Chapter 24

Walking Through the Time Capsule 

Chapter 24

*

*

Niall...

"Aw, look how cute he is." A hushed voice whispered above me.

"Louis, be quiet."

"But look at him! So adorable."

"Both of you, shut up or I'll throw you out of my apartment."

"No need to be so rude."

The voices grew louder as I was lulled out of my deep sleep. I was still too out of it to understand what was happening around me.

"Okay, on three."

"One..."

"Two..."

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!" The loudest shriek ripped through my ears. I immediately yelped and jumped completely up out of bed, landing on the floor.

"Harry! You were supposed to wait till three!" Liam whined, all the others groaned in agreement.

"My place, my rules."

"Ugh, whatever. Happy birthday, Niall." Eleanor rolled her eyes, then smiled at me.

"Thanks, El." I said as I grabbed her extended hand to help myself off the floor.

"I don't get a thank you?" Harry mocked hurt.

"Hell no. You just burst my ear drum."

He pouted, but it only lasted a second since he, and the others, pulled me into a group hug. Everyone else said their 'happy birthdays' as well.

"So, how do you feel?" Zayn ruffled my hair.

"Not a day over twenty." 

My eyes caught Annabelle, who was standing shyly to the side. Once we met gazes, she extended her hand in a small wave. "Happy birthday, Niall." She said softly.

Butterflies shot off in my stomach, I though I might explode. "Thanks, Annabelle." I grinned, suddenly feeling awake and ten times happier than I was a minute ago. Just her presence made such an effect on me.

My gaze was ripped away from her as a playful nudge was left on my shoulder. "Come on to the kitchen. We all made breakfast." Melanie told me.

I followed them down the hall to the kitchen, to see the tables and counters covered in food. They had made the typical bacon and eggs, but also made loads of pancakes, and even some french toast. There was a bowl of cut up fruit in the middle that looked absolutely delicious. There was definitely enough food here to feed the eight of us.

Everyone grabbed a plate, and loaded up with all this good looking food. Since there were only four chairs at the table, and it was covered with food, everyone brought their plates and sat on the living room floor.

"So, birthday boy, what do you want to do today?" Melanie asked before sipping on her orange juice.

"I don't know, to be honest." I answered while I started to rack my brain for ideas.

Louis took my pause as a chance to speak up. "You don't have any ideas? Good, cause I do." He grinned.

I heard Harry snort beside me. "What'd I tell ya? I knew he'd have something up his sleeve."

"Shut it, Styles." He defended before continuing. "Anyways, I was thinking we could all have a little pool party back at the house."

"I'm down with that." I answered excitedly. "That pool is what dreams are made of." I said dreamily, referring to how cool it's designed and decorated.