Chapter 48

Walking Through the Time Capsule

Chapter 48

*

*

Niall...

"No...fuck!" I cursed again, ripping the grass out of the ground with my white fists. She was absolutely nowhere in sight. How the fuck did she run that fast?

Fuck, unless they have her already.

"Niall, calm down." Eleanor said sweetly, trying to calm me down. In London, she always took on the big sister role when I started getting into shit. She and Louis helped me through so much.

"She's gone, El." I cried. "They're gonna take her."

"No they're not. We're gonna find her first." Harry comforted, kneeling on my other side.

"How could I let this happen? How could I let her run away like that?!" I tugged harshly at my hair.

Melanie was worriedly pacing in front of me. Liam and Zayn went inside quickly to turn off all the stoves and devices. Louis, Eleanor, and Harry were desperately trying to calm me down.

"Niall, relax. We aren't gonna get anywhere panicking like this." Louis said, looking equally as panicked as me.

"We-we have to start looking for her. B-before she gets too far." Melanie stuttered through tears.

None of us were stupid. We all knew exactly how dangerous of a situation this was playing out to be.

"If they hurt her..." Harry angrily started.

"No. They are not going to get to her." Eleanor stood her ground, clearly being the most level headed of all of us. She helped me to my feet and we all gathered around, waiting for her words of encouragement. "Now listen, we are going to find her. Everyone get into pairs and we'll start looking around. She can't have gone too far."

"Should we call the police?" Liam asked.

"Not yet." Harry said. "The law system works differently here. They won't do anything about a missing person unless twenty four hours have passed. They won't even hear us out and will just say she probably ran off."

"That's fucking stupid." Louis seethed.

"America's rules, not mine."

"Fine then." Zayn butt in. "We'll find her ourselves."

"Yeah, we'll probably do a better job than some cops anyways." Melanie agreed.

Everyone then looked to me, waiting for me to say something. I was usually the one who made the plans, especially when it came down to Annabelle and her safety. I was too distraught though, and worried too fucking senseless to say anything logical, so I just paired everyone off.

"Melanie, you know her the best, aside from me. You and Zayn go check around the beach, and some of her other favorite places around here where you think she might have run to." They nodded before running inside to grab their phones and extra flashlights, since there were no streetlights on the beach.

"I will stay here in case she comes home." Liam said.

"That's probably a really good idea." Harry said, probably not having thought of that either.

"Louis and Eleanor, you guys take your car and drive around the better side of downtown, and Harry and I will go on foot through the more abandoned parts." Everyone nodded and ran off into the house to collect everything we needed before all going our separate ways.