LA!" He exclaimed. "Let's go exploring."

"I'm tired." Harry whined. "Damn jetlag."

"I'll pass." I added.

"Aw, don't be such party poopers. Everyone's already up and waiting for me to get back to the house. We were thinking a nice trip over to Venice Beach to kick off our new lives in Cali." He persuaded.

Harry brightened a little, and looked slightly more awake. "Sick, I love Venice. Let me go get dressed." He yelped before running off to his room.

I, however, just slumped my shoulders and sadly looked down at my bowl of cereal as I ate.

"Come on, Niall, get that down ya. Let's get a move on." He cheered excitedly as he clapped his hands together.

"In case you've forgotten, I can't." I mumbled.